Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LUCY
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Others in Bree's Life
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khjq
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: LUCY Reply with quote

Is Lucy brainwashing Bree? What do you think?
Way2Curious
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More than likely, yes.
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems like the obvious conclusion to draw, although I personally hope the creators are going in more of a Heavenly Creatures/Mulholland Drive direction.

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
sparrow
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sfonzarelli wrote:
This seems like the obvious conclusion to draw, although I personally hope the creators are going in more of a Heavenly Creatures/Mulholland Drive direction.

Mulholland Drive?

::shudder:: David Lynch makes my soul hurt.
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparrow wrote:
Sfonzarelli wrote:

Mulholland Drive?

::shudder:: David Lynch makes my soul hurt.

That's OK, I was really only referring to a specific scene in Mulholland Drive. Wink

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Who dat? Reply with quote

In My Helper (lg15 9/29), Bree states:
Quote:
“She's kind of like a counselor.
She knows all about the pressures of the ceremony, and wants
to help. I love having a friend who's a girl…”

It’s interesting that the blond in the video seemed older than “a girl,” but this could just be Bree’s ways of referring to gender and making the distinction between male and female. (My daughters sometimes say, “Mommy is a girl, and Daddy is a boy.”)

The woman in the video seemed to be counseling/helping Bree prepare in Daniel’s rogue video (Who Is This? 9/26) However, I didn’t see many friendly interactions between the two "girls" in his short clips.

Do folks feel that Lucy is the woman we saw in Daniel's video?

She seems to fit as a helper and counselor. However, I didn’t get a warm and fuzzy we’re-galpals-and-we-can-talk-about-anything feeling from what I saw. This could be due to Bree's lack of experience with friends (to date she's made friends with an English dog, some girl named Cassie and the Danielbeast). It could also be that we didn't hear Bree and the woman talk or interact in the car; we only saw what Daniel showed us. And certainly, not all women are warm and fuzzy.

Anyhow, what is the consensus?
gogo

Danielson! Practice your karate moves to help save Bree from the woman in black!
--Paint the fence! Wax on; wax off!
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Who dat? Reply with quote

Another question: Is Lucy the Girl #2 from the original casting call? We've all been assuming that's Cassie. And that casting call did make it sound like Girl #2 was supposed to be around the same age as Girl #1.

Although she clearly looks older, perhaps she's not quite that old. She could be a young 30-ish person (like a young teacher) and be friends with Bree...

gogo wrote:
And certainly, not all women are warm and fuzzy.

They're warm, but not necessarily fuzzy! Smile
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question about Girl #2. I guess we'll have to see some kind of personality emerge from Lucy or the woman in black (I refuse to call her "Hottie McOldster" as I was saving that nickname for myself) if Girl #2 is supposed to be funnier than Girl #1 (who I assume is Bree).

Broken Kid wrote:
Quote:
They're warm, but not necessarily fuzzy!

D'oh! Wink
Farva
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's because I'm cynical but I don't think Lucy is brainwashing Bree. I think she done been brainwashed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, part of that whole seclusion thing. The only thing she's known since birth is this religion. I think she truly is just helping her prepare, her parents could only help so much without knowing everything taking place and all.
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
I agree, part of that whole seclusion thing. The only thing she's known since birth is this religion. I think she truly is just helping her prepare, her parents could only help so much without knowing everything taking place and all.

I agree...I think Bree's religion sucks...and Lucy Sucks...I am not necessarily knocking her whole religion...just the particular brand her parents seem to practice...

Check out my letter to Bree that is posted over in the
What advice would you give Bree Thread in the Bree AKA lonelygirl section for a better understanding of my perspective.

Call to Arms...Or Would That Be Feet? #54
http://one.revver.com/watch/156886/flv/affiliate/28541

There is No Ice Cream in the Champagne Room at the Ceremony #55
http://one.revver.com/watch/166473/flv/affiliate/28541

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
cuseguy85
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Lucy is more of a person to get her back on the right track. I mean it seems pretty clear that she has been brainwashed from an early age, and Daniel seemed to be getting through to her. He was making her question authority and her religion. Lucy is just there to reinforce all the earlier beliefs imo.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cuseguy85 wrote:
I think Lucy is more of a person to get her back on the right track. I mean it seems pretty clear that she has been brainwashed from an early age, and Daniel seemed to be getting through to her. He was making her question authority and her religion. Lucy is just there to reinforce all the earlier beliefs imo.

Sure... it's like when your parents invite the youth minister from church over because you (not you personally, cuseguy) have been taking drugs and having sex or something. The youth minister is there to kind of be your friend and try to get you right on track.

However, Bree does say Lucy is her friend and she's happy to have a new friend, especially one that's a girl. And Lucy will be there at the ceremony. Assuming the woman in the last video is Lucy, this woman is sort of training Bree too. So there's something more sinister there... and I don't like Lucy!

Daniel needs to come in and kick Lucy's ass! Smile
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
cuseguy85 wrote:

Sure... it's like when your parents invite the youth minister from church over because you (not you personally, cuseguy) have been taking drugs and having sex or something. The youth minister is there to kind of be your friend and try to get you right on track.

However, Bree does say Lucy is her friend and she's happy to have a new friend, especially one that's a girl. And Lucy will be there at the ceremony. Assuming the woman in the last video is Lucy, this woman is sort of training Bree too. So there's something more sinister there... and I don't like Lucy!

Daniel needs to come in and kick Lucy's ass! Smile

I agree. I volunteer to come in and play the role of an ex navy seal type to come and wack this whole crazy ass order of Denderah...starting with Lucy...after I let her think she has WOWed me with her wicked sex majick first....then I shoot her.

Call to Arms...Or Would That Be Feet? #54
http://one.revver.com/watch/156886/flv/affiliate/28541

There is No Ice Cream in the Champagne Room at the Ceremony #55
http://one.revver.com/watch/166473/flv/affiliate/28541

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Farva
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though if Lucy is going to be at the ceremony and we think it is tied to the mass that was laid out elsewhere here, I doubt she would be another acolyte (an acolyte training an acolyte doesn't seem right) so that would make her the priestess, right? I think we've just seen our 'bad guy'

Or, cf. my other possible theory about Daniel, that the whole thing is a set-up to test her.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Others in Bree's Life All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: