Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why Should We Trust Anything? (Anything goes thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twjaniak wrote:
dlruss0216 wrote:

You're right T. She didn't denounce the tarot card clue that was found in the swimming hole. BUT, people on this forum have suggested that this clue was jacked and it wasn't the true clue that Cassie left. Not sure why they thought that, especially since Cassie never commented on the Tarot card once it was found.

I'm sorry but this isn't correct either. She did comment on the Tarot card. She said. "You're too late. I don't play cards. I hate you all".

I don't see how that translates to "the tarot card is a fake clue"

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twjaniak wrote:
I'm sorry but this isn't correct either. She did comment on the Tarot card. She said. "You're too late. I don't play cards. I hate you all".

This one's always bothered me. It was the very first clue! If we're correct in assuming her message means someone got there first and took the real clue, how does that effect everything else we assume so far? What if we're on the wrong track because that clue is lost. Or what if there's someone else who has the real first clue.....
dlruss0216
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
twjaniak wrote:

This one's always bothered me. It was the very first clue! If we're correct in assuming her message means someone got there first and took the real clue, how does that effect everything else we assume so far? What if we're on the wrong track because that clue is lost. Or what if there's someone else who has the real first clue.....

If we assume that the tarot card was NOT cassie's clue, then obviously we'll never know what the true clue was. I think since clues have come out since then, that she's communicated by now whatever she would have wanted to communicate with this first clue.

If we assume that the tarot card WAS cassie's clue, then remember it was the Judgement card. I forget now where we went with that clue. So quickly we headed on to the next clue which also lead us essentially no where (i.e. the phone number was worthless).

BTW, I'm the mother to 6 year old twins, and therefore I suffer from "Twin Mommy Syndrome" which is the immediate lose of brain cells and memory capacity upon birth (among other things like "perkiness", I'll leave it at that!), with subsequent loss throughout the next 18 years. Wink

Last edited by dlruss0216 on Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dlruss0216 wrote:
You're right T. She didn't denounce the tarot card clue that was found in the swimming hole. BUT, people on this forum have suggested that this clue was jacked and it wasn't the true clue that Cassie left. Not sure why they thought that, especially since Cassie never commented on the Tarot card once it was found. And you're 100% right about the phone being jacked, NOT the bible page.

She changed the description of the video to "TOO SLOW I DON'T PLAY CARDS YOU ALL FAILED I HATE YOU," which many (most?) agree means that someone jacked the clue.

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wintermute wrote:
dlruss0216 wrote:
You're right T. She didn't denounce the tarot card clue that was found in the swimming hole. BUT, people on this forum have suggested that this clue was jacked and it wasn't the true clue that Cassie left. Not sure why they thought that, especially since Cassie never commented on the Tarot card once it was found. And you're 100% right about the phone being jacked, NOT the bible page.

She changed the description of the video to "TOO SLOW I DON'T PLAY CARDS YOU ALL FAILED I HATE YOU," which many (most?) agree means that someone jacked the clue.

'mute

But why is everyone assuming that?

Personally, I find the idea of gamejackers pretty silly. We've all seen the copy-cat videos, and I honestly don't have any faith in any actual "gamejackers" in producing anything as professional as what we've seen that's allegedly gamejacked. Is there even a precedent for "gamejacking"? Has it happened before?

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
sc
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dlruss, i called that preggo-brain while i was pregnant, but then figured out it was just general mommy-brain... it never ends! Crying or Very sad HOWEVER, the perkiness might! Very Happy
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sfonzarelli wrote:
Is there even a precedent for "gamejacking"? Has it happened before?

No clue... I heard about ARGs quite literally DAYS before the first CiW video. I guess I'm just trusting the veteran ARG players when they say they think it was jacked...

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
toadlguy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I am not an ARGer, I talked with and communicated on the forum with a bunch of the group from UnFiction at the time of all this and they say it happens fairly often. I can easily see the attraction to hacker types (they want it all to be about them). Also the fact that LG15 did not say they were part of it may have led to a bit of afree for all.

The thing that seems to be missed is, why would Cassie want to confuse us about the first clue? It just hurt the game.

I kind of suspect that someone found the original and is now trying to use the clue - but CiW has now passed them by and moved on.
randomtrickpony
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wintermute wrote:
Sfonzarelli wrote:
Is there even a precedent for "gamejacking"? Has it happened before?

No clue... I heard about ARGs quite literally DAYS before the first CiW video. I guess I'm just trusting the veteran ARG players when they say they think it was jacked...

'mute

Yes, having participated in several ARG games before I can say for a fact it can, and does, happen. It's like computer hacking, someone always wants to spoil the fun.

However, having experience with some drops...the whole first drop issue has always bothered me. I watched the vid of Cu Roi...and I've always felt like my gut told me it seemd legit. Does that make it so? Who knows. But something's felt a little off to me...can't put my finger on it though.

It has begun! 0 more days till zero hour...ding dong the Bree is dead?
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: what now? Reply with quote

I just got through reading this thread.
I have only one question:
Where does this leave us now?

(Notice how I used we. We are a we. Let's try to remain that way. We don't all have to agree. However, we should never rudely shoot down people's ideas or posture as if this is real and can somehow pay our bills, cloth our children or change the fate of the world. This is really interesting and fun. I am amazed by some of the insightful comments made here. I am intrigued by the thoughtful theories -even if they're wrong. I enjoy the camaraderie and focus of a bunch of people with strange, strange usernames whom I have never met in person.)

But I digress:

wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: what now? Reply with quote

gogo wrote:

Still .-- .- .. -ing on Oct 1?

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.-- .- .. -ing, indeed.
Just two days away.
Farva
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My take on it:

Somebody got the clue. Is sitting on it for themselves or bungled it altogether. I'm thinking Cassie is saying somebody has the clue but isn't sharing. Hence the "house divided" reference.

But. It could be that she was simply poking fun at twj's reference to her "tipping the cards"

Though that makes it a lot less conspiracy-esque.
Kelrast
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the "gamejacking" is actually part of the story.

The first clue was very wet, indicating that it had been in the water for days. Only three days elapsed between Cassie's video and Cu Roi's.

The voicemail was jacked several times in ways that seemed to advance the story, and Cassie was slow to shut it down.

If Cassie tried to help Bree, but was stopped, wouldn't it make sense that Cassie's attempts to help us were similarly stopped?

There is another player in this drama, and she is now between Bree and Daniel.
randomtrickpony
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelrast wrote:
I think the "gamejacking" is actually part of the story.

The first clue was very wet, indicating that it had been in the water for days. Only three days elapsed between Cassie's video and Cu Roi's.

The voicemail was jacked several times in ways that seemed to advance the story, and Cassie was slow to shut it down.

If Cassie tried to help Bree, but was stopped, wouldn't it make sense that Cassie's attempts to help us were similarly stopped?

There is another player in this drama, and she is now between Bree and Daniel.

You make valid points...I agree. But I certainly hope that we can save Bree...unless the creator's whole idea is to see us watch in mute horror as something is done to Bree...while we can do nothing even AFTER we tried so hard.

That would just suck.

It has begun! 0 more days till zero hour...ding dong the Bree is dead?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: