Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In Character Chat, or lack thereof
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haether
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: In Character Chat, or lack thereof Reply with quote

It feels like, from the recent videos, that the Creators don't have much direction right now. However, I'm fairly sure this isn't the case. Well, I hope not.

Maybe hearing more from the characters would help us have faith, or at least reduce the apparent need to provide us with filler videos for a while.

These guys are just sitting around it seems, so why wouldn't they log onto the forum?
We haven't heard from DB since 5/24, Jonas since 6/6, or Sarah since 6/4. Nevermind Bree, who last posted in the beginning of May (her absence is pretty understandable, however)
Taylor posted yesterday, but her post was almost insulting. It felt like a slip from the Creators that they forgot this plot hole.
Quote:
Thanks for reminding me . I took a few days off from looking them over. I'll get back to them right away.

Rolling Eyes

I really do love LG15, but I'm bored. We're stuck in a holding pattern. I am not demanding action, just progress. Please throw us a bone here.

it is spelled DEFINITELY
learn it, live it, love it.
BrightSilence
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, there has been way to little character interaction lately if you ask me. To the point that it's just not realistic anymore. If I were them I'd been checking in on the forums at least once every day. I understand that that might be a bit hard to manage, but more than this must be possible.

The response to my question from taylor was indeed very short and a bit insulting. I took a few days off from looking them over? she must have known at least something about them. Also it seemed that she was active for a very short time, however that could have been because there wasn't much activity anyway at that moment. I Remember talking with Sarah last time for quite a while.

Just adding my thing to this kind reminder that character interaction really adds alot to the fun of lg15.
sack36
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember how excited everyone got when Daniel was drunk in the chat and again when Bree got on?

And every time we hear from one of the characters in forum, tons of people get on and go to that thread.

It's because we haven't anything to do during these times the videos are inane (like the current "I did it on the washing machine by myself" video) or too little too often (like the "getting daniel into shape" and "let's sleep in weird positions and call it research" and the ever popular "I can make you quack like a duck" hypnosis video.)

If you'd let us fill some of the insanely numerous gaps with our research and acknowledge it on video, we'd happily traipse through page after page of Alestair Crowley, Egyptian rites, Zodiac of Denderah and Epogen data. ...if we had any kind of feedback--even negative. ("Thanks for all the work, guys, but I think the Egyptian rites may be a dead end. What do you have on Rhybozomes?") We'd--well, a goodly portion of us--would slow down the hounding and whining to only every weekend or so.
http://2grandmas.com and http://laying8.com
Proud member of the Him of Won and the Humm of Juan
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. I know that I bring this up a lot, but the Creators could take something from the example set by Maddison Atkins. In-character interaction from Maddison was EXTENSIVE and BELIEVABLE, and added to the story in a huge way. And that was all done by one person - with the substantial cast and crew that LG15 boasts, I doubt it would be that hard to integrate in-character forum discussion a bit more.

As it is, it's not really believable in an IG sense - the characters post a puzzle or quandry in the forum every couple weeks or so, get answers, praise the forum effusively, then never come back until the next puzzle.

Haha, come to think of it, I feel used. Laughing
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we get spoiled every so often, and then they stop spoiling at us and we bitch....

I love it.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see more character interaction, however, I do not agree that the story is stalled. There have been a lot of action vids lately, and the story is progressing at a faster pace than it has at any time in the past that I can think of. Some people want to have nothing but action vids, and that is something I would hate. I don't want this series to become "Mission Impossible". I like the filler vids as long as there is a balance between them and the action ones.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
we get spoiled every so often, and then they stop spoiling at us and we bitch....

I love it.

Well, that's the thing about founding a series on internet audience participation...
mindinflight
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longlostposter wrote:
I would love to see more character interaction, however, I do not agree that the story is stalled. There have been a lot of action vids lately, and the story is progressing at a faster pace than it has at any time in the past that I can think of. Some people want to have nothing but action vids, and that is something I would hate. I don't want this series to become "Mission Impossible". I like the filler vids as long as there is a balance between them and the action ones.

Don't expect lightning to strike twice people, but for once, I actually agree with Juli on something.

I seem to be in a minority her in the forums because, despite the abhorrance that most tend to have towards filler vids, I actually enjoy them. Who knew?

Without videos to fill the gaps between action-packed romps, where would the characters get a chance to develop, and grow, and learn new things? I, for one, enjoy every chance we get to hear how Jonas feels like he's losing his mind, or Sarah bemoan her domestic life, or Daniel worry openly about Bree. In my eyes, all action = stiff, unbelievable characters.

We seem to base the entertainment value of a vid a lot on who's being kidnapped/screwed over/manipulated, but I beg to differ: I began watching LG15 because of the people involved, not the daring rescues or Order throwdowns.

People need to lighten up a bit about all of this. There, I've said my piece (please don't attack me for it later on, it took a lot out of me to voice my opinion. I'm terrribly shy...). I'm all for action videos -- the thrills really add life to the discussions down here. But lay off a little on the seemingly "inane" vids. They bring credibility to the characters, which I am also all for.

Smile

Shhhhhh! I'm the OBO of the SSJF. Smile

http://www.bebo.com/mindinflight
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I don't get they had Jonas go in chat and ask for help with Bree and then he also discussed it in the in character chat and said this:
jonastko wrote:
i've read through your posts and suggestions - food, drugs, music, videos, etc. thank you so much for doing this research. it really helps.

so, i came up with a plan for today (remember, i'm in a cabin in the middle of nowhere. my resources are limited)

food - pancakes
drugs - vitamin c
music - beastie boys
videos - the little mermaid

Next thing we see he's making out with her. I don't recall anyone suggesting to bang Bree. What was that all about?

On the one hand I think it's silly because without seeing the character it's hard to maintain a suspension of disbelief. I mean you know you're talking to a writer so it lacks authenticity.

On the other hand I can see where it could be a cool thing. Actors are into their characters so why not let them respond and improvise in character? I don't respond to MySpace and YT comments as any of the Flock girls. They do it themselves. If there is something that might trip them up, they'll ask me or just avoid it. Why not create a supplemental liason character to communicate with the audience via video and give the actor the green light to address comments and questions in character? It's a little risky but the most authentic besides isn't this medium about pushing the envelope of traditional storytelling?
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mindinflight wrote:
Don't expect lightning to strike twice people, but for once, I actually agree with Juli on something.

Heeheehee.

Immortal1, I'm not sure I understand the plan you suggested. Are you saying that this liason would be visible to us?
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

longlostposter wrote:
mindinflight wrote:

Heeheehee.

Immortal1, I'm not sure I understand the plan you suggested. Are you saying that this liason would be visible to us?

Yeah something along the lines of let's say Taylor making a video of her replies to people in her in character section rather than posts. Although wasn't it planned to do in characeter A/V chats? That probably would be even better.
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering what happens when only a couple dozen people get in the LG15 chatroom without even using A/V options, I think that A/V chats will be out of the question.

As far as her making video responses instead of posts goes, though, that might be okay under certain circumstances. I don't think it should be the standard, though, as that would prevent us from having an actual conversation with her.

To be honest, I don't think anyone's suspension of disbelief is hurt by not being able to see Becki when we talk to Taylor, anyway. Everyone understands that it's a forum.
Haether
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mindinflight wrote:
longlostposter wrote:

I seem to be in a minority her in the forums because, despite the abhorrance that most tend to have towards filler vids, I actually enjoy them. Who knew?

Without videos to fill the gaps between action-packed romps, where would the characters get a chance to develop, and grow, and learn new things? I, for one, enjoy every chance we get to hear how Jonas feels like he's losing his mind, or Sarah bemoan her domestic life, or Daniel worry openly about Bree. In my eyes, all action = stiff, unbelievable characters.

We seem to base the entertainment value of a vid a lot on who's being kidnapped/screwed over/manipulated, but I beg to differ: I began watching LG15 because of the people involved, not the daring rescues or Order throwdowns.

People need to lighten up a bit about all of this. There, I've said my piece (please don't attack me for it later on, it took a lot out of me to voice my opinion. I'm terrribly shy...). I'm all for action videos -- the thrills really add life to the discussions down here. But lay off a little on the seemingly "inane" vids. They bring credibility to the characters, which I am also all for.

Smile

I think you're both misunderstanding what I'm saying here. There's action videos (What the F@*?), plot/mystery development videos (opening the box), character videos (Like the early Bree videos), and then there's inane crap videos (Sarah's sex romp video). I'm good with all the first three. They add value to the series. What did I get out of Sarah's video? a bad taste in my mouth.
I just feel like the Creators are giving these videos to us to satisfy us while they work on other things. I'd rather the in character chat.
I'd also really like them to stop cock teasing us with mystery solving information. k thx.

it is spelled DEFINITELY
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haether wrote:
What did I get out of Sarah's video? a bad taste in my mouth.
Literally?
Haether
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

consideration wrote:
Haether wrote:
What did I get out of Sarah's video? a bad taste in my mouth.
Literally?

lol, no....I'm not Daniel

it is spelled DEFINITELY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: