Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where is LG15 Going?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArgenteumAstrum
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Where is LG15 Going? Reply with quote

Hey Guys -

So I just wanted to see what everyone thought thus far. I have a few ideas as to where the story is heading and my generalized idea of what the Hymn of One's goal is. I'm just curious as to what everyone else thinks.

Like I've said, with the recent introduction of the Gilman's and the research I've done on Spencer's hero...I'm starting to think that the HoO is trying to figure out some way to get it's followers to live forever. The reoccurance of the infinity symbol, the fact that Spencer's hero did research on the origins of human life...I don't know, it all seems odd to me.

What does everyone else think?
truncatedslinky
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, on the comment board, some of the science-minded folk did some research on the diagrams in Bree's dad's notebook, and from what I understood, Bree's genes have some sort of code that keeps your genes from breaking down? You'd need to ask a person named meepers_anonymous to get a good explanation, but I think that's a definite possibility. PLus, I mean, ETERNAL song, and Bree says she'll be happy FOREVER? Those are pretty big terms to be throwing around.
exanimatebylove
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just odd and creepy. I mean who'd want to live FOREVER. Ish. Anyways....I have no idea where the story is going. There are FAR too many open endings. Rolling Eyes

Get lost within the things that make you happy, and you will never be alone...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wordfish
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, just to kind of play devil's advocate here (and i think i'm actually leaning more toward personally agreeing with you than not), don't most religions throw around terms like "eternal" and "forever"? I mean, look at Christianity. "Eternal soul" "live forever in the kingdom of heaven" "and ye shall never perish" and so forth and so on.
garnet
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Ag* the evidence points to HoO scientists trying to create eternal life. This includes:

- Infinity symbol on Epogen box and Wyman website
- question about aging on HoO audition
- reference to Stanley Miller on Spencer Gilman's myspace
- notebook with DNA info

I would also say that based on the bandages which occasionally appear on Bree's arm, the Order has been withdrawing her blood in order to conduct experiments.

There is an irony here. According to Judeo-Christian theology (the story of Adam and Eve), human beings had eternal life in the Garden, but because God gave us Free Will, we chose Knowledge of Good and Evil, and in doing so, were made mortal.

The whole point of that story is to explain that if we lived forever and had everything we wanted, we would all be in la-la-land like Bree, and we wouldn't be able to appreciate the wonderful things around us. By experiencing the depths as well as the heights, we increase the absolute value of our lives. Sarah, right now, is Bree's polar opposite as she apparently revels in sorrow.
Mianess
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garnet wrote:
Yes, Ag* the evidence points to HoO scientists trying to create eternal life. This includes:

- Infinity symbol on Epogen box and Wyman website
- question about aging on HoO audition
- reference to Stanley Miller on Spencer Gilman's myspace
- notebook with DNA info

I would also say that based on the bandages which occasionally appear on Bree's arm, the Order has been withdrawing her blood in order to conduct experiments.

There is an irony here. According to Judeo-Christian theology (the story of Adam and Eve), human beings had eternal life in the Garden, but because God gave us Free Will, we chose Knowledge of Good and Evil, and in doing so, were made mortal.

The whole point of that story is to explain that if we lived forever and had everything we wanted, we would all be in la-la-land like Bree, and we wouldn't be able to appreciate the wonderful things around us. By experiencing the depths as well as the heights, we increase the absolute value of our lives. Sarah, right now, is Bree's polar opposite as she apparently revels in sorrow.

Wow, that was really good, totally agree.
Spades
Owen's Helper

Location: Cassie is watching, and so is everyone else, she's not that special.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eternal life would really suck. Seriously, that kind of takes the whole challenge of life away.

But who says the Order/HoO is going to give this "life" to its followers, instead of just in the higher ranks? I mean, I do not think that Bree has that much blood to give it to everyone.

Oh ****, forgot about beer.

And I listened to that song, and it sucked. No offense.
Mianess
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's so much her giving her blood. I think it's more that they are testing it to see how they can make everyone elses the same....ya know?
Skunkwaffle
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh maybe they made a clone of Bree.

Maybe Jonas & Daniel & Sarah captured the clone instead of the real thing.

Maybe the real Bree is like, chained up in a basement with all kinds of tubes and wires and stuff hooked up to her.
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or in a pod like in the matrix
RoseCrowley
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the fountain of youth

TTT:Granted, but the fairy takes your credit card instead of leaving money and gets like fifty lap dances w/ it.

Mawhahaha!
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mianess
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robtomorrow wrote:

lmao that was clever
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mianess wrote:

lmao that was clever

Smile Thanks, but it isn't mine, it is an illustration I came across for an article about RNA that seemed relevant.

http://www.economist.com/opinion/displaystory.cfm?story_id=9339752
suze900
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys are right, that this has something to do with a life-extending genetic factor that they've bred into Bree. I also think that the Ceremony is going to involve sacrificing Bree, to obtain as much of the "trait" as possible.

In my theory, her adoptive parents had received her as a baby to raise for the order as a potential candidate, and when the time came and she was found to be the "Chosen One," they had gotten attached to her, as parents do, and couldn't go through with giving her up to be sacrificed.

That could be why the Watchers are so careful around her, and why they all seem not to want to hurt her. She's a prize specimen.

This reminds me a bit of the short story "The Lottery", but in an extended form. Also the movie "The Wicker Man", but in this case <spoilers> I don't think they're really after Daniel or Jonas or Sarah or Taylor.

The Wikipedia article on Human Sacrifice is awful to read, but interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: