Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Thelema the religion that the book of John warns about?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lost
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Is Thelema the religion that the book of John warns about? Reply with quote

Hi this is my first post (and I hope some of you think that it is a good one)

I am currently taking a class on religion at the college level and I will admit that there is a lot that I don't know. The idea of the class is that we learn and discuss various religions around the world. Recently we started learning about the book of John (Revelations) and the warnings he gives. One of Johns warnings is that a religion / belief structure will form that promises goodness, equality and encourage people to go out and choose their own path. When I learned about this I could not help but think about lonelygirl and Thelema.
I am not trying to say that one religion is right or that one is wrong, but I am interested to know what you all think, since I have yet to bring it up in class.
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, almost everything John the Revelator wrote about pretained to 1st century politics.

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
Alimaria
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in revelations, he's addressing 7 churches and their problems, weither one of thoes churches was spinning towrds thelma or not, I'm not sure... Sorry if this didn't help in the slightest...
Hriliu
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Revelation is nice and simbolic description of the process of raising Kundalini. The term kundalini is from yoga. Yes, Thelema has connected with this, but there is apardox here. The real number in the manuscript was not 666 but 616. At least according to the oldest suvived manuscript Laughing

93 93/93

B.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: