Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roles in the poem - Theories.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falls
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Roles in the poem - Theories. Reply with quote

Thit thread if for the specific purpose of discussing our theories of the roles in the poem, such as The Virgin, The Evil Priest, etc.

I'll start it off with my own.

As I discuss this, remember: Moses PARTED the sea.

My first notion is the more common "Bree/Virgin, Daniel/Beast' theory. Moses would be wither Bree's religion or her father. I don't know who the evil priest in this situatuon would be, though.

Theory number two is that Bree is the Virgin and Cassie is the Beast. Daniel is Moses and arms US(The audience) with the sword to kill Cassie, making us the Evil Priest. (I refer to us as the adience. Theory relies on the speculation of Cassie in Bree. Daniel would chronicle what was happening to Bree through the internet, and beckon us to save her or something.)

Those are just my little thoghts. Please share yours, so that we share speculation.
Evan
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Roles in the poem - Theories. Reply with quote

EvilMuffinz wrote:
Thit thread if for the specific purpose of discussing our theories of the roles in the poem, such as The Virgin, The Evil Priest, etc.

I'll start it off with my own.

As I discuss this, remember: Moses PARTED the sea.

My first notion is the more common "Bree/Virgin, Daniel/Beast' theory. Moses would be wither Bree's religion or her father. I don't know who the evil priest in this situatuon would be, though.

Theory number two is that Bree is the Virgin and Cassie is the Beast. Daniel is Moses and arms US(The audience) with the sword to kill Cassie, making us the Evil Priest. (I refer to us as the adience. Theory relies on the speculation of Cassie in Bree. Daniel would chronicle what was happening to Bree through the internet, and beckon us to save her or something.)

Those are just my little thoghts. Please share yours, so that we share speculation.

Intresting.... My Personal Theory Is

Bree/Virgin Daniel/Beast (Cassie Came Between Them?) Moses Is The "Ceremony" And The Evil Priest Is Crowley

My Apo Approval Rating: 0 Previously: -3
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still holding to my theory that Daniel's going to save Bree and that he's not the evil in this whole thing. So my interpretation (whether it's what Cassie is intending or not) is that Bree's the virgin and the beast is the beast, ie. the devil. The ceremony involves the devil (whether invoking or merely praising), and perhaps would include the virgin suicide, and Daniel's going to save her...
toadlguy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have another interesting theory and this might be a place to post it.

Virgin - Bree or another sacrificial virgin.

Beast - the Biblical Beast (or Satan)

the evil Priest - someone from Bree's religion. He does not come between then in the sense of keeping thenm apart - but facilitating their, um, "connecting".

Cassie, the me who was slain was a friend of Bree's who tried to stop the ceremony - and was slain for her trouble.

I have been having trouble figuring out the tense of this first passage, and this is the only thing that maes sense (to me). The last line clearly suggests that Cassie is dead. (see my other post on this - http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13853&highlight=#13853) Therefore she would have been killed in the past. But the fourth line says "if help again will come to late". Everyone has been assuming this has to do with the first drop. What if this refers to the first time the ceremony was done and Cassie, trying to stop it, was killed. Her astral presence is now back to stop it again with our help.

In this senario, it is possible that Bree knew about this. When Cassie came on the scene she posted "Bree tells lies" from the beginning. Even her comments on the first video might make sense - if the "You're too late" had to do with the previous ceremony (although this is starting to get into wild speculation) It is almost impossible to imagine Bree being part of the baddies (and I don't want to) but that could be the twist.

Also - Cassie may have been Bree's only friend 2 years ago, Daniel is her only friend now.

Just some thoughts, what do you think?

Last edited by toadlguy on Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toadlguy wrote:

I'm with you 100% in these ideas...I've been thinking essentially the exact same thing! Surprised
toadlguy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another possibility that keeps the doe-eyed girl innocent - is that maybe during the previous ceremony she was drugged or otherwise out of it.
Anduviel
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My theory:

Virgin/Beast - obviously Bree and possibly Daniel (90% sure)

moses (it's NOT capitalized!) - Likely Bree's dad

"moses armed the evil priest" - a metaphor for Bree's dad/or possibly someone who is the leader of the cult thing is gonna sacrafice Bree.
- evidence: 1)Bree sacrafices her blood (House Arrest video) 2)She takes iron pills (In the park video)

that's what I have so far...
Falls
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toadlguy wrote:
I have another interesting theory and this might be a place to post it.

Virgin - Bree or another sacrificial virgin.

Beast - the Biblical Beast (or Satan)

the evil Priest - someone from Bree's religion. He does not come between then in the sense of keeping thenm apart - but facilitating their, um, "connecting".

Cassie, the me who was slain was a friend of Bree's who tried to stop the ceremony - and was slain for her trouble.

I have been having trouble figuring out the tense of this first passage, and this is the only thing that maes sense (to me). The last line clearly suggests that Cassie is dead. (see my other post on this - http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13853&highlight=#13853) Therefore she would have been killed in the past. But the fourth line says "if help again will come to late". Everyone has been assuming this has to do with the first drop. What if this refers to the first time the ceremony was done and Cassie, trying to stop it, was killed. Her astral presence is now back to stop it again with our help.

In this senario, it is possible that Bree knew about this. When Cassie came on the scene she posted "Bree tells lies" from the beginning. Even her comments on the first video might make sense - if the "You're too late" had to do with the previous ceremony (although this is starting to get into wild speculation) It is almost impossible to imagine Bree being part of the baddies (and I don't want to) but that could be the twist.

Also - Cassie may have been Bree's only friend 2 years ago, Daniel is her only friend now.

Good thinkig, but conscerning 'Me', we aren't sure if that DIRECTLY refers to Cassie, so it's not definate that it was Cassie whom was slain.
Sephern
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an interesting theory.

Cassie = Virgin
Bree = Priest
Daniel = moses

...Why not? The purest is usually the hero of the story and Cassie does seem to be the hero now that her video said "This is my story now". I don't know, someone might get ideas from the nonsense that comes from my mind.
Falls
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bree could be the Priest, but after the latest video where she mentions Cassie, she seems to be the 'Beast' that drove Cassie, the 'Virgin' away, and between them is their religion. Or, religion could be the evil priest, and Bree could be moses.. Interesting.
Dunneh
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the 'priest' is Lucy? If that's so, then moses could be Bree's Dad; arming the 'priest' by giving her power over Bree?

Or, it's possible the evil priest may mean Crowley but I've no idea how moses would factor in.
toadlguy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilMuffinz wrote:

Good thinkig, but conscerning 'Me', we aren't sure if that DIRECTLY refers to Cassie, so it's not definate that it was Cassie whom was slain.

Who could ME refer to other than Cassie? - the poem, methinks, came from Cassie. Perhaps, one can argue, the killing is metaphorical or given the odd tenses has not happened yet - but I don't get how Me isn't Cassie - explain.

Also I'm not sure there is any reason to think that the poem is "code". There are fairly well understood definitions for these terms. I mean, Moses is Moses.
Farva
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a lot of double-meanings in the Cassie works so far, things that work more way than one and could very well be true in all of them (For example Dear Bye = Be Ready and also Read Bey - An author on ascension)

My synthesized theory:

Cassie, for some reason, is dead. I prefer to think sacrificed in some kind of a bonding ritual that would make her Bree's spiritual guardian, trying to wreck the Crowley ceremony. Thus Moses (as religious influence) comes between Bree and the Beast (trying to stop the ceremony) and arms the evil priest (whichever Christian leader killed Cassie).

"Moses" (aka religion/her father/whatever) also comes between the virgin and the beast (Bree and Danielbeast).

But, in a similar fashion, Cassie (Bree's spiritual guardian) comes between Bree and the Beast insofar as she is trying to protect Bree from Satan. In this case, Moses (Bree's father or a metaphor for religious law) arms the evil priest (whoever will be presiding over the ceremony) to kill Cassie (In the sense that a spiritual guardian who fails to protect their charge is "dead") as well as Bree. If help again comes too late, of course, refers to somebody (us) having the ability to intervene.

The house divided quote has been beaten to death, but I think it can also apply to Cassie and Bree (and potentially Daniel). Somehow, they have to stand together to protect Bree. I'm not sure how they "stand with" Cassie. The ordering of "We win we live we die we share" strikes me as curious. Somehow, Cassie and Bree live and die together. Which would lend credibility to the split-personality theory, but I think of it as a spiritual one-ness.

So there's my $1.05
Falls
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But, how could Cassie be Bree's other persona if she was a seperate person? From the newest video we can presume that this religion frightened Cassie, causing her and Bree to seperate.

'Me' could be anybody - nobody said that Cassie is refering to herself. Maybe 'Me' is Bree, Her former self is the VIrgin and the Beast could be what she fears she'll become. 'Me' can be a standin for anything.
toadlguy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Me is a standin for the writer. Which I think we assume is Cassie.

Me:

1. the nominative singular pronoun, used by a speaker in referring to himself or herself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: