Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This should go without saying...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: This should go without saying... Reply with quote

... but if CiW decides to post a new video that features "Bree's House" or neighborhood, I implore all of you to not participate in any dead drop hunt that might be stationed there. If CiW is associated with the Creators, or if governed by ethical puppet masters, I doubt this will happen; but if it does, please show discretion.
Falls
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Agreed.. Reply with quote

I figured that the next drop would be at the place filmed in 'Who is this?" Where bree looks to be preparing for the ceremony.

But, if she/he DOES film at the house, we've got a stalker, and participating in it by going for the drop could be a VERY bad descision.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: This should go without saying... Reply with quote

twjaniak wrote:
... but if CiW decides to post a new video that features "Bree's House" or neighborhood, I implore all of you to not participate in any dead drop hunt that might be stationed there. If CiW is associated with the Creators, or if governed by ethical puppet masters, I doubt this will happen; but if it does, please show discretion.

More likely scenario is that they'd do a video where Daniel stopped recording his last video, not where he started it. If they did do a drop there, it would be a wasted drop. And seeing as they're watching, they'd already know that and not go there Smile

'mute

edited *twice* for typos!

'vote 'mute in '16!
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: This should go without saying... Reply with quote

twjaniak wrote:

The admins finally posted a message (buried in a thread) saying that the house isn't a part of this. Frankly, they screwed up. After being pretty careful, they went out of their way to show this house, and it was a poor idea/slip. I figured it was a part of the game, frankly, but I guess not.

But do we really need every other message saying "don't go to the house, guys, that's uncool?" Put a sticky at the top of the forum saying "Do not go to the house - it's not part of the game, and tresspassing is illegal" and let's go on. Smile
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hope no one would be that stupid. Everyone here seems pretty chill. If that were my house and I was just inside, minding my own business, and some teenager with a hood on was lurking around in my shrubs, I'd flip my flajacks!! Then I might have to stun him..and not with ice
soma
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The location of that house is no secret - it's the house of one of the three producers, I forget which one, but it was discussed in a major media story a few weeks ago.

I agree totally that people should NOT be going to drops in a residential area on private property. I doubt Cassie would do such a thing, but if she does, then we have a problem on our hands.
DeepBlueRug
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone would have to be an idiot to go up to someone's house for an ARG or anything like that. I don't think they even actually went into it, it looks like it was all staged. They might not even know who's house it is (*never seen said article*).

I would guess a new drop would be at the learning to drive spot, but who knows.
dlruss0216
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it was definitely a mistake to use a private residence in one of these video's. Even if this home is owned by one of the creators, this could still become a nightmare for the neighbors that live by this home.

Also, some one mentioned that this WAS the creators home. That's not confirmed. What was stated in the media interviews was that Bree's bedroom is actually a bedroom in one of the creators homes. That is not to say that the home seen in the vid IS the creators home.

Bree came out of the house as she was leaving, beginning from INSIDE the house. Therefore, either it is a creators home, or someone from the production negotiated with a private resident to use their home in this video. Either way, I'm glad it's not my house Rolling Eyes

Regardless, I highly doubt Cassie would do a dead drop there. That would be a mistake and could cause legal issues potentially, not necessarily for her but for any crazies who don't care about privacy and decide to lurk around someones backyard. Shocked
vertigo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The inside of Bree's room is actually the room of one of the creators....

Maybe I'm giving Cassie too much credit (I do believe she is canon....) but I don't think she would drop something near a house..... he knows there's many of us watching her and willing to do anything to find a clue.

Please Cassie, don't turn the watchers into stalkers!
pcbbc
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dlruss0216 wrote:
Bree came out of the house as she was leaving, beginning from INSIDE the house.
I agree with what everyone is saying here...
But in respect to the above statement, I think you want to watch that particular video again. Embarassed
dlruss0216
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pcbbc wrote:
dlruss0216 wrote:
Bree came out of the house as she was leaving, beginning from INSIDE the house.
I agree with what everyone is saying here...
But in respect to the above statement, I think you want to watch that particular video again. Embarassed

Interesting! That worked like an optical illusion. I could have sworn the door opened and there she was, but no! They cut to her outside the front door.

Now this bothers me even more. I wonder if they found some house that had no one home for the day and just borrowed their driveway, walkway, and front step? The fact that they didn't show Bree inside the house leads me to believe this. If the creators really were allowed to use this house, then it would make sense for Bree to open the door to this woman.

Hmmmm.....I'm going to have to process this one a little further.

Thanks so much for pointing this out.
DeepBlueRug
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to keep harping on this, but I do love me some hypocrisy. I know you all remember the overreaction of *the names that will not be named*, well I feel the creators acted 100 times worse in this case. They were irresponsible with the filming of the house in Daniel's video.

I hate to say this, but I have a feeling Cassie's mention today spells the doom for Cassie in LG15. And I don't mean that in a ghostly/supernatural way, but in a world of lawyers; money, websites, and the art of branding.

Maybe, I'm just being paranoid? I do believe that it will soon become obvious if CIW is canon or not.
toadlguy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there something about web forums that makes people wildly overreact to everything?

People show random houses in TV shows, movies and yes even videos. The Creators or producers or whatever you want to call them acted responsibly when everybody started trying to find the house by having the Admin of this forum tell everyone explicitly that the house has nothing to do with the LG15 script or, I might add, the game. Sheesh.

Last edited by toadlguy on Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeepBlueRug wrote:
Maybe, I'm just being paranoid? I do believe that it will soon become obvious if CIW is canon or not.

I think the Creators tried to make it clear in their reaction to ciw that ciw is not canon and should not be considered part of the LG15 storyline. It's just that we all want it to be!
S is for Summer
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what I think would be interesting.... if Canon!Cassie were kept seperate from CiW, but CiW were also somehow addressed in the storyline at some point. Like maybe Bree could respond to it somehow, like *talks about various things stressing her out*, "And then someone's making these creepy youtube things about me, and I mean. I don't even know what to think about that; like, they went up to where Daniel and I go hiking, and the park and everything... I don't know. I mean, it's one thing having Daniel following me, but this is just so... I don't know."

And then CiWatchers would have their heroine tied into the show, the Creators would have addressed it and put to rest all the question of "Does Cassie = CiW", and it would be a really cool manifestation of this whole interactive media idea.

You know, I think this is the first time I've really been excited about the idea of CiW being somehow tied into LG15.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: