Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did Bree just make a video vs. calling for help?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samara
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How many rocky areas like that are in CA? I really do not think the scenery will help.

Thousands. Those mountains could be anywhere around here. That's the thing, in Southern California, with all geologic activity we have....I can think of several places that might be. Obviously, the pine trees indicate that she's up in the mountains...but that's not helping much.

Those rocks are a bit unusual, though. However, given the looks of the rocks...I dunno....maybe they're around San Jacinto?
lookinginonyou
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Did Bree just make a video vs. calling for help? Reply with quote

immortal1 wrote:
Ok so she's lost and instead of using her phone to make a call to get help she used it to make a video?

Is it me or does that make absolutely no sense?

Well, in my mind (I've been thinking about this, mulling it over in my mind) it seems to be a subconcious call for help to the Resistance. I was thinking about in movies, people who sacrifice themselves by yelling "GO! RUN!" when they themselves are incapacitated can be pretty convicing, but I've never seen a movie that when someone sacrificed their freedom to get the one who yelled at them to go they got yelled at for getting them. I don't think this is making sense in words, but in my head it is.

Bree: Go on, live your lives. Have lives.
but subconciously she wants them to actually come and get her. She won't say it because it's the noble thing to give herself up, but she wouldn't complain if they rescued her.

That's how I see it. If it's still confusing, I'll try to explain better.
Hayles99
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean...like she's trying to hold on to her last shred of dignity... she's asked for help so many times, she's pulled all her friends into this huge mess, and now she is (yet again) desperate to be saved, but she feels like she isn't worthy, and rather than not ask for help, or not alert them of her situation...she puts the video out there, gives them some hints and gives them a very clear "I'm not asking you to save me" message so when they do save her, it was their choice and she doesn't have to feel even more indebted.
Spades
Owen's Helper

Location: Cassie is watching, and so is everyone else, she's not that special.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samara wrote:
Quote:
How many rocky areas like that are in CA? I really do not think the scenery will help.

Thousands. Those mountains could be anywhere around here. That's the thing, in Southern California, with all geologic activity we have....I can think of several places that might be. Obviously, the pine trees indicate that she's up in the mountains...but that's not helping much.

Those rocks are a bit unusual, though. However, given the looks of the rocks...I dunno....maybe they're around San Jacinto?

What lead you to that place? Not all of us are familiar with that place, could you explain about it, so we are not completely useless?

Ha ha, I wanna do something for once.

Oh, and nice Get Smart av. Last av I'd thought to see here, lol.

Oh ****, forgot about beer.

And I listened to that song, and it sucked. No offense.
Samara
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh, and nice Get Smart av. Last av I'd thought to see here, lol.

Hahah! Thanks!

Anyway, the reason I though about the San Jacinto area...and I could be WAY off here...is the rocks. Here in SoCal, lots of rocks like that are usually found along fault lines. Well, since it's SoCal, that could be anywhere...but those look like large granite rocks. You see a lot of that in the San Jacinto Wilderness, which is not far from Idylwild and Palm Springs.

Of course, you see a lot of granite rock formations all over SoCal...but not all of them are surrounded by pine trees.

At first I thought it might have been the Arch Rock area at Joshua Tree...but that's more desert region, and you've got Joshua trees, not Pine trees. I also though about Granite Mountain at Mojave NP -- desert area with Joshua trees and tumbleweeds.

Also, remember the swimming video? She might also be back up that way, along the east fork of the San Gabriel river. That's the closest location, off the top of my head, but again...the trees....so I kind of doubt that.

So, that leaves me with San Jacinto... particularly I'm thinking San Jacinto Peak...but even that doesn't feel quite right.

As a side note the rocks did sort of remind me of an area I used to go to as a child it's a natural water slide at Dinkey Creek near Shaver Lake in the Sierras. I guess it could this being done up in that area, too...but that's a awfully long drive, and I think the trees are much larger up that way.
Spades
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using GEarth, I saw that there is a lake called Fulmor in that general area. There is a long, winding road that goes right by it though.

If you have Google Earth, type in the San Jacinito Peak and look for Fulmor, you have to be zoomed in a little bit. There is a pic of the lake.
I have no idea if it is the same lake that Jonas found.

Here is the photo: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/483627

Samara
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know Lake Fulmor. It's a small little fishing lake...but that is the general area. The trees are the right type and size, unusual granite formations are nearby, and the sun can be blistering bright as it is in her video.
Spades
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We might have a winner then. I'll look at it again later to get a better idea where everything might be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: