Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Purity Bond.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: The Purity Bond. Reply with quote

Creators:

Okay, I know this may or may not be what you intend. But, no matter, before you go further, I have to beg you to avoid one storyline.

DO NOT: reveal that Bree is now "impure" and no longer qualified for the Ceremony. PLEASE I BEG OF YOU.

If the Purity Bond turns out to be nothing more than sexual abstinence, it will truly ruin the complexity of the plot that you have so far created. There is a great deal of mystery here. And if you make it the obvious answer, you will kill your own story. There has to be more to this whole thing than virginity. Please PLEASE don't make that mistake.

With all due respect,
Loretta
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Loretta, how's it going?
I posted this in the vid thread but figured I'd add it here too. My cut and paste skills are impeccable. Very Happy
trainer101 wrote:
JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
If she's suddenly no good because she lost her fucking virginity I'll be PISSED OFF. The purity bond has been this huge mystery. In my mind it's so much more complex and interesting than freaking virginity. That would be so unbelievably LAME.

I don't think the purity bond ever had anything to do with her virginity. Here is the transcript from "My Difficult Decision" waaaay back in September:
Quote:
Okay, so, I have completely alienated my only friend. (Sniffles) I snuck out again and I met Daniel in the park just like he asked... and he didn't even give me a chance to explain, he just started yelling at me. I told him that I was sorry and I never meant to hurt him but going with my parents was really important especially since they're not going to be at the ceremony. And he flipped out. He said that my religion was getting in the way of... our whatever it is. And he told me that I had to choose between him or my religion. There's no choice. I've been religious my whole life and I've known Daniel for two years. I was so upset when I got home that my parents knew that I'd snuck out. I told them everything. They said that I had violated my purity bond and that I shouldn't be allowed to do the ceremony. I don't think that I'll ever talk to Daniel again. (Bree breaks down for a little while. When she starts talking again, she's more composed and her eyes are clear.) Now... I've got to completely focus on my preparations. I don't want to let my parents down. I think that this will be my last video blog. Anyway...Bye.

Apparently, the whole "purity bond" thing was just a way for them to control her actions and keep her focused on her duty as the chosen one.

Gidget
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing that out. Plus I think we've determined that they want Bree for her ribozymes, not her purity.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gidget wrote:
Thanks for pointing that out. Plus I think we've determined that they want Bree for her ribozymes, not her purity.

Yep. They believe they have something to do with immortality.

Egads! What if Bree is immortal? That means we are stuck with her for eternity.

Yikes!!!
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the immortality theory thing. Go to "Her Religion" and read all my theories there if you're interested in that possibility *cough* CREATORS! Laughing
justsomebody
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the purity bond may be related to keeping her blood pure. I wonder if she drank at the party she snuck out to? Her parents might have meant that she was polluting her blood with alcohol. Of course, the effects of one night wouldn't have been permanent, but they could've felt that she shouldn't do the ceremony because she's not taking her blood's purity serious enough.
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given Bree's comments in Vegas, I think it's doubtful that she drank. It's just not a Bree-like thing, such that I don't think we should really even consider it without it being brought up.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure we would have found out if she had drunk alcohol that night. But I didn't intend to stir speculation in this thread about the Purity Bond as much as I meant to alert the Creators as to what I hope they will NOT turn it into. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: