Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How did CiW lure you in?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jengels2002
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: How did CiW lure you in? Reply with quote

I've just been wondering about something...what led us all here?

For me, I was just browsing the internet one day and came across talk regarding LG15. I watched the first video and was really not impressed. A few days later I watched a couple more and dont ask me why...somehow I got lured in. Maybe it was the mystery. I am NOT a religous person but the lure of a "taboo" religion appealed to me. Then when I saw Cassie's first video, I was blown away.

Since her first video release (CiW), I have been logging on very very frequently. My Wife says i am obsessed! To be honest, I am. Wanna hear something scary? I took a vacation day from work on Oct 2nd. Yeah, i plan on staying up all night on the 1st. Sick, huh?

What is our purpose here? Does anyone really know? Help Bree from Cassie? Help Cassie from Bree? Help women from Danielbeast?
What does Cassie want or need?

http://www.youtube.com/group/GemmaSucks
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had heard about the whole LG15 thing, and kinda dismissed it... Then I heard the speculation that it might be an altered reality game, and I thought "Cool... I gotta check those out..." And then I was in a local bookstore that has used books, and ran into a book on altered reality gaming and bought it, and then the whole "LG15 is fake! ZOMG!" hit the fan and Cassie released the "This is my story now" video. That's the first video I actually watched from the same thing... What are the odds that I'd stumble across ARGs, and this book, and then the 1st CiW video all within a couple of days? I think it's proof that Cassie is watching me Wink

'mute

EDIT: Yeah, my wife says the same about me... She calls Cassie "The other woman."

'vote 'mute in '16!
Jengels2002
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Laughing Laughing Laughing

My Wife says the same thing!

http://www.youtube.com/group/GemmaSucks
sc
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

she should be happy that "the other woman" is what she is!
vertigo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a piece on CNN about lonelygirl15 and thought to myself "it won't hurt to look it up....". A few days later "This is my story now" was posted and I was instantly hooked!

Cassie..... it's like crack, in a way.
Farva
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started watching LG15 just before the stories started surfacing about her being fictional...Cassieiswatching was just something I ran across on these forums, actually.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vertigo wrote:
Cassie..... it's like crack, in a way.

I work IT in a drug screening company... Thank goodness CiW doesn't show up on drug screens Smile

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
chixor1
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got sucked into the viral merketing thing of thatgirlemily a few months ago.
My husband seems to enjoy sucking me into fake drama, so he then sent me on the lonelygirl15 trail. I had been following the videos a couple of weeks before the ZOMGORZ!!!! LG15 is Fake!!! stuff.
But even with her being out-ed, ive still followed along, and I cant remember exactly, but somewhere this week I read i think a comment on LG15's youtube about cassieiswatching and just had to find out what people were talking about.

So I started doing soome searches and came across this, and unfiction.com and the rest is history.
Im obsessed.
toadlguy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost hate to admit it, but I was totally sucked in by the earlier LonelyGirl15 videos and thought they were real. I think I saw the first one from a spoof someone did and then got caught up in the story around the time the swimming video came out. After I found out it was a fake I saw the reference on the NY times blog to cassieiswatching. At first I thought I was just observing a sociological experiment on the internet - but then got involved in the ARG aspects (another discovery of sorts for me). Now I am addicted and am looking for a 12-step program for CiW addicts.
mLe
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farva wrote:
I started watching LG15 just before the stories started surfacing about her being fictional...Cassieiswatching was just something I ran across on these forums, actually.

Same here. Got hooked on LG15 from a livejournal post of one of my friends. At the time LG15 only had 2 or 3 vids. I watched them, and started checking back for more. Then all the 'she's a fake' stuff... and i was disappointed. Anyway, I started looking at the forums to see what they were all about. On this very forum i came across CiW and watched the vids... was hooked. The end.
dlruss0216
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the influx of all the new posters at this forum, that started me thinking yesterday about how I had gotten all wrapped up in this.

I think it began with the front page article on LG15 @ yahoo.com. This was a while ago, at least a few weeks before the creators were outed.

The article got me thinking what a great concept video's were. I then checked out her vid, of course, who didn't? I thought she was cute and smart, but still I couldn't figure out what the big hub bub was all about. She just seemed typical. But, then things started getting stranger, which is of course the reason why most people have hung around to continue checking out LG15.

One of the posters on LG15's YT page had noted something about the LG15 Forum. So of course I headed over and it was there that I first found out about Cassie. This was right around the time she was making her first dead drop at the swimming location.

Needless to say, from there I was hooked. It was so creepy, eerie, and to be able to watch people like Cu Roi and NillaWafer play along in real life was just totally cool.

One question I ask myself...If Cassie hadn't come along, would I have continued to seek out LG15's video's? I'm not sure. I might have gone to look for a new vid now and then when I was bored, but I certainly wouldn't have been checking her YT (or now Revver) page daily like I do.

Thanks for starting this thread. It forced me to finish thinking about this and now I remember 100% about how I got here. And..."What a long strange trip it's been" too. Razz
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I was late to the game. I came in to LG15 from the news stories that said it was fake. The idea of telling a story through this kind of medium fascinated me. I had the idea around 1999, when blogs were first starting to hit, to have a fictional blog about a character I make up and telling a story that way. I wish I did it.

Cassieiswatching is just fascinating. I personally believe it's just very inventive fanfic with maybe the slightest ties to the Creators (ie where did the filming take place), but I love the clues and the theorizing, even if I haven't been able to help out much (some of you guys are smaaaaart!). I never had exposure to ARGs, so this is new stuff to me.
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: How did CiW lure you in? Reply with quote

Jengels2002 wrote:

Well, there was this phone call at 3 in the morning...
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: How did CiW lure you in? Reply with quote

twjaniak wrote:
Jengels2002 wrote:

Oh baloney! We all know twjaniak is cassieiswatching! And twjaniak lies!

just kidding...
dlruss0216
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: How did CiW lure you in? Reply with quote

twjaniak wrote:
Jengels2002 wrote:

You're a LIAR Twjaniak!!

.....it was 3:01am!

Laughing

LOL Broken Kid - You beat me by a nanosecond!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: