Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0210 - "Mr. Park Ranger" [6/11/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alice_Falls
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XDDDDDD

Inigo you are truly FAB-U-LOUS! I lurve the script. Hope the Creators take notice.

Could that still be rated PG-13? I have no idea...but yea, I'd watch that for shizzle!
chevalier
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onsweetavenue wrote:
I think Jonas IS a millionare. I also don't think 3,000 a month is what daniel and Bree need.

They don't eat out. They don't rent lavish hotels often (vegas, once, right) and dine on expensive food. They stay in all sorts of cabins and bunkers and his aunt's house.

Also, are people forgetting that according to the law both his parents are dead? Meaning he got their health insurance policies which could be significant.

I'd say he has about 2 million at least. That's not that much these days, especially in california but if it's invested right it can be a lot.

I'm sure a lot of his money is in a high interest bearing account. If someone was put in charge of managing his trustfund they have an obligaton to do so.

No; not necessarily. The trustee of a trust has a "fiduciary duty" to safeguard the money according to the exact covenants of the trust, which could either let them invest conservatively (=lower rate of return) or more aggresively (=higher potential rate of return.) Interest bearing accounts don't usually have much play in interest rates, especially in today's highly competitive short-term-instrument market.

But this is all moot because your main point is correct; dude's loaded. It's fictional; the creators could make him worth $50 million if they wanted.
suze900
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chevalier,

If he had 1-2 million invested in a balanced fund or a mix of stocks & bonds that earned about 8%/yr overall, wouldn't that give him an income of 6-12,000/month? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Shaneener
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it really matter?

That's the Hymn of One,
singing for you to be happy.
watching_watchers
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a new video. >.<
Hooray for Orange Slurpees!
Go to my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/xshibbiex
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
suze900
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaneener wrote:
Does it really matter?

Nope. Just something to chat about. Some of us are interested in interest Very Happy
chevalier
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suze900 wrote:
Chevalier,

If he had 1-2 million invested in a balanced fund or a mix of stocks & bonds that earned about 8%/yr overall, wouldn't that give him an income of 6-12,000/month? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes; your math is right, and that's a reasonable rate of return. If he didn't retain his earnings he could take out that much.

But this is a digression, even though a correct one--the point is he's loaded, and whether that's one million (and there are more millionaires in the country than one might believe) or five million or fifty million dollars, the point is, hey! plot device, that's where SCOOBY TAAG gets their moolah.
Shaneener
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suze900 wrote:
Shaneener wrote:
Does it really matter?

Nope. Just something to chat about. Some of us are interested in interest Very Happy

Hahahaha!

You made a funny!

x3

That's the Hymn of One,
singing for you to be happy.
lehcarice9
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that script was actually amazing
i was litterally laughing out loud, and then my jaw litterally dropped at the end.

someone has some pent up sexual desires...

tee hee. beastie, im gonna let you out of ur cage. priceless.
onsweetavenue
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="chevalier"]
onsweetavenue wrote:

No; not necessarily. The trustee of a trust has a "fiduciary duty" to safeguard the money according to the exact covenants of the trust, which could either let them invest conservatively (=lower rate of return) or more aggresively (=higher potential rate of return.) Interest bearing accounts don't usually have much play in interest rates, especially in today's highly competitive short-term-instrument market.
HIgh interest doesn't mean stock market, necessarily at least as I meant it, it just means higher then a mere checking bank account.

if the manager of a trust is a lawyer at least around here, you have not only a duty to put things in an interest-bearing account, but a duty to be productive. Meaning it needs to grow by over 1% a year (at least around here). So after subtracting fees and all you'd have to at bear minimum put it in a CD, I believe.

Sure it's fictional but people are acting like it's outrageous or unusual that Jonas could be so rich. It's not, he has two parents that were wealthy and inherited their money and their life insurance I'm sure. I doubt he owes any money on the house, right? Think of what 30 grand would mean if you didn't have to pay rent. That would be awesome. Wink

There are plenty of outrageous and unbeleiveable shit going down in this story and Jonas and his money are the least we should be worrying about. Smile
aideen
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got heaps confused on the first page of this thread. What's this about a scam? I've been off the internet for 4 days, and apparently I've missed something.

Please explain.

"Hi! We're here to take you to Six Flags, little girl. But first we wanna tie you up".
~Jonas [My Lover]

I like funfunfun Wink
chevalier
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aideen wrote:
I got heaps confused on the first page of this thread. What's this about a scam? I've been off the internet for 4 days, and apparently I've missed something.

Please explain.

Some jackass keeps posting fake "new vid" threads.
chevalier
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onsweetavenue wrote:

if the manager of a trust is a lawyer at least around here, you have not only a duty to put things in an interest-bearing account, but a duty to be productive. Meaning it needs to grow by over 1% a year (at least around here). So after subtracting fees and all you'd have to at bear minimum put it in a CD, I believe.

Sure it's fictional but people are acting like it's outrageous or unusual that Jonas could be so rich. It's not, he has two parents that were wealthy and inherited their money and their life insurance I'm sure. I doubt he owes any money on the house, right? Think of what 30 grand would mean if you didn't have to pay rent. That would be awesome. Wink

There are plenty of outrageous and unbeleiveable shit going down in this story and Jonas and his money are the least we should be worrying about. Smile

What constitutes fulfilling a fiduciary duty varies from state to state, and by how the trust agreements are worded. The gist of what you're saying is correct, however.

I say again: there are more millionaires than people. Here's an old article from marketwatch that says there were almost 9 million millionaires in the US in 2005:

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid={1A925213-33C7-4D4A-A4F5-69D0604A0259}&print=1&siteid=mktw

I love how people are incredulous that there might be a wealthy person in the series, but Order? Hymn of One? Magic midichlorians...er....ribozymes? They have no problem.
je_sais_cequisetrame
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord, no more banking talk.

The last video sort of made me want to poke my eyes out.

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE let some miracle occur and let us get a new video before I do something crazy a la Sarahphobia, lol.
BrokenAngel
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI Taylor is in chat

and to stay on subject the vid sucked and no I don't care to elaborate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: