Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calling All Thelemites
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sororyzbl wrote:
tannhaus wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:
And as we Catholic school girls would say...

*perk* Catholic school girl? *perk*

You need an EGCatholica school girl. Although, they're not as slutty.

Hey! Sad That's not nice. Mean meanie.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:

You don't understand...in guyspeak, 'slutty' is a good thing!! Smile
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:

You don't understand...in guyspeak, 'slutty' is a good thing!! Smile

It's more doublespeak. the Thelemite archetype of femininity is the Whore of Babalon. Catholic school girls are even sluttier than her. Smile
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sororyzbl wrote:
Sfonzarelli wrote:
Black people face stuff like that EVERY DAY. The point is, you get this sort of abuse because you're WEIRD. Accept it. Embrace your weirdness. Stop vying for sociopolitical legitimacy.

Dude, I'm totally normal. Smile Outside of the temple and the internet, I'm a mild mannered IT professional in non-threatening heels and smart casual attire. Outside of the unicursal hexagram on my desk, there's little that would tell people that I practice a different faith than they (well, the OTO lamen tattooed on the back of my neck, but I rarely wear my hair up so no one sees that).

Of course, I live in NYC, so normalcy is quite relative.

Oh, that's a shame. Do you plan to do anything to correct this?

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sfonzarelli wrote:
sororyzbl wrote:
Sfonzarelli wrote:
Black people face stuff like that EVERY DAY. The point is, you get this sort of abuse because you're WEIRD. Accept it. Embrace your weirdness. Stop vying for sociopolitical legitimacy.

Dude, I'm totally normal. Smile Outside of the temple and the internet, I'm a mild mannered IT professional in non-threatening heels and smart casual attire. Outside of the unicursal hexagram on my desk, there's little that would tell people that I practice a different faith than they (well, the OTO lamen tattooed on the back of my neck, but I rarely wear my hair up so no one sees that).

Oh, that's a shame. Do you plan to do anything to correct this?

I've debated moving, but I'm too settled in now. It'd be hard to just pack up and leave.
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: maxomai Reply with quote

JerseyJohnny wrote:
In other words, it's a huge secret, since you still won't talk about it. LOLMAO, love the doubletalk!

http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27168#27168

Reading a couple of pages back, before posting, is generally a good idea. Tannhaus and I have already posted on this topic.
[04:03] <lyriclyinclined> with the exception of a bad apple pucker incident
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: maxomai Reply with quote

ravensgrace wrote:
JerseyJohnny wrote:
In other words, it's a huge secret, since you still won't talk about it. LOLMAO, love the doubletalk!

http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=27168#27168

Reading a couple of pages back, before posting, is generally a good idea. Tannhaus and I have already posted on this topic.

I think everyone has... It's not a huge mystery that he was talking about spanking it.
Nora Volkova
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, when the man even wrote a whole book of poetry devoted to it, you can sort of guess that it was a favorite topic. Green Day had nothing on Mr. Crowley.

I bite my lip and close my eyes,
Take me away to paradise.....

JerseyJohnny
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackRiven wrote:

I suggest you drop the attitude. Your anger is way out of proportion and has to do more with your associations to a personal attack than any actual attack that was made.

Calling religion "silly" as you have done several times is insulting to those who have any belief in any religion, by association. So, an attack was made by you. The sad thing is that you are probably honest in that you can't see it at all. It's like the racist who has no concept that he's a racist, it's a sad, sad thing. Awareness is the first step to improvement.

BlackRiven wrote:

As for concrete proof, it exist as long as it refers to things of concrete nature. If there's a tree, it's there. That's indesputable.

That's "naturalism". That is based on the philosophy that "existence" is that which we can sense with our physical senses only. If you would study philosophy you'd learn about this.

BlackRiven wrote:

...that's your biggest problem, you think this is about different philosophies. It's about how atheists haven't heard any conclusive proof for the existance of God or anything else that has religious nature.

If you want to put it that way, then yes, my "biggest problem" is that I think it's about different philosophies. In which case YOUR biggest problem is failing to be aware or educated on differing philosophies and their impacts on our lives.
tannhaus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sororyzbl wrote:
You need an EGCatholica school girl. Although, they're not as slutty.

I have horrible luck with thelemite women. We clash. At most, I can hope for a good lay...but chances are, we won't even get that far before we don't like each other.

Catholic schoolgirls on the other hand....I've got a chance there....and they're soooooooooo hot in their uniforms Very Happy
tannhaus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sororyzbl wrote:

Well, I live in New Orleans. The other day I was in the office with my boss and a coworker. The coworker said an expletive and the boss gasps "Don't curse around him!". So, not only am I normal...people seem to think I'm innocent.

Once they get to know me, they realize I'm not innocent...but not some major freak either.
Hmmmm
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there,

great thread, guys -- I've really enjoyed reading it.

One comment/question about a slightly OT issue a coupla pages back: there was reference to <voudou> as a more "correct" spelling than <voodoo>. Seems to me, though, that these are both transliterations (attempts to represent in the Roman alphabet a language not originally written with same, or not written at all) and as such one can't be judged as more "correct" than the other (sort of like the various spellings for the word /kabala/).

Seems more likely to me that those who are invested in however-it's-spelled would prefer to disassociate themselves from the pop-culture assumptions inherent in the spelling <voodoo> and re-legitimize their religion/philosophy with the new spelling <voudou>. But if so they should acknowledge it as such.

(not LG -related -- just a pleasantly snarky gossip site)
tannhaus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm wrote:
One comment/question about a slightly OT issue a coupla pages back: there was reference to <voudou> as a more "correct" spelling than <voodoo>. Seems to me, though, that these are both transliterations (attempts to represent in the Roman alphabet a language not originally written with same, or not written at all) and as such one can't be judged as more "correct" than the other (sort of like the various spellings for the word /kabala/).

Seems more likely to me that those who are invested in however-it's-spelled would prefer to disassociate themselves from the pop-culture assumptions inherent in the spelling <voodoo> and re-legitimize their religion/philosophy with the new spelling <voudou>. But if so they should acknowledge it as such.

Actually, vodou and voudou were used long before voodoo. The spelling voodoo came about in the 19th/20th centuries in anti-voudou propaganda. It was popularized in the early 20th century in terribly erroneous hollywood drivel.
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The terribly erronious Hollywood drivel just gave us more power.

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
tannhaus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sfonzarelli wrote:
The terribly erronious Hollywood drivel just gave us more power.

No..it just did more to slander the religion in the US and drive it underground...to the point of extinction in many places. It turned the children against the religion of their ancestors. It didn't really do anything GOOD for voudou.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: