Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why Should We Trust Anything? (Anything goes thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dVant
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelrast wrote:
I think the "gamejacking" is actually part of the story.

The first clue was very wet, indicating that it had been in the water for days. Only three days elapsed between Cassie's video and Cu Roi's.

The voicemail was jacked several times in ways that seemed to advance the story, and Cassie was slow to shut it down.

If Cassie tried to help Bree, but was stopped, wouldn't it make sense that Cassie's attempts to help us were similarly stopped?

There is another player in this drama, and she is now between Bree and Daniel.

It was very wet?! Like, it would have been less wet if it was in the water for fewer days???

Looking at the original dead drop video, the still of the bag seems to have a different shape but still bulky. It just occured to me... maybe the box was included in the bag with the original clue, but the clue itself was gamejacked and replaced with the tarot. This could explain why Cassie's response was vague.

BTW, I recall you were the one to solve the original anagram. Are you an insider? Are you cassieiswatching? Should we take your suggestion literally that another player will be introduced to CiW, or are you just making an observation that a gamejacker exists?
toadlguy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dVant wrote:

Looking at the original dead drop video, the still of the bag seems to have a different shape but still bulky. It just occured to me... maybe the box was included in the bag with the original clue, but the clue itself was gamejacked and replaced with the tarot. This could explain why Cassie's response was vague.

Or we are dealing with two entities here - one trying to help us and one trying to foil us. The one foiling us replaced the contents of the bag - but wanted us to think it came from Cassie. And that entity is the same one who is coming between Daniel and Bree. Lucy?

dVant wrote:

BTW, I recall you were the one to solve the original anagram. Are you an insider? Are you cassieiswatching? Should we take your suggestion literally that another player will be introduced to CiW, or is that just your opinion?

I doubt you will get a direct response, Kelrast doesn't seem to stay online.

But what is that very wet stuff - I mean soaked is soaked. CU did say that the hinges looked rusted though, as if it had been in the water for awhile.

He was just here (on the forum) and may be checking his clue agian.
dVant
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toadlguy wrote:
dVant wrote:

Or we are dealing with two entities here - one trying to help us and one trying to foil us. The one foiling us replaced the contents of the bag - but wanted us to think it came from Cassie. And that entity is the same one who is coming between Daniel and Bree. Lucy?

dVant wrote:

BTW, I recall you were the one to solve the original anagram. Are you an insider? Are you cassieiswatching? Should we take your suggestion literally that another player will be introduced to CiW, or is that just your opinion?

I doubt you will get a direct response, Kelrast doesn't seem to stay online.

But what is that very wet stuff - I mean soaked is soaked. CU did say that the hinges looked rusted though, as if it had been in the water for awhile.

He was just here (on the forum) and may be checking his clue agian.

Air and water is required for rust, which supports both the theory of the original clue being gamejacked and my theory that the box was originally included in the bag. Hence, the box being submerged and resurfaced prior to Cu Roi finding it caused rust. Very Happy
toadlguy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dVant wrote:

Air and water is required for rust, which supports both the theory of the original clue being gamejacked and my theory that the box was originally included in the bag. Hence, the box being submerged and resurfaced resulted in rust. Very Happy

Actually, Oxygen and water are required for rust - there is oxygen in water - particularly in a stream - and things rust in water all the time.
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Actually, Oxygen and water are required for rust - there is oxygen in water - particularly in a stream - and things rust in water all the time.

Yeah! Let's hear it for biology nerds!

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
Cu_Roi
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus the quality of the metal would have made it rust very easily. The hinges aren't galvanized and very thin. It wouldn't have needed much time in the water for the rust to form...depending on the alkaline content of the water.

The Casket had been placed inside a ziplock bag...but there's no way of knowing how quickly the seal failed, but I would assume it happened very quickly. I'm glad too, since it gave the Casket more character. Smile

Edit:

I'd guess it had been in the water since the previous day...if I had to venture a guess.
"Death, in the strict sense, cannot be defined, for whatever predicate we, the living, attribute to it necessarily belongs to Life. This means that Death, as a category, behaves in a manner indistinguishable from the Infinite, and from God."
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelrast wrote:

The first clue was very wet, indicating that it had been in the water for days. Only three days elapsed between Cassie's video and Cu Roi's.

The voicemail was jacked several times in ways that seemed to advance the story, and Cassie was slow to shut it down.

If Cassie tried to help Bree, but was stopped, wouldn't it make sense that Cassie's attempts to help us were similarly stopped?

I think Kelrast may be on to something here, guys. Very Happy

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
brandoblues
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

basically what the heck has happened since ciw has started?

a clue in the water that led nowhere

a clue to a phone number that led nowhere

a clue of a poem that leads to october 1st?

this is going nowhere anymore

weeks of it, going nowhere

anyone else frustrated at it all?
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have long suspected that the game jacking may have been intentional on the part of the PM behind CiW, but not Cassieiswatching herself. I think there is an important distinction there.
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelrast wrote:

They simply forgot to seal the bag, because he/she was probably in a hurry to steal the clue and replace the drop. I'm certain they didn't want to be caught in the act. This also explains the huge difference in the positions of the clue from where it was originally dropped to where it was found.

Quote:

How did it advance the story? Please elaborate.

Quote:

Where did you see that Cassie tried to help Bree and was stopped?

Quote:

You mean Lucy?
[04:03] <lyriclyinclined> with the exception of a bad apple pucker incident
Hodabes
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If gamejacking wasn't a part of the CiW story, there wouldn't be much of a story there yet at all. There's just a poem -- that's all we've got so far, if the first clue was jacked and the voicemail was hacked.

If it's not a part of the game, one could argue that the gamejackers have told a much better story than the PMs.
Jana4
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hodabes wrote:
If gamejacking wasn't a part of the CiW story, there wouldn't be much of a story there yet at all. There's just a poem -- that's all we've got so far, if the first clue was jacked and the voicemail was hacked.

If it's not a part of the game, one could argue that the gamejackers have told a much better story than the PMs.

Jeez, we are so on the same wavelength, hodabes. And even with the sonnet not jacked, it has been interpreted 1,734 ways. (just a number I grabbed since it's the current the number of YT CiW subscribers)

edited for accidental double word typo

Last edited by Jana4 on Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
brandoblues
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what story has been told though, by whoever?

the best story that has been told so far is actually the people here on the forum.

and its a wild story that in an alternate universe would be mind boggling.

so much to ponder

but hey, weve had 3 attempts at story telling by y-cas so far, and i guess it really hasnt been that long time wise, so waiting for the first cant be too bad.

maybe they should give us some 13th labour or a picture of a guy in france.
jammer
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, it is reasonable to assume that the gamejacking actually occured:

1. Cassie dropped the bag, and it took three days for a legit player to retrieve it. It easily could have been messed with in that time, and Cassie indicated that we indeed were "too slow."

2. When players received phone calls, Cassie was so rash as to accuse innocent parties of lying about it (she later retracted those accusations). And nothing useful came out of that fiasco. It doesn't make sense that the Cassie PM would choose to do all this unproductive stuff.

Second, if indeed the gamejacking occurred, it makes sense that the story/game has not advanced much yet:

1. We don't know what was in the bag. That could have been the clue(s) that would have kicked everything off. But it was jacked.

2. We don't know what Cassie planned to do with the phone. That could have been a phase two that began more stuff we haven't seen yet. But the phone was jacked.

Now Cassie has been taking her time - possibly to design clues/drops/etc. that can't be so easily jacked - and she's even been clear about a date and time for the next big event.

I think it's reasonable to reserve a judgment on this until Sunday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
NillaWafers
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait! Hehe. At least I have weekends off!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: