Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with the chat room - read this

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ControlledEntropy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Problems with the chat room - read this Reply with quote

The chat seems to have lost the fact that I registered, and although I deleted cookies, I didn't think it'd lose that aspect.
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to the main page, (www.lonelygirl15.com), log in, and enter chat it should work. If you try to get in through the forum or the LGPedia, it might not.

Let me know if this fixes it. Smile
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When dealing with the chat room, please take note of the following:

You should access the chatroom from the main page at www.lonelygirl15.com. Not lonelygirl15.com! Not from the forum or the Lgpedia link. Just go to the main page.

If you access the chat and close out, you must close your browser window. To access the chat again, re-open the browser (or new tab), go back to www.lonelygirl15.com, and click chat again. If you get the "Already registered" or similar message, you need to close your browser window and load it again before re-entering chat.

To access the chat, make sure you have cookies enabled and popups are not blocked.
Zoey
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done everything listed on this page and have not had any luck. I am logged in on the main site, and I have the latest version of Flash installed, however when I try to enter the room it says "Authorization Error. Please register to use the chat." Grr!!! Does anyone know why this is? As I said, I am registered and logged in, (and I have cookies enabled) so I don't see why it won't let me enter.
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all know the official chat sucks beyond repair.

Can Your Happiness give you what you need, when Your Happiness it may not last, and with Your Happiness up in the air due to the chat problems? I think not. Your Happiness lost is not something you want, as your happiness, cause you need your happiness the.
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this seem to be a big problem.. Why don't we set up an official IRC chat?
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milowent wrote:
Can Your Happiness give you what you need, when Your Happiness it may not last, and with Your Happiness up in the air due to the chat problems? I think not. Your Happiness lost is not something you want, as your happiness, cause you need your happiness the.

ZOMG! I think it's a code! Shocked

Sami wrote:

My best answer (and I have absolutely zero authority on the matter) is to veer you in the direction of this post from Greg recently. It explains that they've been tinkering with the application but, you'd infer so far, to no avail. Many members have brought up the mIRC and VanillaFlava's newest input of Jabber in place of the current chat application. I haven't heard of any progress either way. But we can always hope!

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sami wrote:

an IRC chat program is set up and a private server is ready for the creators if they choose to use IRC. Talk to Dixie for more info

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hamovbala4ever89
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sami wrote:

no IRC lol i like chat just the way it is lol
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoey wrote:
I have done everything listed on this page and have not had any luck. I am logged in on the main site, and I have the latest version of Flash installed, however when I try to enter the room it says "Authorization Error. Please register to use the chat." Grr!!! Does anyone know why this is? As I said, I am registered and logged in, (and I have cookies enabled) so I don't see why it won't let me enter.

I've had the same problem every single time I've tried to get on the multi-user chat (that is, twice). I found that logging off and re-logging on the main page lets me in. I'm using Firefox.
rupaZer0
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milowent wrote:
We all know the official chat sucks beyond repair.

Your happiness, I value more than anything. When you pursue your happiness, love and wisdom your life has meaning. However, if you, unable to discuss your happiness, puzzle over the opening of a chat client, you may suffer a little. But love and clarity remain on a deeper level, and you happiness jokes about mundane issues like this.
Taig
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deagol and Zoey...Do you think maybe they just don't want to chat with you?
Rockefeller
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupaZer0 wrote:

Your happiness, I value more than anything. When you pursue your happiness, love and wisdom your life has meaning. However, if you, unable to discuss your happiness, puzzle over the opening of a chat client, you may suffer a little. But love and clarity remain on a deeper level, and you happiness jokes about mundane issues like this.

that was beautiful!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: