Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How did CiW lure you in?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Farva
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QCZCB? That doesn't even start to make sense...
sc
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay... eh?
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twjaniak wrote:
--.- -.-. --.. -.-. -...

That filename is telling. If it references Revelations 12:6, I ain't waiting THAT long for the next clue Wink

'mute

Edit: It's a tinyurl that points to http://www.viridianmoon.com/rev126.jpg

'vote 'mute in '16!
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wintermute wrote:
twjaniak wrote:
--.- -.-. --.. -.-. -...

That filename is telling. If it references Revelations 12:6, I ain't waiting THAT long for the next clue Wink

'mute

Edit: It's a tinyurl that points to http://www.viridianmoon.com/rev126.jpg

-.-- --- ..- .-- . -. - .- -. -.. --. --- - .. - .-.-.- -.-- --- ..- .-- .. -. .-.-.-
Farva
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep forgetting the way tinyurl comes up everywhere
Dunneh
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was watching "The Soup" on E a few weeks ago, and Joel said that "popular vlogger Lonely Girl 15 was actually a girl from New Zealand" and (having completely missed the hype), I wondered what it was about and looked it up.

I found the Wikipedia page that discussed the vlogs and informed myself on the whole thing. It speculates about CiW's involvement as per her being canon or not, as well as her shocking people what with the murder scene pictures.

I thought "gee how stupid," (ha) and decided to ignore the whole LG15 storyline. But the whole idea of this creepy video as well as the allusions to Crowely sucked me in. I followed all the links, and decided that if I was going to watch the CiW YT videos that I should really get up to speed on Bree and Daniel's story first.

So I did. Now I'm a sucker like everyone else here. I don't think the Bree story is uninteresting per se, but CiW sure has a way of weaving the mystery that just seems to hook you and not let go. Very Happy

Last edited by Dunneh on Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
toadlguy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I TOLD you not to encourage him.

(By the way - you certainly had that font and the pretty pink paper close to hand !?!)
sc
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toadlguy wrote:
I TOLD you not to encourage him.

(By the way - you certainly had that font and the pretty pink paper close to hand !?!)

roflmao
BabyBoomerang
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my first post but I've been reading this forum for a few days now.

I began my obsession with CiW not too long ago when I was stuck at home due to an illness. I stumbled upon one of twjaniak's videos on youtube, I had no idea what was going on but the way he explained things really intrigued me so I went from there.

This whole thing fascinates me to no end. Smile
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twjaniak wrote:

-.-- --- ..- .-- . -. - .- -. -.. --. --- - .. - .-.-.- -.-- --- ..- .-- .. -. .-.-.-

I win! I win! Anyone else notice how morse code only pops up just after they close their translator? And yet, I keep opening it back up...

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
sc
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's odd how 12:6 references 1260... or is my math wrong?
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sc wrote:
it's odd how 12:6 references 1260... or is my math wrong?

I've already closed the window, but I saw the years measured in "scores" and immediately knew that I wasn't waiting that long for the next clue Laughing

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My story is simple. I had only recently began watching videos on YouTube, because my work rarely left me time to have fun, and I found an LG15 video on the MV or MD pages. Shocked Laughing

In fact, I started watching LG15 literally the day before she was outed to the public! Anyway, I became intrigued by the mystery of her religion and continued to watch her videos looking for clues, and then two weeks later, along came Cassie... Twisted Evil

Now, here was a real mystery I could solve! LG15 let very little, if any, information leak out about her background and religion, but here was someone leaving physical clues! Very Happy So, 18 years of P&P, WG/SG, and ARG experience, and an interactive mystery to be solved, led me right here. (Yay me!)
[04:03] <lyriclyinclined> with the exception of a bad apple pucker incident
hanrocksit
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welllllllllll, i read something on the net saying that cassieiswatching isnt "the creators' or has anything to do with LG15. so im like hmm who is CiW? so i typed it into youtube. watched the videos, got freaked out, didnt sleep well that night, the read up some and saw that it was fiction, haha.

i just love the mystery and the clues and all this stuff. i dont know. its interesting.. and i am also staying up until something happens for the first Very Happy
Jana4
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was cleaning up the kitchen, and the morning news was on the TV in the living room. I didn't even see the tv. All I heard was something like "Internet phenomenon Lonelygirl15 has turned out to be a phony". By the time I got to the TV, the story was over. So I really had zero idea what it was talking about.

I figured since they said "internet phenomenon", she must have her own website. I didn't even do a search. I just typed "lonelygirl15.com" into the address bar and here I was.

I watched the video that was on the main page, thought she was a little dull and didn't understand the hoopla. So then I clicked on the forum link, and found people talking about someone named Cassie. It was the same day or day after she put out the first video and everyone was so excited.

So.... I watched every single LG15 video in order that day after reading all the Cassie stuff, lurked around waiting for people to find the first Cassie clue in the water, viewed every video on youtube that even remotely had anything to do with Cassie, and I was hooked. I'm not sure how long I lurked before I signed up, but I never sign up and post to any forum without a lengthy lurk time.

I have to say, I would have not continued to watch LG15 videos had this exciting YT Cassie not just shown up already the first time I clicked on this forum. It was the Cassie stuff in this forum that hooked me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: