Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Opening of the Mouth" ceremony
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mulapin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: "Opening of the Mouth" ceremony Reply with quote

The "corpse", once brought out of the crypt had to be brought back to life through rituals. Certain statues were "processed" to live again through the "Opening of the Mouth" ceremony which was practiced in the Gold House situated close to the crypt.

http://users.iafrica.com/g/gr/grenvill/denderah.htm

Mulapin
"Deus Vult"

Is the ceremony near?

Summer Solstice
In 2007, summer begins June 21, 2:06 P.M. EDT (18:06 UT)

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/solstice.html
RiD_mE_oF_mYsElF
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

euw. Sad

LeAd Me To ThE cRoSs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mulapin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: euw? Reply with quote

[quote="RiD_mE_oF_mYsElF"]euw. Sad[/quote

euw?

Surprised

mulapin
RiD_mE_oF_mYsElF
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I have a very active imagination, and it was envisioning corpses, that's all...

LeAd Me To ThE cRoSs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mulapin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Oh, Sorry Reply with quote

RiD_mE_oF_mYsElF wrote:
well, I have a very active imagination, and it was envisioning corpses, that's all...

It was not my intention to create a vision of such, but trully, they, IE. the corpse<s> are symbolic in the ceremony.

Mulapin
RiD_mE_oF_mYsElF
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice... what do they actually do to the bodies? open their mouths? (please forgive my ignorance)

LeAd Me To ThE cRoSs
Mulapin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: This ceremony is a symbolic one....and a child will be born. Reply with quote

RiD_mE_oF_mYsElF wrote:
nice... what do they actually do to the bodies? open their mouths? (please forgive my ignorance)

This ceremony is a symbolic one, used to bring into the vessel a new being, a being for a "purpose," so I have researched.

The earliest complete account of the Opening of the Mouth ceremony dates to the 19th dynasty, embodied in a long ceremony performed at funerals in or before the tomb. King Seti I had such scenes depicted on his tomb, and so did the vizier Rekhmire. He held office under both Tuthmosis III and Amenhotep II. The scenes are among the best sources on the subject. The stm and lector-priests played central roles, the former representing the son who was closest to the father, the latter making the correct recitations.

The ceremony should be carried out in the House of Gold. Once the deceased had arrived at his tomb, the akhu rituals were performed to bring about his transfiguration The rite consisted of many acts, the opening of the mouth being just one, but central. The first part was the lustration or washing. The deceased’s mummy was first set up on a clean mound of sand, facing south. He should be purified with water poured from nmst and dshrt jars, and his mouth especially purified with balls of natron from Upper and Lower Egypt.

The deceased should then be fumigated by incense. This part of the purification harks back to the Pyramid Texts, such as spells 16-29, where perfume is used. The stm priest should be awakened. After he is dressed in his panther-skin garb. The stm-priest identifies himself with Horus and opens the mouth of the statue with his fingers rather than with the adze.

The ox/bull is butchered and the heart presented to the deceased, its foreleg is severed and pointed towards the deceased. The hieroglyph for foreleg denoted strength, and perhaps it was considered that the foreleg transferred the life-force of the bull to the recipient of the Opening of the mouth (alternately, the bull may have had to do with reviving sexual powers).

Then the mouth is opened with the ntjrwy tool, and the mummy is presented to the son "who loves him." More scenes depict the son coming to the House of Gold, opening the mouth with the mdjdft-tool, and touching the mummy’s mouth with the little finger again.

An ostrich feather is presented, the psh-kef knife is presented, and more aromatics are burned. Grapes and other foods are offered. Then the newly animated mummy is brought to his place. The ceremony is done.

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/open.htm

Mulapin
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm slightly creeped out now.
RiD_mE_oF_mYsElF
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the newly animated mummy, huh?

well, that's just lovely.

Shocked

they're not gonna re-animate me when I kick the bucket, are they?

LeAd Me To ThE cRoSs
Mulapin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: LG-15 is the character I believe in the story line... Reply with quote

LG-15 is the character I believe in the story line...that they are interested in using the ceremony for...and maybe the "Child" within her...wonder about it...or maybe they have to keep the child alive, and use the ceremony of the "Blood" needing to be kept fresh for the baby...surely Bree will survive, but I think it is the "child" now they want....so they can....................

Mulapin
Wink

PS, why would they want you, to re-animate you, are you dying? Surprised

RiD_mE_oF_mYsElF wrote:

Shocked

RiD_mE_oF_mYsElF
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha no I'm not dying... I was adding cute, innocent humor in the hope that you would think i was a better person... Confused *sigh* clearly it didn't work...

LeAd Me To ThE cRoSs
maxomai
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiD_mE_oF_mYsElF wrote:

Shocked

Just consider it a dress rehearsal for the judgement.
Mulapin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiD_mE_oF_mYsElF wrote:
haha no I'm not dying... I was adding cute, innocent humor in the hope that you would think i was a better person... Confused *sigh* clearly it didn't work...

Very Happy
I am sure your a cute, innocent, and humorous person, and though clearly, I am referring to a character of Bree, in reference, smile. I hope your trully are not ill, or dying via your handle, rid me of myself, smile, I wish you long life and godspeed, and Dear angel, I think already, your a better person to me, for saying such in a humorous way...all should laugh more at life!

Mulapin
Laughing
Mulapin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxomai wrote:
RiD_mE_oF_mYsElF wrote:

Shocked

Just consider it a dress rehearsal for the judgement.

Judgement?????????

explain please.

Mulapin Smile
PinkWeeds
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care to read the whole post but I was lead to believe that the link would show corpses having their mouths ripped open and I have been let down. Unless the OP wants to find a link of such pictures for me then I find this whole topic useless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: