Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Our own episodes
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Our own episodes Reply with quote

I am excited by this prospect...

Quote:
The most exciting change is that you can now upload video comments using Revver. This is the first in a series of steps we will be taking to enable fans to create their own charaters and storylines.

What kind of characters would you personally add to the plot, considering that you yourselves will play them, and in what direction would you steer the story?

Last edited by twjaniak on Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Falls
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question. The only character I really know how to play is myself. I know a bit more than I should nine times out of ten. I'm Bree's age(a year younger, though) and therefore maybe someone who could talk to her more easily than an adult could.

I'd probably try to steer the story into a more reality-focused plot, like it's starting to become, by interjecting more personal experience. I'd assume something like dealing with more real-life teenage issues like Bree is bound to(and already starting to) experience.
Brooklyn
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would totally lose all interest if this series turned into a teenage-reality-girl soap drama. ugh. Rolling Eyes
curriguy
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how is this any different from the video-responses that are already on youtube?
Way2Curious
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curriguy wrote:

As far as I can tell, the only difference is that the makers of video responses will get paid (because of the ads at the end). And of course that the responses will be posted here....
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curriguy wrote:

Cause T-dawg wants to make some jingle...which I see nothing wrong with...

Call to Arms...Or Would That Be Feet? #54
http://one.revver.com/watch/156886/flv/affiliate/28541

There is No Ice Cream in the Champagne Room at the Ceremony #55
http://one.revver.com/watch/166473/flv/affiliate/28541

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooklyn wrote:
I would totally lose all interest if this series turned into a teenage-reality-girl soap drama. ugh. Rolling Eyes

I want some episodes with the girl in Brooklyn's avatar wearing a really short skirt...

Call to Arms...Or Would That Be Feet? #54
http://one.revver.com/watch/156886/flv/affiliate/28541

There is No Ice Cream in the Champagne Room at the Ceremony #55
http://one.revver.com/watch/166473/flv/affiliate/28541

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
S is for Summer
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Our own episodes Reply with quote

twjaniak wrote:
I am excited by this prospect...

What kind of characters would you personally add to the plot, considering that you yourselves will play them, and in what direction would you steer the story?

I'm not sure yet, but I'm definitely thinking about it. I'm really excited about this idea. Smile Are you going to do it, twj?

Curriguy said:
Quote:

I think the key difference, at least in my eyes, is that they're saying "Cool! Let's make that part of this!" and that there's going to be an effort to have it happen. With the youtube video responses as they are, a person could do this anyway, but it would just sort of be a loose thread. This actually sort of welcomes it into it, and encourages it. I'm not sure I'm saying that well, but hopefully I'm saying it well enough to be understood. Let me know if not and I'll try to clarify. Smile

To get back to the original question... I'm really not sure what sort of character I'll make. I think I'd rather make a character than make vlogs of myself responding to Bree etc. in context. Playing pretend is fun. Wink I'll probably take more care to make certain things the same as my reality than I would if I were writing a character, simply because it will be far easier in terms of making sure that the setting is appropriate to my character and everything. But I'd prefer not to make a carbon copy of myself. Also I think there's a part of me that doesn't want to/worries about being too similar to something already established. I'm a different age, but like Bree I'm home a lot and kind of bookish. I think there's some part of me that is afraid someone will go ":O OMG UR COPYING HER!" when that isn't the case.

I'm really curious to see what other people have in mind for this. Speak up guys!
Brooklyn
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordgreystoke422 wrote:
Brooklyn wrote:

I want some episodes with the girl in Brooklyn's avatar wearing a really short skirt...

HA

What am I? A man? A beast? I'm in my twenties and can be a lady if I want to be ya know... hee!
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me and my key are seriously needed somewhere in that script.
kilgoretroutlovesyou
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see a reporter run into Daniel. Someone who is conducting an investigation on a group that Bree is trying to counteract. I'd like to see Bree's sect be the surprise good-guyd against an unknown, scarier sect.

Pop a wheelie in purgatory --
www.ryanbird.com/purgatory
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Our own episodes Reply with quote

S is for Summer wrote:

I'm not sure yet, but I'm definitely thinking about it. I'm really excited about this idea. Smile Are you going to do it, twj?

I kinda have already begun. Well, at least I've attached videos to the last two video posts here at lonelygirl15.com. I am thinking about taking on the role of a concerned viewer of a her blogs. I will act as if I believe all of this is real.
S is for Summer
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Our own episodes Reply with quote

twjaniak wrote:
S is for Summer wrote:

I kinda have already begun. Well, at least I've attached videos to the last two video posts here at lonelygirl15.com. I am thinking about taking on the role of a concerned viewer of a her blogs. I will act as if I believe all of this is real.

Awesome. Smile I'll have to go check them out when I get back. I saw the one you did (unless you just happen to have an icon of the guy who was in it, hee. Smile ) about the enochian letters. Really good. Smile
Way2Curious
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Our own episodes Reply with quote

twjaniak wrote:

I am thinking about taking on the role of a concerned viewer of a her blogs. I will act as if I believe all of this is real.

That's a really cool idea. Smile
sovietkitsch
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys! I'm a newbie but I've been watching LG for a long time now and been lurking for ages!

I have a character I have thought out.

I was thinking of posting as an acquaintance of Bree's, who knows her through her religion, but isn't close friends with her. They were starting to be friends but when Bree was chosen to participate in the ceremony they weren't allowed to mix because Bree was moving up higher and higher in the ranks of her religion and her parents pushed her to associate only with the elders of the church.

My character could almost be a little bit bitter, as Bree's Dad always does the bibliomancy and is held in high regard in the church, and she's always the favourite, almost like teachers pet. The other kids are jealous that she's been chosen and as a result they are trying to find out more about the ceremony themselves, as a lot of the details are being kept a secret even from them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: