Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Concerned about my missing video.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will-O-Wisp
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Concerned about my missing video. Reply with quote

My video, 'World Order' by WillOfWisp was up last week and now it isn't.
I can't imagine that it was accepted by Revver yet too controversial for this site, so I can only hope that this was an accident.

However, I am withholding a resubmit on the grounds that it may not be an accident.

If my video was removed on purpose, I'd either a) like to have my comapnion video, Astronomy to also be removed, since...well, they barely make sense together, and absolutely no sense as a stand alone. Or b) Knowing what was wrong with my video so that I can edit it before resubmitting.

Help a fan out here, please. I'm a little unhappy about this.

Here's the video in question posted at MySpace: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2033465652

I can't imagine this being too controversial for fan vids.
Will-O-Wisp
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

22 views and no replies, eh?

Well, I was warned that this place ignored the noobs. Silly me gave you guys the benefit of a doubt.

I guess it's back to the comments page for me. Sure, the creators will ignore me there, but at least the members acknowledge me.

Thanks to those 22 folks who actually opened this thread though. I appreciate it.
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will-O-Wisp wrote:
22 views and no replies, eh?

Well, I was warned that this place ignored the noobs. Silly me gave you guys the benefit of a doubt.

I guess it's back to the comments page for me. Sure, the creators will ignore me there, but at least the members acknowledge me.

Thanks to those 22 folks who actually opened this thread though. I appreciate it.

Well, what do you want us to say? I didn't delete your video...

And the persecution complex that some of the comments page people have is comepletely baffling.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will, I hope you find a way to get your video up. Not sure what else you want from the rest of us forumites.
Will-O-Wisp
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what I want.

.Sorry 'bout your luck?

.Have you tried so and so or so and so?

.Welcome to the forums?

.Hi Will-O-Wisp?

.Have you tried contacting the creators?

.Here's a hug?

What did I expect? Pretty much what I just got. 'I don't know you so I'm not saying a damn thing.'

I don't know if this stuff has happened to you guys, but I feel a little rejected from a series that I've grown to love and respect over the months. I put a lot of work into something I'd hoped would be appreciated by some of you. Of course, it wasn't. My thread in fanfiction was never replied to either. 65 views. zero replies...

Of course, if my name was trainer101 or Apo or whatever (nothing personal guys, just an example), there would be fifty replies here already. That's all I'm saying.

You guys are a clique and no matter how hard you want to justify it or deny it, you'll only do so within your own circle.

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome. I've learned something today.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did someone mention my name? Laughing
Hey Will, let me be the first to welcome you. I felt kinda the same way when I was the noob - after awhile I realized my impression was totally wrong and I've made some good friends here.

I'm not clear about what happened to your vid. Do you mean there was a link to it that was deleted from the forum or did you submit it through the mainpage and have it deleted?

Trainer
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will, for what is worth, I tried to play. I friended Kat (not sure if that's you or you were playing off of her), and I tried to friend Abel, but that went ignored. I read all the blogs in myspace. Not sure what I was supposed to do.

As others here can attest, I'm not the type to go first and say "hi, whatsup, welcome to the forum!" and start giving hugs. I'm not a leader like that. I know I'll probably go to hell for it or something. Very Happy

Last edited by deagol on Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Will-O-Wisp
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for a substantial reply, trainer 101, and the welcome. As a mostly fulltime lurker, I've grown to respect you just through your post alone, so thanks for replying.

I'm not that clear about what happened to my video either. It was accepted by Revver and accepted by this site (main page, right side with the fanvids) for about three days. Now it's gone and I don't understand why.

TOSOG, if you're baffled about the comments page 'persecution complex' over the forums, just read your first statement to me. That might explain things a bit.

deagol, thanks for the wishes. Smile
Will-O-Wisp
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol, I wasn't necessarily trying to start an arg as much as a video game with a few cool puzzles.
I don't expect to be arg ready for another year or so.
Kat wasn't part of it though I did try to bring her in.
Abel never posted and doesn't have an account here.
Had you posted in Will-O-Wisp, 'Message To Abel' thread, you most certainly would have gotten a reply.

I do thank you for checking it out though. That means a lot to me.

All I really wanted from this thread was an explanation. The title is Concerns and Complaints and this is a little of both, I suppose.
Thanks for replying.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will-O-Wisp wrote:
Thank you for a substantial reply, trainer 101, and the welcome. As a mostly fulltime lurker, I've grown to respect you just through your post alone, so thanks for replying.

I'm not that clear about what happened to my video either. It was accepted by Revver and accepted by this site (main page, right side with the fanvids) for about three days. Now it's gone and I don't understand why.

TOSOG, if you're baffled about the comments page 'persecution complex' over the forums, just read your first statement to me. That might explain things a bit.

deagol, thanks for the wishes. Smile

Probably your video is still there - just moved down the list. As new fan videos are posted (main page), the older ones move down the list. If you scroll to the bottom of the fan videos list, and click to the next page you will probably find that your video is still there - just not on the main page anymore.

You can always post your videos here on the forum in the fan fic section. You can also build a page for yourself on the LGpedia, and a profile page linked from the main page. If you want to increase your views, add a link to your video in your forum signature and start posting! Smile There's nothing like a little gratuitous self promotion to get the ball rolling. Worked for me Wink :lol

BTW, welcome Very Happy
Haether
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All I really wanted from this thread was an explanation. The title is Concerns and Complaints and this is a little of both, I suppose.

you may notice that most of these concerns and complaints in here are largely ignored, as are many of the posts in the forum at large. There's just a lot to look at, a lot to think about, and a LOT of redundancy....I think a lot of people try to keep one topic in a thread, even if the topic has been brought up in others...it goes easier that way.

As for your video not being up, it's probably a technical glitch (shocking, I know, since so much works on this site so well Rolling Eyes ...)
But really, I don't think 99.9% of the posters on here could help you with this. PM the creators?

it is spelled DEFINITELY
learn it, live it, love it.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw crap, I was almost going to reply with "is there something to solve here?" but I thought that would've been too much of an OOC question for you to answer in that IC thread.
Will-O-Wisp
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, deagol, not to pat myself too hard, but I do have ways to answer OOC questions while IC. Hard to explain without an example, but it can be done.

I'm an incredibly interested novice in ARG and with the groundwork I've been laying out (on other things. Not this) I expect to have something really good for you guys in the future.

Luminous. My video should still be at the top. Only four vids have gone up since then, and my earlier video, Astronomy is still on the first page. However, that was suggested in comments, and I did scour the fan vids and found nothing. It's just gone!

I did post in fanfic and adding a link to the vids, but a link in my signature would've taken away from the characters mystery...and face it, folks love a mystery.
...and thanks for the welcome.
Although I feel kinda thin-skinned now. Had I not whined, I don't think I would've gotten these replies.

Haether, I did pm the Creators. Something tells me they're too busy to worry about there lil' ol' fans.

I do hope it's just a technical glitch. I can't imagine my little low-quality first video try would be too controversial to keep here...especially if Revver kept it.

Edited because it's I before E.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not offended at being mentioned in your complaint as an example. It humbles me.

I'll tell you this: since you do mention me, I feel justified in replying.

What you are suggesting is that The Creators don't care about their fans. I can tell you from personal experience that they do care.

I can also tell you that popularity here as a fan contributor is a two-way street. Hopefully, one day your contribution will be popular, and you can look back on your complaint here.

Because you will see that I am right.
Will-O-Wisp
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apo, I appreciate your reply as I am a big fan of yours.

I can only 'judge' the creators based on what they've shown me.
So far, this is what they've shown me.
I may be way off base, but I can only look at the world through my own eyes and form my opinions as I perceive them.
You have personal experience with them. I don't.

I have no doubt my future arg will be popular. This place was my very first introduction to this type of gaming, and though I didn't feel ready enough to offer anything to OpA or Maddison, you can bet I was right there with you guys through every step.

As this was my first introduction I feel a loyalty to this place.
However, with silent creators, disappearing videos, and snarky first comments...I'm not feeling very inspired.

Snarky comments I can handle easily. Missing videos kinda kills my whole concept.

In the future, I won't have to look back on this to realize you're right. I already know you're right. But...my video is still gone and I still don't know why.

As I said, if there was something offensive (I can't imagine what), I'd happily change it and resubmit, but right now, I have no idea what's going on.

Edited: My faith is restored! The Creators did pm me (in comments at that), and now we're trying to resolve this issue.

Thanks everyone (except that first guy) who responded. You guys were great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: