Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New-bee???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think that the word new-bee is over used?
Yes
44%
 44%  [ 11 ]
No
56%
 56%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 25

LauraBaby88
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: New-bee??? Reply with quote

I have noticed that if you havent been here since the begining that basically it's hard to find your spot. A lot of the people on here are being a bit ridiculous with the term new-bee. It seems like if your new they automatically assume your ignorant, and don't know anything about the series. I've been watching for 3 or 4 months. I watched from the beginning. I watched EVERY vid I could find, including non canon vids. I know a lot about the series, but still.... I'm considered a new-bee. Will I ever be an oldie? (lol). It's frusturating in chat when you ACTUALLY talk about LG15 & people are like OHHHHH a NEW-BEE!!! No, I'm not that new, but chat IS for talking about LG15 am I wrong?? anyway, thats my rant. what do yall think?? Evil or Very Mad
LauraBaby88
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way... don't get me wrong, a lot of people are really welcoming and I appreciate that!
silverblue
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean "newbie"?
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rarely go in the official chat myself, and I never look at the comments on the main page, so I don't know how it goes in either area, but I think on the forum everyone is generally welcoming of new people and tends not to assume anything of their intelligence or familiarity with the series.

Hope you have better experiences here at least. Welcome to the forum.
modelmotion
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: new people Reply with quote

Every new person is welcomed on comments.....generally with a nice meep added.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lg15 chat is sure forchating about LG15, but it is also a way for people to communicate and be like "Hey guess what I did last niight!" And usually if people are on that track, it's hard to get some LG15 attention, especially for what I remember, they don't really care about the "puzzles."
Every so often though there would be discussions about it, and LGS was the perfect guy to do that, but he sadly left (*cries*).
If you really want to stick to LG topics, stick to the forum.

If you want to chat, May I suggest coming into the IRC chat room ( go to http://java.freenode.com and in the room section type #Hymnofone ). We will easily get on the topic of plot and puzzles.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: New-bee??? Reply with quote

LauraBaby88 wrote:
I have noticed that if you havent been here since the begining that basically it's hard to find your spot. A lot of the people on here are being a bit ridiculous with the term new-bee. It seems like if your new they automatically assume your ignorant, and don't know anything about the series. I've been watching for 3 or 4 months.

I understand what you are going through - and in my opinion it was harder earlier. I came around November, and there were some people at that time who were really harsh. I saw alot of "Noobs" get run out. Since then, however, alot of changes have been implemented on the forum - P. Monkeys Playhouse, and the New to LG15? Welcoming section. We have ambassadors now too, who keep an eye out and try to help people feel welcome. New people are coming all the time, so even though there are many of us who have been around since close to the beginning, there are just as many, if not more who are just starting to post on LG15.

I think its' natural (and even healthy) for people to question who you are on the internet until they get to know you. The best way I have found to overcome this is to simply start posting in areas you are interested in. It doesn't take long for people to begin to recognize you and welcome what you have to contribute.
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is this a consern? .. Or complain?
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sami wrote:

I kinda agree Sami, through frustration is reasonable... I'm gonna go with be patient? Not much anyone can do to change the entire forum attitude by attempt to make a concious attitude not to participate.
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
Aerrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.o I just joined this month, have close to 1000 posts and no one has called me a newbie.. Cool

-Buddha
LauraBaby88
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle wrote:
Sami wrote:

I kinda agree Sami, through frustration is reasonable... I'm gonna go with be patient? Not much anyone can do to change the entire forum attitude by attempt to make a concious attitude not to participate.
Well, It is a complanit. Not to the creators, not to the characters, but to the users. It's just frusturating. Anyway, I do appreciate what a lot of yall said. I may have over reacted, but I was annoyed, and I felt like I was being made fun of. I want to participate in the forum, and the complaint is mostly about people in the chat anyway...
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LauraBaby88 wrote:
Danielle wrote:
Sami wrote:

Well, It is a complanit. Not to the creators, not to the characters, but to the users. It's just frusturating. Anyway, I do appreciate what a lot of yall said. I may have over reacted, but I was annoyed, and I felt like I was being made fun of. I want to participate in the forum, and the complaint is mostly about people in the chat anyway...

Newbie is not a bad word... It's not like they call you an idiot or anything
Aerrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I use noob/newbie to make in fun of people.. But I usually only use it on Halo, lol..

-Buddha
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that I had a great newbie experience. It helped that I had lurked the forums since almost the beginning of the series, I guess. But people were so nice and considerate to me. If I threw out a random theory, no one shouted "GTFO NOOB!" or anything like that.

I hear a lot of things about how these forums are clique-ish, elitist, full of people ready to flame you in a second, and mods who abuse their powers. I just can't agree with any of that. People can have bouts of rudeness, but that's going to be everywhere you go. I've always felt welcome in these forums, and it surprises me that others don't.

Of course, this only applies to the forum. I don't hang out in the comments section or in chat.
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

consideration, me too. You have no idea how mean people on other forum has been about my english skills
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: