Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT mod discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew is perhaps the best example of "moderators are fans". In fact, and no offense to anyone else, I think HyeMew is perhaps the biggest fan of LG15. Most of the other original forum members and early fans are no longer around or make rare appearances, but Hye is in the thick of things all the time. And as he said, you don't have to always support something to be a fan. When he has voiced his disapproval, I think he's done it out of love for the series and the hopes that the Creators will listen and, if not respond or change, at least take the viewpoint of a very loyal fan.

The question should not be why is HyeMew a moderator. He's been one for quite some time (as his signature now notes). While he may not be as active as some of us, he's done moderator duties. And although there have been times I think he's done something inappropriate for a moderator, I've contacted him, and he's always been willing to listen and change behavior where needed. I should point out that HyeMew is not the only moderator who I've talked to about behavior at one point or another. I, too, have surely said things I shouldn't and gone back and changed my own behavior when/if someone pointed it out.

I agree that moderators should not engage in a public argument with another user. Moderators should take these things to PM, and if there's still a problem, bring it to me. You all know that I'm a proponent of a private conversation rather than a public one that may lead to a flame war. Some of you may not agree, but I think it's the best way things can be resolved civilly... because when things are public, it's easy for others to pile on. And I think everyone can understand how quick one can feel attacked or overwhelmed if people pile on. It's not easy to take.

So no, things were not necessarily conducted in the best way. There's been issues in the past where the guidelines were not followed, but HyeMew has always shown a willingness to take constructive criticism and go back to the guidelines that we have. I appreciate that, and I appreciate his commitment to the series as a fan.

I will stop there, as this post is getting long. Know that I'm absolutely willing to listen to similarly constructive criticism about any moderator. I am not blind in support for any moderator. If action should be taken, it will.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
Especially you Apo, as a former moderator and a leader of the anti-me coalition, how could I have handled things differently to have appeased you?

HyeMew has now amended his previous statements to include this accusation that I am leading a "coalition" against him.

It once again demonstrates his inability to follow the guidelines for moderators. It is also an attack upon my character. Exactly the same behavior that got this topic split in the first place.

He doesn't seem to have learned anything from receiving a warning about this behavior.
HyeMew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apo I'm sick of this constant nit-picking. I didn't amend anything. I was away from the computer for the past hour or so and left shortly after making that post. It always claimed that you were a leader in the anti-me coalition just because, as you once again demonstrated by nit-picking over I don't even know what, you seem to look far and wide for things to criticize me on. I'm saddened you completely ignored what BK said and do not to appear to be as ameanable to sorting this out as I have been.

I'd be happy to take all future problems to private PMs in the future, however Apo YOU must admit your friend LLP was far from private in attacking me first in the Why thread. I'd be happy to say I was wrong in not taking the issue to a fellow moderator instead if LLP can admit that they were wrong in coming out and publically attacking me to begin with. When one makes a public attack, I think they should expect a public retort. I even refrained from making such a public retort first time around, something you give me absolutely no credit for.

Sami I used they and them when referring to LLP because I wasn't sure they were female so I used a neutral, though pluralized, form.
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
Sami I used they and them when referring to LLP because I wasn't sure they were female so I used a neutral, though pluralized, form.

lol, ok
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apo's assessment of this situation seems accurate to me.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
Apo I'm sick of this constant nit-picking.

I'm not surprised. And I'm sick of watching you behave inappropriately.

HyeMew wrote:
I didn't amend anything. I was away from the computer for the past hour or so and left shortly after making that post.

The time you edited the post shows up in the post.

HyeMew wrote:
It always claimed that you were a leader in the anti-me coalition just because, as you once again demonstrated by nit-picking over I don't even know what, you seem to look far and wide for things to criticize me on.

As I copied that section of your post twice in this thread, and the original statement is shown in the copy to be different.

HyeMew wrote:
I'm saddened you completely ignored what BK said and do not to appear to be as ameanable to sorting this out as I have been.

I'm saddened that you have been warned about your behavior here before, yet haven't taken those warnings to heart.

HyeMew wrote:
I'd be happy to take all future problems to private PMs in the future, however Apo YOU must admit your friend LLP was far from private in attacking me first in the Why thread.

Very well. Please begin by taking your issues toward Juli and myself to PM's

HyeMew wrote:
I'd be happy to say I was wrong in not taking the issue to a fellow moderator instead if LLP can admit that they were wrong in coming out and publically attacking me to begin with. When one makes a public attack, I think they should expect a public retort. I even refrained from making such a public retort first time around, something you give me absolutely no credit for.

Then you should have no trouble in my response to your attack on my character. Also, what you are suggesting is that your behavior isn't wrong unless Juli's is. As I mentioned earlier, YOU are supposed to be following the guidelines for moderators. Juli's behavior is a separate issue.
HyeMew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'm saying I was attacked first and didn't find my respond to it (in a far less vitrolic manner) to be out of line. If it was, it is only for the fact I am a moderator and not because of any other of line behavior. Meanwhile you continuously find it important to point out 100 ways I'm wrong and yet haven't gone out of your way to even mention that LLP's original attack on me which started this whole thing was the first wrong to begin with. It makes you look biased.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
Then you should have no trouble in my response to your attack on my character. Also, what you are suggesting is that your behavior isn't wrong unless Juli's is. As I mentioned earlier, YOU are supposed to be following the guidelines for moderators. Juli's behavior is a separate issue.

I should point out that it isn't really appropriate to attack anyone's character. You can attack people's thoughts. You can attack their behavior. But you shouldn't attack a person's character. I think a lot of people have been doing that in this thread.

I don't think it's appropriate to label Apo as a leader in the anti-HyeMew movement. Apo is also a loyal and avid fan of LG15, one who did a great job as a moderator and still remains very active as a fan, and I don't think his comments are based on any personal feelings but rather a sense of frustration and loyalty to the forum. Although I don't agree with the way these issues were aired.
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I forgot HeyMew was a mod still. I guess we post in different parts of the forum now, but I've never really seen a post by him that didn't attack someone in some way. Personal mods should me NEUTRAL when it comes to dealing with other forum members. They can be unhappy with the series, but if they are happy and another member is unhappy they shouldn't attack that forum member for their opinion (granted no one showed but the mods especially). I have a feeling that if a member of the forum was and had been acting in the same manner as I have seen HeyMew do for so long, they would probably be out of here right now.

I've seen lots of other mods around the board, making stickies, saying they split threads, I never see anything like that from him, and I've never seen him end a flame war, usually I see him involved in it. Frankly I agree he shouldn't be a mod anymore, that's MO.

Being passionate isn't wrong, but sometimes a moderator needs to know how to control it. They also need to know when and where and how to express their displeasure. I don't expect the mods to always be "oh the show is so great there is nothing wrong with it". But they should be big enough to not attack other forum members. Really everyone should but it is more important for mods to be that way.

Frankly HeyMew by you not taking it to PM with LLP or calling in another mod when it first happened and waiting for her to make that thread before even bringing it up, makes you seem hateful, vengeful, and gives you a bigger attack on her. There is a fine line being a moderator and you have went way past it for a very long time.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyeMew wrote:
I think its funny that longlostposter is complaining about flamers when they are one themself. Just check out the "Why?" thread in this category in which they attacked me completely unprovoked on page 3.

First of all, this is a completely false assessment of what I said. If you can show me where I complained about being flamed, then please do. I complained about people going to mods about unnecessary things, and then I invited people to flame me...the point being that I don't care what people say about me on these forums. Unfortunately, as always, you seem unable to comprehend the written word.

I call for hyemew's firing as well. I am apalled that a mod would not show more professionalism than he has in dealing with his complaint about me.

Furthermore...

He does not moderate; he only complains about everything about the series. What is it that this guy has on you people? Has he threatened to send everyone viruses, or become involved in a lawsuit? Is he related to someone?
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
TJ Marsh
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
I split this out from LLP's complaint post. There's been a lot of complaints lately. Seems this happens every time people feel there's a lull in the action in the story.

I ask people please, if you feel a moderator is behaving inappropriately, bring it to my attention. I've addressed issues with Apo before, and I will reiterate my position: I stand behind the moderators. Not blindly, mind you. If someone does not follow the guidelines, they will be warned and informed about the problem. When this has been necessary with any mod, they've always been quick to understand, even if they don't agree.

Remember, we are all fans, even the moderators. Sometimes we speak as fans. If you feel a moderator behaves inappropriately, however, contact me. Thanks!

ETA: If you do contact me, please cite examples. Link to posts and explain why you feel something was inappropriate. This would be very helpful. Thanks!

Honestly, Guys, send ur remarks on why u think Hyemew should be removed to Brokenkid on pm here on the forum, lets not make a mess of the forums, Like i told BK privatly lets not damage whats already being damaged.

I Call for a topic lock.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJ Marsh wrote:
Broken Kid wrote:
I split this out from LLP's complaint post. There's been a lot of complaints lately. Seems this happens every time people feel there's a lull in the action in the story.

I ask people please, if you feel a moderator is behaving inappropriately, bring it to my attention. I've addressed issues with Apo before, and I will reiterate my position: I stand behind the moderators. Not blindly, mind you. If someone does not follow the guidelines, they will be warned and informed about the problem. When this has been necessary with any mod, they've always been quick to understand, even if they don't agree.

Remember, we are all fans, even the moderators. Sometimes we speak as fans. If you feel a moderator behaves inappropriately, however, contact me. Thanks!

ETA: If you do contact me, please cite examples. Link to posts and explain why you feel something was inappropriate. This would be very helpful. Thanks!

Honestly, Guys, send ur remarks on why u think Hyemew should be removed to Brokenkid on pm here on the forum, lets not make a mess of the forums, Like i told BK privatly lets not damage whats already being damaged.

I Call for a topic lock.

Unfortunately, TJ, what you suggest has not worked in the past, and I am really at a loss as to why Hyemew has been defended so shamelessly in response to my previous complaints.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also would like to request that this concern be locked, as Broken Kid is obviously fully aware of the issue.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, since everyone has had their say, I agree. A few people have shown they're not willing to abide by my suggestion that such allegations are handled privately so as not to encourage anyone to pile on. Beyond that, LLP, you insinuated blackmail, which is way out of line and inflammatory.

Statements about what HyeMew has done are quite wrong. Of course, folks may not be aware of that, but outright statements that he does nothing but attack are uncalled for.

I've discussed this issue with the people who PM'd me and with HyeMew, and I think things are being handled satisfactorily.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: