Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gemma Crowley
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new FanFic and LG15 Character Interaction forum should solve some of the issues/concerns people had with fanfic characters drifting into the in-character threads. The idea of this new forum is that the LG15 characters will drift into the fanfic realm and interact with the fanfiction, not the other way around. So will there be some confusion about what's canon to the Lonelygirl15 storyline and what's not? Perhaps. But this should allow us to branch into new ways of fanfiction storytelling while keeping those who want to only follow the official storyline a bit more ease in keeping things straight.
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

immortal1 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't GemmaCrowley and company take place in a parallel universe. This allows them to make false claims and get away with it. If this is the case, how can they interact with characters from this universe?

This has always been my confusion as well. If they wish to remain AU they could have thier own AU versions of the characters, provided the creators were ok with this. If they aren't, then they may well need to ignore this set of characters and only use the concepts, organizations and ghosts of this story.
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the main forum page is getting really long with all the subforums now. i appreciate BK trying to accomodate the gemmacrowley stuff, but is it really worthwhile? dunno.
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milo, this idea came from the tippy-tippy top... Let's see how it plays out... It should be...interesting, to say the very least, don't you think? <smile>

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigerlilylynn wrote:
immortal1 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't GemmaCrowley and company take place in a parallel universe. This allows them to make false claims and get away with it. If this is the case, how can they interact with characters from this universe?

This has always been my confusion as well. If they wish to remain AU they could have thier own AU versions of the characters, provided the creators were ok with this. If they aren't, then they may well need to ignore this set of characters and only use the concepts, organizations and ghosts of this story.

If anyone needed an lgpedia entry they do. They must be doing something right- I haven't seen view numbers like that for fan vids. They're up there with Nikki B.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although certainly the impetus for this was the acrowleyorder vids/series, I think this is something that a number of fanfiction developers could take advantage of. (The N3ural N3t has already posted there!)

Think of it this way: before, fanfic developers have been limited to finding their niche in the LG15 universe. That's fine...there's plenty of potential there. But a lot of developers were left unsatisfied when there was no way to play a bigger role in the real series.

Now if developers, like the acrowleyorder developers, spin off their own story, the characters may or may not interact in that alternate universe. This could result in more creative storytelling and new directions, and it might get new fans involved.

It raises some interesting potential, I think. I don't know a lot about comics, but I know that alternate universes have existed there for a long time. Since Lonelygirl15 is now a very established creation, perhaps this is a way to continually spark new excitement in other directions. And certainly the Creators have always said they think fan involvement is a critical part to this medium.

I'm not sure how well it would work, but I'm eager to see! Smile
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chershaytoute wrote:
Milo, this idea came from the tippy-tippy top... Let's see how it plays out... It should be...interesting, to say the very least, don't you think? <smile>

indeed. i'll get the popcorn.
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milowent wrote:
indeed. i'll get the popcorn.

Nah, I've got popcorn to share already, if you'll grab some Milk Duds - they REALLY go well!

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this idea. The in-character sections were a mess due to the gemmacrowley series people, and the potential for canon characters to interact with fan-created characters (albeit hopefully better thought-out ones) is awesome.
Taig
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the tippy-tippy top????? Hey can I go to? Can I see? How come Milo gets all the double whammy top secret info? Huh? No fair!

Can I go to a tippy-tippy-top party too? what shoudl I wear? Alot of clothes make me itchy though....c'mon...seriously...I'll wear colgne and pin my pants so they don't droop.

tippy-tippy-top? does it include tacos? There's a great taco bar called Tippy's Taco Bar here in College Park. Will we meet there? I know one of the guys who works the late shift. He could probably get us a good "deal" if you get my meaning - ya know?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: