Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where is LG15 Going?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArgenteumAstrum
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wordfish wrote:
well, just to kind of play devil's advocate here (and i think i'm actually leaning more toward personally agreeing with you than not), don't most religions throw around terms like "eternal" and "forever"? I mean, look at Christianity. "Eternal soul" "live forever in the kingdom of heaven" "and ye shall never perish" and so forth and so on.

I agree...however, Christianity speaks of heaven. HoO disregards the idea of heaven as an "empty [foolish] promise". I don't feel comfortable labeling HoO as a religion, in my mind, religion is normally viewed as a positive thing, going more for the good of humanity. I don't think kidnapping/murder are too good for humanity. In my opinion, HoO is a cult.

All signs point to it being a cult:

brain washing
wearing all white
general CRAZIES!

Just my opinon.
ArgenteumAstrum
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suze900 wrote:
I think you guys are right, that this has something to do with a life-extending genetic factor that they've bred into Bree. I also think that the Ceremony is going to involve sacrificing Bree, to obtain as much of the "trait" as possible.

In my theory, her adoptive parents had received her as a baby to raise for the order as a potential candidate, and when the time came and she was found to be the "Chosen One," they had gotten attached to her, as parents do, and couldn't go through with giving her up to be sacrificed.

That could be why the Watchers are so careful around her, and why they all seem not to want to hurt her. She's a prize specimen.

This reminds me a bit of the short story "The Lottery", but in an extended form. Also the movie "The Wicker Man", but in this case <spoilers> I don't think they're really after Daniel or Jonas or Sarah or Taylor.

The Wikipedia article on Human Sacrifice is awful to read, but interesting.

With the idea [and your probably right] that she was discovered to be this special DNA trait holding infant, it raises the question that, if this WAS infact discovered at birth, it's possible that gyneocologists are totally in the Order.
Who is the one that delivers the baby? Who is the one that does all those tests at birth? [the OBGYN]
Ladies...guard your vaginas! [haha!]
suze900
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Who is the one that delivers the baby? Who is the one that does all those tests at birth? [the OBGYN]
Ladies...guard your vaginas!

Actually, I've worked on a hospital OB-Gyn floor, and in a newborn nursery, and the lab does the tests. The doctor orders them, but it would be theoretically possible for someone in the lab to do a test on a baby without the doctor even knowing, especially if they were in cahoots with a nurse or two.

Last edited by suze900 on Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArgenteumAstrum
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suze900 wrote:

Actually, I've worked on a hospital OB-Gyn floor, and in a newborn nursery, and the lab does the tests. The doctor orders them, but it would be theoretically possible for someone in the lab to do a test on a baby without the doctor even knowing, especially if they were in cahoots with a nurse or two.

gotcha...you get my point though. obviously, the hospital [dr.s/nurses..ext] she was born at, is/was HoO affiliated.
suze900
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
gotcha...you get my point though. obviously, the hospital [dr.s/nurses..ext] she was born at, is/was HoO affiliated.

Yes, or it could have been a regular hospital that had 1-3 Order employees who were working on this project of testing newborns for the trait.
Spades
Owen's Helper

Location: Cassie is watching, and so is everyone else, she's not that special.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or perhaps she was born into the HoO already, but lost those parents and was adopted later (for whatever reason). Then she could have been taken from the hospital straight to whoever does the testing.

Just a random idea, I do not think there is much to it.

Oh ****, forgot about beer.

And I listened to that song, and it sucked. No offense.
garnet
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe . . . she wasn't born at all *gasp!*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: