Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More stuff in the Box
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Clues and Puzzles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sack36
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: More stuff in the Box Reply with quote

I can't find the thread that has been deciphering the chemical stuff. If one of you mods knows where it is, by all means move this.

Anyway, I found a couple more images from when the box was opened and I thought they may be something more that we could look at.

The writing on the front of the notes looks hand written as an after thought. That may be the missing segment the biochem people were looking for. I don't know ANY biology but I'm always trying to help somehow!
http://2grandmas.com and http://laying8.com
Proud member of the Him of Won and the Humm of Juan
Elizabeth
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at that last night but not that exact page. They held up the injection site drawing with the red X. It talks about and confirms the Epogen injections, with a date corresponding to the completion of the ceremony video October 13, 2006 (i might not be exact I don't have my notes).

But why would her dad be taking notes about the injections that help the order inhance her red blood cell count. I was thinking they were going to take DNA from her blood and create synthetic ribozymes. But that's a common theory.
flychiqk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THe thread is in the "in-character" Beast chat. I posted it there as a message to daniel. If anyone can get a clear shot of that complex of molecules on the right I would REALLY apperciate it!

If that complex of molecules is wht I think it is....then I think I know why brees dad was giving her the epogen.

but I really need a clear shot of those molecules......or at least something a little less fuzzy.

can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

~~FLY
Haether
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flychiqk wrote:
THe thread is in the "in-character" Beast chat. I posted it there as a message to daniel. If anyone can get a clear shot of that complex of molecules on the right I would REALLY apperciate it!

If that complex of molecules is wht I think it is....then I think I know why brees dad was giving her the epogen.

but I really need a clear shot of those molecules......or at least something a little less fuzzy.

can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

~~FLY

in an earlier thread we figured out the first picture (in the Beast thread) was showing the mechanism of hairpin ribozymes.

I'm doing some research, trying to figure out what these additional pictures Sack provided could be.

The last picture seems to say 2' OH...and there are alternative forms of RNA that are 2' --> 5' instead of 3' --> 5'

it is spelled DEFINITELY
learn it, live it, love it.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QtheC and other commenters had those pics figured out that very same night the video came out.

http://employees.csbsju.edu/hjakubowski/classes/ch331/catalysis/olribozymes.htm

QtheC wrote:
It has both the "HAIRPIN RIBOZYME" image and quite possibly the more blurry image seen earlier in the video, also involving "HAIRPIN RIBOZYME" ... it also includes text mentioning something about "subtitution for Nucleophilic 2'-OH" which appears in the notebook.
flychiqk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2'OH? I thought it said R'OH lol....man I hate trying to decipher these frakkin blurry pictures. lol

btw.....I know that some ofthe 2'-5' RNA that is produced is interfureon(sp?) induced. If I rember corectly the 2'-5' RNA activates a ribonuclease that distroys ALL RNA within a cell. Its part of a cells viral defense mechanism....I think the name of the ribonuclease is RNase L....gonna have to double check on that but it might help.

I'm gonna go see if I can find that earlier thread and find out what was discussed. do you know forum it is in?

~~~FLY
flychiqk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yay! I ddin't even see your post up there earlier.... Thanks deagol. Now I can see what has been discussed.....and I don't have to figure out the images in those silly pics!

YAY!

~~~FLY
sack36
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deagol was only pointing out the thread for the earlier pix. These are from a different area and that's why I posted them. The earlier thread only looked at the black and white book, not the loose papers.
flychiqk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I took a look at the earlier thread and they didn't show the pics you have up here now....or at least they didn' go into them.

I don't do very well when it comes to trying to enhance photos so this one is really bothering me. I tried looking at ithe complex of molecules on the right a couple of times today.... I'm not getting anywhere with it....I just can't seem to make out the structures.

Also....I didn't think about this till just now....But I don't think the hairpin ribozyme is something that the higher orders of mammals produce. I could be wrong.....but from what i remember about them from class....I think hairpin ribozymes are produced by viruses, and virusoids....and maybea few plants. I'll do some research on it monday just incase I am incorrect.

....But if that is the case....why are those hairpin reaction mechanisms in the notebook?

Hmmm...Something to chew on

Thanks for you help Sacks!

~~FLY
BlogGirl14
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its friday the 13th, october 13, 2006
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
flychiqk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Blogirl14:

its friday the 13th, october 13, 2006

HUH? Different topic?
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for the redundant post, but it seems like it wasn't clear which diagram I was pointing to in my original post. None of this is new so if you already checked the link on my previous post feel free to skip this.

sack36 wrote:
Deagol was only pointing out the thread for the earlier pix. These are from a different area and that's why I posted them. The earlier thread only looked at the black and white book, not the loose papers.

The post I linked to before and partially quoted did indeed talk about the molecule diagram in the loose paper with a paperclip seen a few seconds before the one in the notebook. I included a link taken from that post that takes you to a web page with text and diagrams where you can see both molecule diagrams, first the one in the notebook, and below that the one in the paperclip page, as well as the hand-written text in the notebook. In the quote I used emphasis in italics to highlight the specific mention of the image in question, and bolded the part that reveals the written text in the notebook. I will quote the whole post here (excluding the embedded image which is not of interest in this thread) highlighting the relevant points in a similar manner. Below that I will embed the relevant diagram from that page, from which I believe the paperclip page diagram is the first one of the three versions shown. I will also include a blowup of the paperclip page, the written text screen cap from the first post in this thread, and a screen cap of what apparently is that same text on the web page where all these images come from (which I also provided a link before) for comparison purposes.

QtheC wrote:
mindinflight wrote:
Hey y'all, if you head over to LG15 Today meepers_anonymous has done some amazing research on what was in the notebook!

Here's the image she found:

[img removed]

Looks a hell of a lot like that screenshot we have! It's called Hairpin Ribozyme Transesterification.

Just thought I'd put that out there.

We did a little more digging, and found this link near the other one:
http://employees.csbsju.edu/hjakubowski/classes/ch331/catalysis/olribozymes.htm

http://employees.csbsju.edu/hjakubowski/classes/ch331/catalysis/HAIRPINRIBO2.gif

It has both the "HAIRPIN RIBOZYME" image and quite possibly the more blurry image seen earlier in the video, also involving "HAIRPIN RIBOZYME" ... it also includes text mentioning something about "subtitution for Nucleophilic 2'-OH" which appears in the notebook.

See screen caps from the video on the LG15 Today blogspot under the video itself http://lg15today.blogspot.com/

Image that possibly includes the molecule diagram in the paperclip page (in my opinion it is the first one of the three variations shown), taken from the same page that has the other diagram we saw in the notebook, as well as the written text (see last image below):

Compare the first one of those three to this image:

Written text in notebook:

Compare to the highlighted text in this screen cap of the apparent source web page:

sack36
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see how the pictures match up, but I don't think the text is the same. Except for the last bit 2'-OH, I don't see any resemblance.

Also, the written text came from the bottom of a page in the notebook, and has no relationship to the diagrams on the loose pages.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sack36 wrote:
Except for the last bit 2'-OH, I don't see any resemblance.

Also, the written text came from the bottom of a page in the notebook, and has no relationship to the diagrams on the loose pages.

You don't see a similarity in the words' lengths? I see a clear three-letter word starting with F.. and then a long word starting in NUC... and ending in ...PHILIC, and then the 2' OH. I've taken a few screencaps at different frames:

The written text does came from the page where the first hairpin ribozyme diagram is shown, right below it. In the linked website, the text appears below that same diagram, as shown in my screencap before, or as you can check yourself by following the link.

Wouldn't you think it would be too much coincidence that both diagrams are exactly the same as in that page, and the text looks so similar, with that long rare word, and the undisputable 2'OH below the first diagram, as in the web page? To me it's pretty clear they based the diagrams and the scribbled notes on this web page, or perhaps on the book which this web page was based on (Rupert, 2002, see the diagram credits in my previous post).
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see ...sroute
But I don't know what that could be.
...stitute could be substitute, which makes far more sense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Clues and Puzzles All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: