Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I will now sit here and stare blankly at my computer all day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laurin_B
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: I will now sit here and stare blankly at my computer all day Reply with quote

Waiting for a new video to happen.

I guess this is more a rant than a concern or complaint, and I'm not really sure where else to post it. I'm all for capitalism, and I think the Creatrons should make as much money as possible (while still preserving the Breeniverse as much as possible), but I really wish that Vanity Fair hadn't posted so many details about this week's videos, in particular that there's a video on Monday. I know, I know, petty--but I have some time to kill till the new video is posted. Smile

I have to say, though, I'm very proud of the forum. There was minimal amount of whining this weekend about having to wait until Monday. I guess it helped that we got Spencer Gilman. I am glad that we got something to chew on over the weekend.

So, I guess, in the end, it's not really all that rant-a-rific. I just wish there was a better way to balance gaining publicity with preserving some of the mystery and excitement surrounding video releases. Please?
bebo.com/LaurinB myspace.com/laurin_b
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea we've had this rant before when Kat McPhee was on the show.
They mistakenly allowed the mag to print some details about the video about a week in advanced and a lot of people were pretty, upset including me.

I figured the guys would have learned from that big blow up, but I guess not.

Unfortunately for them, the ammount of press that they have done, they haven't learned a lot about keeping things secret yet. As an entertainment journalist myself, I can honestly say that they are playing a touchy game with their fans allowing information like that out in the press. It, in the end becomes a game of "what spoiler did the writers give out this week?"

Spoilers are great with certain shows, however with a show that is absed on 2minute episodes, it's like giving away the whole episode, like the kat mcphee situation. there was no point in watching it after reading the mag article, because the whole video was discribed basically ther (Kat macphee was on and they played one of her songs. whoop-ie-dah).

It surprised me how Greg's wife is a employee of CAA, and they don't know how to handle press profitably yet. Sure they grew in numbers after the outting, but how can their build a bigger fan base by introducing new things into the press OTHER then spoilers. It just....mind boggling how they haven't learned this yet.

Trust me, after a while you'll learn that the creators are one big mind boggling situation, and rarely is it in a good way.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Laurin_B
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You what, though? I have to admit, while I'm definitely no fan of Kathryn McPhee or American Idol, I read the blurb for the episode she was going to be in, and that's why I started watching. Before that, I had seen the Law & Order episode parodying LG, and I thought it was an interesting concept, but not enough to entice me.

I mean, I understand it's hard to balance not wanting to give away too much and wanting to draw in more viewers, but . . . I mean, it had to be enough to just say, "We've done a deal with Neutrogena and a new character will pop up soon who will be affiliated." I mean, I definitely did not want to know that he would appear in today's video and that he will be whipping up some magical serum. It's also difficult to justify because there was no spoiler alert to the article/blurb. I mean, I know VF is a classy publication, and not all geeky enough to post spoiler alerts, but it would have been nice. And I can only assume that the wonderful forumites would have necessarily spoiler-alerted all posts pertaining to such information. Is that too much to ask? No, I don't think so.

And great point about CAA--you would think that at some point the Creators would have picked up some of these skills, particularly since this has been an issue before.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yea definitely. It is something to consider if they've done it before, and seen the reaction people gave.
I mean, you are right it is one thing to say "yea we've inked a deal and they will be featured in our show for a period of time soon." It's a whole different story saying "Yea we created this character for neutrogena. he's a scientist. He makes his debut on Monday June 25th. He is going .... " Like while i understand WHY they are doing it, there are BETTER ways of doing it, without ruining the element of "SURPRISE" for the fans.

They need press people (/me pokes greg) that knows what they are doing (/me pokes greg some more) that can easily speak with the press, as a fan with a fan mind, that won't give away too much.

either that or they need guidelines

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Laurin_B
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. You get my vote.
silverblue
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurin_B wrote:
I mean, I definitely did not want to know that he would appear in today's video and that he will be whipping up some magical serum.

I'm quite annoyed about being spoiled on this too, but I learned about it all from LG15 blogspot... where everything was given away in a headline with no spoiler warning.

Grrrr. Mad
Aponi
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silverblue wrote:
Laurin_B wrote:
I mean, I definitely did not want to know that he would appear in today's video and that he will be whipping up some magical serum.

I'm quite annoyed about being spoiled on this too, but I learned about it all from LG15 blogspot... where everything was given away in a headline with no spoiler warning.

Grrrr. Mad

Yeah, I think that's where most people read it. And not to knock the blogspot, but they should have made a 'cut' (hid the info in a link) with the spoiler warning. Personally, I wasn't that mad about it. A little spoiler action beats the huge plot hole and constant 'omfg tachy, brother, gemma lives!' posts and threads.
But Creators, I love you guys!
....now to kill time till the 'monday' vid XD
My LG15 Vid
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: I will now sit here and stare blankly at my computer all Reply with quote

Laurin_B wrote:
Waiting for a new video to happen.

I guess this is more a rant than a concern or complaint, and I'm not really sure where else to post it. I'm all for capitalism, and I think the Creatrons should make as much money as possible

Just donate (if you haven't already)
HyeMew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never thought that things like the Kat McPhee reveal were such big deals. I mean is the degree of pleasure you get from, for example, seeing Kat on screen in her one-time apperance so great that knowing about it ahead of time completely destroys everything? The Creators got a whole lot of publicity by revealing she'd be on the show as Random Girl and I think the benefit of that far outweighs the small degree of surprise one would get from not knowing. Same goes for Neutrogena guy, I don't think it's a huge spoiler and was made ahead of time for the sake of getting the word out about the show which should be the most important thing when done properly.
Samara
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys don't want to know what happens...don't read the articles.

Just sayin'.

I don't think any of it has been really all that spoilerific. If anything, it helps build up anticipation....and it's about f-ing time we get some plot development .

Spoil away, I say.
Laurin_B
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not about the spoiler, it's about the exactness of the spoiler. I mean, they've virtually given away every plotpoint of this arc. Spencer's going to create a serum to fight the Order. That part of the story alone could have taken a couple of weeks to develop, but now, thanks to the articles and such, we know about it five minutes.
And I really don't have a problem spoilers in general. I avoid them because I like the surprise, but this one couldn't be avoided because people started talking about it practically every forum with no warnings about spoiler-information being involved in said post.
I don't mind knowing that there's going to be some guy in some way affiliated with Neutrogena featured in upcoming LG episodes--I mind that I now know a good amount of what's going to happen with this guy as related to LG15.
Samara
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling that we really don't know all that much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: