Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tonights Chat with Jonas
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skunkwaffle
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Tonights Chat with Jonas Reply with quote

so tonight Jonas chatted with the fans in the official LG15 chat room.

I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate the creators on once again completely ruining something that could have been a great addition to the LG experience.

Rather than an interactive experience with the characters, most fans were treated to a completely crippled site, forums, comments, vids and all were almost completely unresponsive.

Those who did actually make it into the chat room (an accomplishment for each and every one of you) were treated to unimaginably long lag time and crashed browsers.

The interaction with JonasTKO was limited at best, and ultimately did not lead to anything constructive.

So thanks again creators, for fucking up something that could have been great. Because of your own pigheadedness and unwillingness to use a chat medium which has been used again and again to further your own story line, I speak of course about IRC, this whole experience has been reduced to a colossal waste of time.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I blame the Order, myself.

Seriously, the guy explained in the chat how he had been trying to show Bree her old videos, and that it wasn't helping. Then he agreed to do the same tomorrow.

He then blew off my suggestion of trying to get Bree to open up about the HoO.

At least he is remaining in character as being pretty clueless about what to do.
Skunkwaffle
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would have been better if more people could see that, and if the rest of the site didn't have a stroke in the meantime.

I don't know why they have audio/video as part of that chat anyway, it's just asking for trouble.
Opladybug
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*pats the creators on the back*
They do try so hard lol.
Maybe you should be looking into IRC chat. It would be nice to have interaction that did not frezze my computer.

...er btw,nice vids Laughing

Comments,represent!

--... --... --... --... --... --... ..--- . -.... -.-. -.... ..-. --... ...-- --... ....- ..--- . -.... ..... --... ..... ..--- ..-. ...-- ...-- -.... ...-- -.... ..--- ...-- .----
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A link to the chat log is available on LG15 Today blog posting by modelmotion:

http://lg15today.blogspot.com/2007/06/jonas-chat-june-6-2007.html
truncatedslinky
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa. Okay, there are definitely problems with the chat, but there's no need to be that rude.

The Creators, actors, and production work so hard, and they're not getting a lot of profit from this or anything. I'm sure they're doing their best to fix it.

So calm down, you'll just raise your blood pressure.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

truncatedslinky wrote:
Whoa. Okay, there are definitely problems with the chat, but there's no need to be that rude.

The Creators, actors, and production work so hard, and they're not getting a lot of profit from this or anything. I'm sure they're doing their best to fix it.

So calm down, you'll just raise your blood pressure.

Well, I gotta kinda step up here and represent for Skunkwaffle. He knows that The Creators, actors, and production team are all attempting to further their careers. They seem to be doing so through hard work, as you suggest.

They also seem to be accepting input from the fans of their production as well. Sometimes, that input criticizes them.
truncatedslinky
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I agree with the criticism, but there's no need to insult them or swear at them. That's just my input.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

truncatedslinky wrote:
Oh, I agree with the criticism, but there's no need to insult them or swear at them. That's just my input.

Now I have to step up and agree with you for suggesting that swearing may not be helpful.

However, Skunkwaffle is passionate about the production, and a bit of swearing may help alleviate the frustration.

Damn it.
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's called "everyone and his cousin, you included, got on and slowed things the hell down"

don't go and be all high and mighty.

damn it.
(LOL)
Taig
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skunk and Apo you rude boys. Here's these young kids just trying to put on a show for everyone and all you can do is complain!

I happen to know that Daniel has taken on a paper route and Jessica has been selling the cutest home-made jewelry at craft fairs for months now.

Joan, of course, has yet to spend a nickel of his inheritance but he does let them use his car from time to time.

The C's (I still REFUSE to call them "Creators" ) are doing their part to raise money for production by too. The Dr. has been running a "free / lowcost" clinic for girls in trouble and the lawyer guy has taken on al the DUI cases he can handle.

Sarah and her sister have been - well they are new - taking in laundry and walking dogs.

I even hear Mesh's Mom does the make-up runs the errands. AND the sound stage and editing booth are both in Aunt Jenny's barn

The point is thes guys and gals work very hard for their art and for your entertainment. And ALL of this while they are being chased by some darn crackpots in fancy limousines!!

Shame on you! So what if they can't afford your big fancy IRC stuff, whatever the heck that is. Big deal if they don't meet your standards. Geezie Peezzie the whole world would be better off if people would be more helpful and less critical.

YOu guys make me so mad, sometimes I have to pray over it.

I DO have an idea though. Maybe others will like this too. MAybe at a certain time on a certain day wehrever you are we should all collectively meditate and send all our positive vibes to the LG15 gang. What do you say?
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

truncatedslinky wrote:
I'm sure they're doing their best to fix it.

why are you sure? every indication from the creators is that they know things need fixing, but they have assigned it a low priority. these threads are begging the Creators to fix -- at the very least -- the chat problems.

IRC, Cs, please look into it. Your perceived need for a proprietary chat is unclear. I did some looking into freenode TOS the other night and didn't see any prohibition against usage by a for-profit entity. Please consider this option and give us your response.
BrightSilence
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think IRC Might be an option, however it is hard to maintain control on nicknames in IRC. I could very easilly login as lonelygirl15 and freak everyone out telling them I will commit suicide or something.

Sure you could use channel bots to controll all that. But I've seen lots of channels being overtaken by malicious characters... Either way, they should have a way of disabling the vid/mic options when something like this is going on. I guess that should help alot already.

I've actually worked with IRC chat applets integrated in a website of a BBTBMMRTSORPG (Browser Based Text Based Realtime Strategy Online Role Playing Game. Well, it just is all of that a bit Razz). We used applets that automatically set your name to SW_%nickname_ingame% (SW being the abbreviation of the games name). All was controlled by a pretty well programmed channel bot allowing only the one who had the ingame login and password forwarded to the applet to have that specific name. Took alot of time to set up and in the end during Beta testing of the entire thing someone still managed to disable our bot, steal a nickname infiltrate enemy clan channels and disrupt the balance of the game. That's what beta testing is for. BUT therefore we decided to ditch IRC. It's a long story, but just means I understand why IRC isn't that easy afterall.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milowent wrote:
truncatedslinky wrote:
I'm sure they're doing their best to fix it.

why are you sure? every indication from the creators is that they know things need fixing, but they have assigned it a low priority. these threads are begging the Creators to fix -- at the very least -- the chat problems.

IRC, Cs, please look into it. Your perceived need for a proprietary chat is unclear. I did some looking into freenode TOS the other night and didn't see any prohibition against usage by a for-profit entity. Please consider this option and give us your response.

Milo is completely right.

Truncatedslinky:
These problems have been around since they introduced the chat. It's nothing new for us to bitch about it really. But it's getting to the point where the more character/fan interaction, the more people are left out because of it. And the lot of us have HAD it. We are sick and tired of it.
We have given and given and given them solutions, however they have remained stubborn, and set that they want THIS chat with audio and visual capabilities, even though THAT is the main problem and bug.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrightSilence wrote:
I think IRC Might be an option, however it is hard to maintain control on nicknames in IRC. I could very easilly login as lonelygirl15 and freak everyone out telling them I will commit suicide or something.

Just keep the character names registered and set so that they're given operator status whenever they log in. Worked for Maddison Atkins.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: