Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tonights Chat with Jonas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Taig
Enthusiastic Fan


Joined: 31 Dec 2006
Posts: 373

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meah, meah, meah...wowweee omy goodness "milo is completely right" big deal wow Right Wing maybe

[quote]BrightSilence wrote:
I think IRC Might be an option, however it is hard to maintain control on nicknames in IRC. I could very easilly login as lonelygirl15 and freak everyone out telling them I will commit suicide or something. [/quote]

Whoaaaa what a hoot that would be! do it Do it DO IT!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Skunkwaffle
Enthusiastic Fan


Joined: 23 Oct 2006
Posts: 460
Location: New York

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all, the issue is not that the cast/crew aren't working hard, but that they are be unnecessarily stubborn. The chat room on this site is THE WORST CHAT ROOM I HAVE EVER SEEN. And I'm a heavy internet user who's seen a lot of badly made chat rooms.

This room is designed for a small number of people to chat using audio/video. It was never intended to be used for over 50 people in text only chats.

IRC on the other hand, which has been recommended again and again and again to the C's, is designed for hundreds if not thousands of simultaneous users, and does not have the unused, and therefore unnecessary but still eats up all the bandwidth, audio/video features.

As far as IP cloaks, channel takeovers, nick controlling, and any other issues, there are several ways to keep those things under control.

The fact is, if they were willing to accept the improvement, it would happen, but as long as they continue to refuse, the chats will continue to suck.
_________________
Yeah, you got... stuck a fish in the face.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BrightSilence
Devoted Fan


Joined: 23 May 2007
Posts: 619
Location: the Netherlands

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taig wrote:
meah, meah, meah...wowweee omy goodness "milo is completely right" big deal wow Right Wing maybe

BrightSilence wrote:

I think IRC Might be an option, however it is hard to maintain control on nicknames in IRC. I could very easilly login as lonelygirl15 and freak everyone out telling them I will commit suicide or something.


Whoaaaa what a hoot that would be! do it Do it DO IT!!!!
Darn, I've already blown my cover Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
milowent
Devoted Fan


Joined: 07 Sep 2006
Posts: 882

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think IRC probably has options at least as robust as the current chat client for protecting against name spoofing. TOSG points out what Maddy did. (ETA: oh, this other post by Linc already addresses this already too: http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10992&start=15)

Even recently, someone went into the official chat with some name variant of lonelygirl15 or danielbeast and fooled some people. so, its an issue that will exist no matter what.

i think the creators have an understandable desire to try to keep everything under one roof. however, a java chat interface can be placed on the website, so the newbie chatter who would not not figure out a chat client program (like MIRC) can simply go to lonelygirl15.com and quick on the chat link -- just like now -- and by moved into the chat. it would all feel seamless.

what will change (i assume) is that registering for the main page comment board will not automatically have you registered under that name for the IRC chat. any bright people have thoughts on that issue? its already a bit cumbersome in that you have to register separately here for (1) comments board, (2) forum, and (3) lgpedia.
_________________
“Can't repeat the past? Why of course you can!”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
archangelica
Casual Observer


Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 38

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
These problems have been around since they introduced the chat. It's nothing new for us to bitch about it really. But it's getting to the point where the more character/fan interaction, the more people are left out because of it. And the lot of us have HAD it. We are sick and tired of it.
We have given and given and given them solutions, however they have remained stubborn, and set that they want THIS chat with audio and visual capabilities, even though THAT is the main problem and bug.


That's what I was wanting to say. I've been into LG15 for about 10 months now. At first, I was extremely excited about it, but I only have a lukewarm interest now. The culture of exclusivity has dampened my spirits quite a bit.

OpAhid phone calls and segregation of players, drops in California (read: I don't live in California, nor do a lot of people,) secret phone numbers that are expensive to call if you don't live in the USA ... those things are understandable.
(I included the OpAphid stuff because I believe it happened pre-canon.)

But here's where I get ticked off: The seminar. Now, I'm not a very social person, and I am camera phobic. I doubt I would have gone had I had a chance. But it was extremely exclusive and the extreme secrecy afterwards left me feeling like a second-class fan. I do appreciate, though, how quickly we were filled in. Still, it reeked of the early days of OpAphid.

And I am VERY discouraged about the chat. If the Creators don't have the time, energy, or interest to fix the damned thing, then why the hell are they using it for major events? AGAIN, only a priviledged few get to participate, and it is a frustrating experience even for them. If they won't fix the chat, they shouldn't use it. It's simple.

I heard Jonus say "chat" in the video last night. I swore, shut down the video, and went to bed. Normally I would have read the forums, but I just don't care anymore.

Actually, that's not true. I don't care as much about the series because I constantly feel left out. But I care enough to feel indignant. That's why I posted this.

I apologize for the rant. Carry on. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Taig
Enthusiastic Fan


Joined: 31 Dec 2006
Posts: 373

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

archangelica

Honey....take a breath. A deep cleansing breath. Relax....seriously, I am not being sarcastic or snarky (i love that word)...Just take it easy,say a quiet prayer.

By the way I love your screen name.

Now, remind yourself this is just a dumb Internet something or other (Frankly I'm not sure what one should call it).

Actually, you kind of gave me a chuckle this afternoon. I am currently dealing with a blind 9 year old who hasn't been able to learn Braille because the fire burned his hands so badly he can't "feel the words". He is "VERY discouraged"also and it is a frustrating experience for him. He kinda feels "second class" as well. So see you aren't alone after all!

I am curious about one thing in general. Why do people think it is ok to throw a tantrum or rant and rave as long as they say[b] "I apologize for the rant.[/b]. If you were really sorry, you should simply edit or delte your post.

...and yet I somehow feel that while I am not sory for this rant my ppost will be edited or dleted.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raigne
Lonely Fan


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 148

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taig, your posts are filled with malicious sarcasm and ad hominem attacks. If you see nothing wrong with them, why do you feel they might be deleted? The other posters in this thread have given their ideas alot of thought and deserve as much respect as anyone else, whether you agree with them or not.

And now to be on topic:
I've never been in the chat on this site. Does anyone know what software they're currently using? They might be more receptive to ideas if we were able to do a little research and pricing on a couple different chat options.

IRC is good to use for some things. It's obvious the Creators are opposed to using, however, and I don't think its an ideal solution. Think about the number of people who were able to get into the chat and post and how many more were not. Imagine them all in the room at once. It'd be chaos. There would be so much spam from people trying to be heard that it would be just as bad as it is now. Coupled with the initial lack of control and the fact that it's not very user friendly (you can make it easy to get to the room everyone's in, but that doesn't make it user friendly...), I really don't think it's the ideal solution for what the Creators are attempting to accomplish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
archangelica
Casual Observer


Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 38

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh what the crap. now the forums suck as well. Taig, I'd replied to you, dang it.

*dramarama*

(btw, I don't mind Taig. I know the screenname and actually quite admire the person.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
archangelica
Casual Observer


Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Posts: 38

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taig wrote:
archangelica

Honey....take a breath. A deep cleansing breath. Relax....seriously, I am not being sarcastic or snarky (i love that word)...Just take it easy,say a quiet prayer.


Where was the exclaimation point? I didn't think that I even used a marginally acceptable interrobang in my post. Wink

Quote:
By the way I love your screen name.


Grazi.

Quote:
Now, remind yourself this is just a dumb Internet something or other (Frankly I'm not sure what one should call it).


Yes, I am learning to accept LG15 for what it is, rather than what it is supposed to be.

Quote:
Actually, you kind of gave me a chuckle this afternoon. I am currently dealing with a blind 9 year old who hasn't been able to learn Braille because the fire burned his hands so badly he can't "feel the words". He is "VERY discouraged"also and it is a frustrating experience for him. He kinda feels "second class" as well. So see you aren't alone after all!


Actually, when I wrote the post that was devoured, I detailed my multiple abuses, tragic history, and the times I saw people die or was a victim of a violent crime.

Then I realized how irrelevant it was when replying to someone who is using some poor child's tragic situation as a means to poke fun at a stranger on the internet.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Quote:
I am curious about one thing in general. Why do people think it is ok to throw a tantrum or rant and rave as long as they say "I apologize for the rant.. If you were really sorry, you should simply edit or delte your post.


I'm not really sorry. I'm just apologizing to the bliss-ninnies who are insistant upon a uptopia in which no Creatortron is ever questioned and all videos are equal. I feel badly when I infringe on their pipe-dream.

Quote:
yet I somehow feel that while I am not sory for this rant my ppost will be edited or dleted.


If ThEy DeLeTe YoU I WiLl QuIt. AlL 14 PoStS!

*DrAmaRamA!*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
joygasm
Thor's Hammer


Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 1071
Location: Lurker's Bed

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost think it is better when the chat is not filled up with people. It seems to work better when there are just a couple of members who are staying in character. The other night when Bree was in there, there was a lot of immaturity. It's really annoying to read the transcripts of it. As much as everyone would like the opportunity to talk with them, some people just don't know how to act. I wish it was a little more organized. I think it should be something that forum members with high rankings should only be allowed to participate in, because they will take it seriously.
_________________
I Lurker!! He is my King. I bow to no other.

You other girls better back it up! He is mine! Just ask him!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
yepooda
Casual Observer


Joined: 30 May 2007
Posts: 60
Location: North Carolina

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joygasm wrote:
I think it should be something that forum members with high rankings should only be allowed to participate in, because they will take it seriously.


While I understand where you are going with the blatant immaturity of some people on this site, I hardly think that it would be appropriate to use "seniority" as a way of weeding out the immature populous.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
joygasm
Thor's Hammer


Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 1071
Location: Lurker's Bed

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yepooda wrote:
joygasm wrote:
I think it should be something that forum members with high rankings should only be allowed to participate in, because they will take it seriously.


While I understand where you are going with the blatant immaturity of some people on this site, I hardly think that it would be appropriate to use "seniority" as a way of weeding out the immature populous.


I understand that as well. I just figure, perhaps it would cut back on some of it a little bit. I wish there was something that could happen. I have never participated in chat, and after reading the mess from the other night I probably never will. It should be a lot more moderated at least. If it is going to be an in-character chat, there needs to be someone in there keeping it in-character.
_________________
I Lurker!! He is my King. I bow to no other.

You other girls better back it up! He is mine! Just ask him!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Taig
Enthusiastic Fan


Joined: 31 Dec 2006
Posts: 373

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

archangelica


you crack me up like a egg! Smile

Keep a hold of that grasp of reality Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Taig
Enthusiastic Fan


Joined: 31 Dec 2006
Posts: 373

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joygasm wrote:
I think it should be something that forum members with high rankings should only be allowed to participate in, because they will take it seriously.


OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!! you did not...did not say that! Someone has stolen your screen name and is making silly posts!!!!!

Surely you do not believe that people with a higher post rate deserve special priveldges?

No no no....that can not possibly be what you meant.

Please tell me I have grossly misinterpreted your comment


P.S. I haven't been accused of being immature since I was in high school....except of course this morning, and maybe yesterday. Oh yeah....there was that comment I made last night too...come to think of it I guess I really am immature.

Darn It
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah


Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Posts: 4732
Location: Halifax NS Canada

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I AGRRE WITH JOYGASM!
_________________
kelly

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP