Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[PUZZLE] Blue Stone Message (from the HoO Seminar)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Clues and Puzzles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
staticmorning
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Summary
The flyers beneath the blue stone had a phone number. We called it and heard a strange message. However, once you all figured out what it said, Jonas realized we need to come here. Thank you. - Daniel.

but.. uh.. we didnt figure out what it said..

we were waaayyy off.
giddeanx
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We werent off hall of ponies fat clown named cid tomorrow.

We had the message but we could not figure out the location because it was a message directly to Jonas about a childhood memory. (this should raise ears is Alex or his parents passing these messages)

This is one of thier arg "like" elements. All of the hard work and research of an arg puzzle with none of the satisfaction of the solve. A solve we couldn't get because it was in Jonas's head. Frustrating.
It does't bloat like other "like" args.

X
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

giddeanx wrote:

We had the message but we could not figure out the location because it was a message directly to Jonas about a childhood memory. (this should raise ears is Alex or his parents passing these messages)

This is one of thier arg "like" elements. All of the hard work and research of an arg puzzle with none of the satisfaction of the solve. A solve we couldn't get because it was in Jonas's head. Frustrating.

I agree with you giddeanx. That's why I have mixed feelings on the last vid. It was frustrating from an ARG point of view but coherent from the character point of view, assuming Alex is helping them. But yeah...overall frustrating. Confused

And YAY! Thanks to BK we have now a Clues and Puzzles forum!!!
*does the happy dance*
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

impulse wrote:
I agree with you giddeanx. That's why I have mixed feelings on the last vid. It was frustrating from an ARG point of view but coherent from the character point of view, assuming Alex is helping them. But yeah...overall frustrating. Confused

*does the happy dance*

Well, this may sound like a cop-out, but I don't believe the Creators intend for this to be an ARG, per se. They're clearly upping the fan interaction by adding ARG-like clues and puzzles, but I don't think it's going to be similar to ARGs we're familiar with. For example, we're not going to get long delays between videos while they wait for fans to solve a puzzle. Also, they're probably going to reveal the information in the video for fans that don't follow the forums. So I guess things like this (a puzzle that only makes sense to Jonas) will be fairly common. The fans contributed but couldn't really solve it. It will be interesting to see how this works!
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
impulse wrote:

*does the happy dance*

Well, this may sound like a cop-out, but I don't believe the Creators intend for this to be an ARG, per se. They're clearly upping the fan interaction by adding ARG-like clues and puzzles, but I don't think it's going to be similar to ARGs we're familiar with. For example, we're not going to get long delays between videos while they wait for fans to solve a puzzle. Also, they're probably going to reveal the information in the video for fans that don't follow the forums. So I guess things like this (a puzzle that only makes sense to Jonas) will be fairly common. The fans contributed but couldn't really solve it. It will be interesting to see how this works!

Good point.
giddeanx
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't like this direction of arg "like". Now I have absolutely no motivation to put anything into any lg15 puzzle in the future. They solve it by thierselves anyway why do i need too. I can just sit back and watch.

X
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

giddeanx wrote:

While I agree that it was a bit frustrating, I gotta chime in and defend it a bit.

I still think Lucy watches the TAAG videos. She is aware of their activities, and by now must also be aware that there is a forum where TAAG interact with us.

If they had presented the final message to us as something we could decode, then Lucy could have also decoded it.

The final clue had to be provided in a manner in which only the recipient of the message would know where to go. Otherwise, it would likely have been intercepted.
giddeanx
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
giddeanx wrote:

While I agree that it was a bit frustrating, I gotta chime in and defend it a bit.

I still think Lucy watches the TAAG videos. She is aware of their activities, and by now must also be aware that there is a forum where TAAG interact with us.

If they had presented the final message to us as something we could decode, then Lucy could have also decoded it.

The final clue had to be provided in a manner in which only the recipient of the message would know where to go. Otherwise, it would likely have been intercepted.

That is a defense I can take a little easier. Story wise you are correct it may be more plausable. But it would probably be a good idea ooc or ic to have jonas of beast come in ic and say they got it figured out be back later before people take field trips to topegna.

X
giddeanx
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to take a step back. I like that the creators are taking this in a more interactive direction, and they probably had no idea how much response this would create. It was complete madness and was exhilerating but in the end seemed a little scary, with people going to places that they normaly wouldn't go. It might seem silly but I would have felt kind of responsable if something would have went south. I have my name on the first post, i know someone else would have came along and did the same thing I did, but its there. I am frustrated at no solution mostly for this fact. No one was ment to go anywhere but people ended up everywhere.

In the end no harm no foul. C'est la vie. Blah blah blah. I am sorry if i got too pointed i hope they do something like this in the future. You never know how these things are going to turn out and cant blame them for the plan because you don't know what will happen when youre experimenting with ideas.

Im sorry this is dumb and grumpy.

Ill shamble back up to my creepy house on the corner. If you need to get your baseball the gate's open i won't grumble too much.

X
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*tickles Gid with his feathersword*

Its all right honey...don't be grumpy.

(you can change your avvie all you want, but you will always be Captain Feathersword to me)
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

giddeanx wrote:
[ But it would probably be a good idea ooc or ic to have jonas of beast come in ic and say they got it figured out be back later before people take field trips to topegna.
This would have been an easy fix. We would have known that our part was done if Jonas had just come to the forum and said - "Hey guys, good thing you were able to intercept and decode the message, I know what it means"...
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
This would have been an easy fix. We would have known that our part was done if Jonas had just come to the forum and said - "Hey guys, good thing you were able to intercept and decode the message, I know what it means"...

I want to add a small tweak here. I hesitated briefly because I would normally never try to disagree with trainer101's wisdom in these matters.

Having Jonas come on the forum to add that message might have given away his connection to the sender. One of the others (Taylor) did come in and suggest that the message had been received, but that was too ambiguous. Most of us missed it.

A clearer message stating that the message had been received from Daniel or Sarah would have been welcome.
yeahimreallybored
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: o.O ??! Reply with quote

jeeSz, i havent caught up with the whole lOnelygirl story for a while...sOo im VERY confused. where did this flyer come from?? Shocked if anyOne can explain it to me, i'd really appreicate it. haha, i need to go wacth the videOs.

WHAT D0ES N0T KiLL ME CAN 0NLY MAKE ME STR0NGER.
sack36
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with the Blue Stone message is that there was more than one very plausible solution. We just couldn't tell when we'd found a solution. Some of that can be explained by the quality of the phone message. We were convinced it was "Kate" not "cake".

BTW just before the entire story broke, Voyboy and I came up with a doozy of a solution that fit all the criteria. We were on our way to post it when the new video came out. Anybody interested in hearing it?
http://2grandmas.com and http://laying8.com
Proud member of the Him of Won and the Humm of Juan
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sack36 wrote:

BTW just before the entire story broke, Voyboy and I came up with a doozy of a solution that fit all the criteria. We were on our way to post it when the new video came out. Anybody interested in hearing it?

As long as that theory doesn't include me as Sid the Clown, I am all ears.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Clues and Puzzles All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 37 of 38

Jump to: