Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who is this - strange female voice just before video ends
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
atomikbr
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Who is this - strange female voice just before video ends Reply with quote

EDITED:
I'm pretty sure there's a voice at the end of Daniel's last video, just before he drops the camera. I think he stopped it because he was caught in the bushes by a woman who calls him

The original audio clip, on this, you can hear Daniel say something like "what?" just after you hear a woman's voice. The clip loops three times:
http://www.upload2.net/page/download/2PlJYq2eGyeYfIZ/original_clip.mp3.html

Repeated three times and cleaned in three different ways, you can notice Daniel's voice in two of these, the last one too crappy.
http://www.upload2.net/page/download/tXpdccurKD83f93/voices_cleaned.mp3.html

I can hear a female voice saying "Brother Beast!" and the Daniel say "what?". The the camera turns off.

But i could be completely wrong, and just in need of sleep.

Last edited by atomikbr on Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Boondongle
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't hear it at first, but there is definatly a voice at the end of the video. I can't hear what it's saying at all.
Falls
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I clicked on the audio file , but all it gives me is a page that asks you to upload. I heard the voice the first time around, but I had NO idea what it was saying.
atomikbr
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilMuffinz wrote:
I clicked on the audio file , but all it gives me is a page that asks you to upload. I heard the voice the first time around, but I had NO idea what it was saying.

you'll find the download link at the bottom of the page -
Falls
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

I DEFINANTLY heard 'Brother Beast'. And if not 'Brother Beast', the word BEAST was in there.

This just got a whole lot crazier..
Way2Curious
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm, I can't hear anything in that file except a weird windchime-like noise about half-way through. Could it be because I only have one speaker working?
Falls
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn your speaker all the way up and put your ear to it. I tried it with my speaker volume at half of what it can be and i just sounded like a whistle. But you'll hear it eventually. One guy here thinks that the voice says "lie down", too.
dharmabum420
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter what I do to it it really doesn't sound like a voice to me, but microphone noise, like he lightly brushed the mic as he switched off. I often hear sounds like that in my own vids.

Admin on the LGpedia.
kilgoretroutlovesyou
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been a strict squasher of the rumour of daniel being a beast.

But I do hear, "You're the beast".

Call me kooky.

Pop a wheelie in purgatory --
www.ryanbird.com/purgatory
Way2Curious
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, either this is an elaborate joke to make me replay those files repeatedly while holding my head to my speaker and at the same time adjusting the volume up and down to see if anything changes.... Laughing , my speaker is broken, or I've finally lost my mind........
With my speaker all the way up I hear something that sounds like music or a sound effect, or an airplane (the best ways I can explain it), but I can't make out a voice in any of it.
In the original video at the end I'm getting the same thing, but shorter and quieter.

Is there something special that those of you that hear a voice are doing?
Falls
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of speakers do you have? I only got one going, if you use two it gets really echo-y and cancels the voice.
S is for Summer
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mk, I've listened a bunch of times over, and here's what my take is:

I think people hearing "brother beast" has a lot to do with suggestion. I can hear it, because if it's what I'm looking for, then I can hear it there, but when I distill it down for myself, that's not what I hear.

I'm not convinced it's anything more than mic noise or background noise. If it IS words, I think it could possibly be someone on the crew whispering a direction or something and thinking they won't be picked up by the microphone.

If it is a voice, it's not the woman's. The woman is in the shot a fraction of a second before the sound we're talking about comes on, possibly still in the frame when it begins, I can't quite tell. Even if Daniel weren't zooming in at all, so that he were only about eight feet from them in the bushes, the woman would not have time to get off camera and close enough to be heard in a whisper. That's if Daniel weren't zoomed at all. Judging by the way the shot wiggles, and the degree of blurriness we see when the camera gets tilted down to the ground, not all of which is due to motion, plus the fact that at the beginning of this section Daniel seems to feel that he's far enough away to be comfortable using voice ("So, she just drove Bree out here...") rather than a whisper, I'd say Daniel has his camera zoomed in pretty tightly, and is a pretty good distance away. If the sound is a voice, it's definitely not the woman's, unless she has some sort of bionic whisper. Hee. Smile

So we have a few options left:
1) it's mic or background noise
2) there is a whisper; it is Daniel's
3) there is a whisper; there is someone else present, and it is their voice

I'm going to work backwards here.

Regarding #3: We have seen absolutely no hint thus far that anyone else is present. Bree was picked up by the woman in her car. It appears to me that the woman was the only person in the car, because of the following: The car appears to have only one door on each side. When Bree rounds the car to the other side, we cannot see her get in, however we can see, at least by shadows, the passenger interior. Because there is only one door on each side, if there were another person in the car, they would have to exit the car to let Bree in. We see no motion to indicate this. I think it's relatively safe to guess that there's noone else in the car.

That would leave someone who came to the site in another car, either following Daniel, following Bree/woman, or meeting Bree/woman. (This is a thought that will make the Cassie theorists happy, I bet. Hee. Smile ) It's possible, but I think if this were the case it would be made the tiniest smidge more clear to us; I think we'd be given a better hint about it. Either the end camera work would somehow more clearly clue in that Daniel had put the camera away in response to something close to him, we would hear some reaction from him, or we would catch some glimpse of something, even blurred beyond recognition.

I've watched the ending several times, and everything I see looks fairly recognisable. The only things I see that aren't from nature are what I believe to be Daniel's jeans and Daniel's sweatshirt. If they weren't Daniel;s, the other person present would have to be wearing very, very similar shades of clothing.

Also, remember earlier I mentioned that it looks as though Daniel has the camera tightly zoomed? That means every little tiny tiny movement of his hand makes a big movement in the frame, hence all that jerky wiggling. He has to be looking at the screen at all times to make sure that he's still got Bree in the shot, because even the smallest movement would take her right out of it. If someone came up on him and surprised or startled him, the camera would swing sharply away from Bree in a very big way, even if he were only very mildly startled.

I just had an aha moment, but I'll put what I think at the end.

Regarding #2: Possible. Daniel's been talking to himself through the whole video. Based on the volume of his voice earlier in this section, he'd have to be saying something pretty much under his breath, and would unlikely be saying anything about "beast".

Regarding #1: Most likely possibility, and I had an aha moment while writing this and watching the video over and over again that I think gels very well with this option.

If you listen closely to the whole video, Daniel's car has a rattle. If you listen for that in the last section that we're talking about, it's still there. He is either still in or is right next to his car. I believe he's still in it because the sound of the rattle has not changed since earlier, when he was definitely in the car. If you were following someone, would you get out of your car just to hide behind it?

So this tells us a couple of interesting things.

1) Daniel was probably in his car. At the very least, he was right next to it.
2) Daniel's car makes noises. It's possible that the sound we hear is a random car noise.
3) It's also possible that the sound was a not-random car noise. I think it might be the gear shift. If you listen, there is a click that comes before the shot ends. It comes before it would come if the click were from him closing the camera. I went back and listened to the enhanced versions, and also went back to the learning to drive video, and I think there's a good chance that it's Daniel putting the car into gear to pull away.
4) Dan's car goes on the road, and Daniel is with his car. So whereever Bree and the woman are, they are close enough to the road that Daniel is able to view them by zoom. It seems weird that the ceremony would be held so close to a road, but as we hear absolutely no background noise from passing cars, it seems to be a very low traffic spot.
5) The road must be edged by at least some greenery; we see it in the shot, and there must be enough to at least pretend to shield the car a bit. I can't imagine Bree not noticing "Hey, there's a car just sitting on our secluded road. And it looks just like Daniel's. And has a boy with a camera in it." Now, I'm not sure what kind of greenery it would take, exactly, to shield a car to escape notice, but still allow Daniel to get a clear shot from inside the car, but that may be where we have to suspend disbelief a little.

ANYWAY. My point is: I don't think it's a voice. I think it's a car noise.
romanceismusic
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i slightly heard what sounded like "i dont know" but i dont really think its a voice.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wjasong
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: THE VOICE Reply with quote

I've been listening to the "cleaned up" version over and over again. I think I heard something in there that might be big.

Now this theory is based on the assumption that the "cleaned up" version is in fact cleand up and not "doctor'd."

But what I heard in this version, and grant it I think I lost my mind days ago with this saga, but I think I heard a woman say "help her Beast, help her."

Also - I noted when I watched the post last night (over and OVER again!) that there was a strange vibrating sound that pops up right before the end when DB turns off the camera

I remember thinking that I heard the beginings of background music and how lame that would be.

Anyway, my thinking is this. The vibration sound that I refer to, the sound that was cleand up, comes from a distortion of a ghost speaking through an electronic device. That ghost being Cassie who has been watching all of this time because she is a spirit.

I attended a ghost hunter seminar once. During which they played recordings taken with digital recording decices - they said the digital kind picked up the spirits clearer than tape and it was easier to clean up the distortion you often hear. BTW - I went to this seminar in protest and I realize this is all fiction.

So the erason for saying this is big is that I think that the voice on the end of the vid is the introduction of the Cassie character.

What do you think of that ? LIsten to the clean version a few more times and see for yourself. Oh and Mk, I hope you're not a shill.
Way2Curious
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! This is starting to get deep. I still can't hear anything that sounds even similar to a voice, though. Oh and "EvilMuffinz", I just have regular speakers, they are the kind that are built into the monitor and only one works, so I don't have to worry about that "echo" you were talking about....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: