Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0220 - "Rockin' the Boat" [06/26/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic :: View next topic  
suze900
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
To put this a bit more concretely, when there is no plot arc, we begin to stop caring about the plot. e.g. Why does Jonas decide to go visit Taylor? Is it a good decision? A bad decision? We don't really care about it because we sense it was a flight of fancy by the Creators, made up probably because it was convenient.

Well, it's apparent that many people are saying this, but I can tell you that if I didn't care about the LG15 plot I would be doing something besides watching the videos and posting on the forums. It gives me a little amusement each day, something to do for awhile that helps me unwind from work (and sometimes keeps me up too late!)

It does puzzle me, that here and on the video comment board, the people who complain the most are some of the most frequent posters. Not that I mind . . . it's just a conundrum.
Sam fan
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

suze900 wrote:

It does puzzle me, that here and on the video comment board, the people who complain the most are some of the most frequent posters. Not that I mind . . . it's just a conundrum.

My guess, suze900, is that it's because they've been invested in the series --- time-wise and emotionally -- for some time and, so, have a basis for their perspective.

Not that you don't but I'd say thiers is simply a different frame of reference.
mellie3204
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

numbvox wrote:
lol, sorry - I didn't mean to come off as defensive. I didn't think you called me an idiot or anything such at any point. I was just frustrated over losing my reply. I didn't really want to type it all out, but I wanted to acknowledge that I know that typically non-response is "losing" in internet debates.

Ooo I hate it when that happens!! Grr! Very Happy

Anyways, I do agree with/know what you're on about, it's the arguments I tend to use most of the time when other people get frustrated Razz

But I do think that this format means that this non-traditional form of entertainment will by it's very nature be a bit fragmented, and involve periods of not very much happening plotwise. I just get frustrated with that sometimes... my time investment in watching the show and logging on to the website each day is considerable, and sometimes I feel let down. Maybe I should watch once a week in digest form, I might feel like a lot more is happening?

I guess also because the characters are set up more like a friends network than an entertainment show, I get bored with them because I don't actually get to interact with them as much as with my actual friends network. Maybe I should try for more character interaction so I feel more connected and invested?

In any case, it's hard for me to articulate exactly why I get dissatisfied, but maybe you're right, and it's just that I need to make the adjustment to this format instead of bitching that it's not like a television show.

Yet I wouldn't mind trading more excitment for some believability.

Good debates on this people! Though we seem to have taken over this video thread with them Razz
suze900
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My guess, suze900, is that it's because they've been invested in the series --- time-wise and emotionally -- for some time and, so, have a basis for their perspective.

Not that you don't but I'd say thiers is simply a different frame of reference.

Dunno about the time thing, I've been around since last September, just not on the forum the 1st 6 months.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juliegrrl20 wrote:
This video disgusts me. Daniel is so her pawn. He follows her around like a little puppy dog. And why do we care if the are screwing around anyway?? I am so over those to. Can they PLEASE stop being so freaking horney already?? Mad

Why shouldn't he be horny? He's been teased by Bree for over 2 years.
QUEEN_AKASHA2004
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if they bone maybe sarah will run away from daniel..or maybe if they bone daniel and sarah will run away together who knows but they should just do it and get over with it and get on with the story

http://www.youtube.com/trusmom06
Mr. Scarrrrrr, Theres a candy Barrrrr in the Poooolllllllllll

I dont know if i can cook but i can sure make a mean poptart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: