Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[SPOILER] Look at what was on LG15 Blogspot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> LG15 in the Press
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bree_is_awesome
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: [SPOILER] Look at what was on LG15 Blogspot Reply with quote

This was on lg15 blogspot,(and i don't know if this goes here or not, but it doesn't can a mod move it to wear it belongs?)

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117967249.html?categoryId=18&cs=1

Quote:
"Lonelygirl15" isn't living up to her name as she makes some new marketing pals.

In an unusual promotional partnership, Neutrogena has inked a deal with the producers of the popular Web series to help market "Lonelygirl15" -- with one of the company's young scientists to join the cast.

Financial terms of the two-month deal were not disclosed, but the move is the latest sign of how marketers are increasingly moving more of their traditional ad dollars away from television and onto the Internet -- and becoming more creative as they do so.

Show's new character, who will make his first appearance Monday and appear in episodes over the next two months, had already been conceived by the show's creators, Miles Beckett and Greg Goodfried, as a 22-year-old scientist who helps the series' lead characters create a serum in order to thwart an evil org known as the Order

He became branded as a Neutrogena staffer after CAA, which reps the Web series and its producers, approached the maker of skin, hair and cosmetics products with the opportunity to tie in with the show.

Neutrogena immediately sparked to "Lonelygirl15," considering that the show specifically attracts teen and twentysomething consumers -- the demo that the company is trying to target with its products.

However, company won't be using the show to push specific products.

Series revolves around 16-year-old Bree, a home-schooled girl who finds herself embroiled in a mystery involving a cult. Character's played by Jessica Lee Rose, who appears alongside Lindsay Lohan in Sony's "I Know Who Killed Me."

"At Neutrogena, we are always searching for innovative ways to reach our core consumer," said Laurent Combredet, group product director for Neutrogena. "Lonelygirl15" is a "perfect demographic fit for Neutrogena. Our collaboration was inspired by the creators' inventive approach to integrating our brand into the storyline of the series in a manner that their fans will appreciate."

Series, which appears on LG15.com and YouTube, bowed last summer and has been viewed more than 50 million times since its launch, becoming one of the few breakout hits online. It regularly attracts around 150,000 viewers per month. On YouTube, episodes can attract up to 300,000; series' page on the site has 95,000 registered subs.

New video installments of the interactive series appear five days a week, running for up to three minutes.

To help increase viewership, Neutrogena will promote the series on its own site, even streaming episodes.

Neutrogena reps are staying creatively hands-off on how its brand appears in the show.

Producers of "Loneygirl15" had already tested the sponsorship waters in January, when it integrated Hershey's Icebreakers Sours gum into an episode.

They're eyeing promo deals as a way to help pay for the show and keep it running; they've received the support of viewers to pull the trigger on such deals.

Show's creators are prepping to launch their next series, "KateModern," which bows in July on social networking site Bebo.com. Project, with its plot and characters based in London, targets auds in the U.K., Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.

My Bebo: http://www.maddemp.bebo.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
betz28
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show's new character, who will make his first appearance Monday and appear in episodes over the next two months, had already been conceived by the show's creators, Miles Beckett and Greg Goodfried, as a 22-year-old scientist who helps the series' lead characters create a serum in order to thwart an evil org known as the Order.

very interesting!!!!! thanks for posting
bree_is_awesome
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your welcome
My Bebo: http://www.maddemp.bebo.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome!! Very Happy

I'm going to move this to LG15 in the Press. Smile
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the Creators nuts? No company hires someone right out of college (22 years old) as a scientist!!!

I hope this character is somewhat believable...
Inigo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

colbertnationgirl wrote:
That's awesome!! Very Happy

I'm going to move this to LG15 in the Press. Smile

No offense but I don't see how this is awesome. Neutrogena? how did they get involved with the order?

And a 22 year old scientist? come on. Is there anyone in this series over the age of 30?
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like product placement, no?
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

colbertnationgirl wrote:
It's like product placement, no?

yes but no at the same time cause they wont be using neutrogena prducts. it wont be like the ice breakers sours from what i understand
Renegade
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baaaaah *tries to unread*

Have you ever heard of a fucking [SPOILER] mark?!?

Every time you score a goal, a starving child in Africa dies.
Inigo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it'sproduct placement I just don't see how they are going to use it without making too obvious.

I mean the TAAG are on a mission fighting the order and rescuing Bree. They don't have time to worry about pimples.
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Libra wrote:
Are the Creators nuts? No company hires someone right out of college (22 years old) as a scientist!!!

I hope this character is somewhat believable...

You can definitely be a technician with just a bachelor's degree - it depends on how strictly you're using the word "scientist."

I guess that it's no less believable than a 16 year old girl who is the star of her soccer team, and somehow manages to find the time to learn how to triangulate cell phone signals and hack into anything that she pleases.
je_sais_cequisetrame
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my mom sent me this because she knows I love LG15 and I was like O_O What? lol, what the hell is this?

So I came on to snoop and see if anyone else found out about it from an in-story standpoint. Eh, it's sort of irritating how the press is alerted about these things and gets a whole little run down for their story before we even know anything about it. I mean, it's sort of rude on the Creators' part, but I guess they have to make money and this is just how publicity goes...! Because, I'm sure people would prefer to learn about it without reading this spoiler sometimes. Just bothersome when forum members read about this stuff in articles.
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg made a statement somewhere saying that if he didn't give away at least a small peice of the plot, then the authors of these articles wouldn't have much to write and they wouldn't put the article in a place that everyone is going to see.

He also claimed that the plot isn't ruined. There are a lot of twists that have not been revealed.

We have to remember that LG15 is a job for a bunch of people now. They need to make money in order to live Smile
LauraBaby88
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

::cough:: POWERBARS! lol... product placement or not, the shw MUST go on!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> LG15 in the Press All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: