Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1B3D = Stromelysin?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Clues and Puzzles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
archangelica
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: 1B3D = Stromelysin? Reply with quote

I don't have time to spend on this, but I thought it was interesting:

Spencer says "First, B, Three, D" in his vid. I sincerely doubted that there was a clue in the vid, but check this out:

A search for "1B3D" yeilds results for Stromelysin catalytic domain.

Effective inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs), a family of connective tissue-degrading enzymes, could be useful for the treatment of diseases such as cancer, multiple sclerosis, and arthritis. Many of the known MMP inhibitors are derived from peptide substrates, with high potency in vitro but little selectivity among MMPs and poor bioavailability. We have discovered nonpeptidic MMP inhibitors with improved properties, and report here the crystal structures of human stromelysin-1 catalytic domain (SCD) complexed with four of these inhibitors. The structures were determined and refined at resolutions ranging from 1.64 to 2.0 A. Each inhibitor binds in the active site of SCD such that a bulky diphenyl piperidine moiety penetrates a deep, predominantly hydrophobic S'1 pocket. The active site structure of the SCD is similar in all four inhibitor complexes, but differs substantially from the peptide hydroxamate complex, which has a smaller side chain bound in the S'1 pocket. The largest differences occur in the loop forming the "top" of this pocket. The occupation of these nonpeptidic inhibitors in the S'1 pocket provides a structural basis to explain their selectivity among MMPs. An analysis of the unique binding mode predicts structural modifications to design improved MMP inhibitors.

his neutrogena site says he is into autocatalysis. I'm not learned enough in this area to make heads or tails of any of this, but I thought I'd throw it out to you guys.

ETA found a headline titled "Method of reducing stromelysin RNA via ribozymes."

Haha. I have no idea what it might mean, but there's another key word.
marlasinger
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm...could it be that spencer is way smarter than we're giving him credit for? This is a tough lead, and not something that actually GIVES us much - but maybe he knows more about the Order than he's letting on, and knows that his messages should be encoded.

I'm not sure, I'd have to wait for the next vid to know.

The Bree Solution.
http://one.revver.com/watch/330795

"Also... im in ur canons... supporting all ur marlas."
-AutoPilate
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
suze900
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm picturing the Creators sitting back and going, "OMG WTF? did we MEAN to do that?" Or not. Confused Maybe I'm not giving them enough credit for planting way hidden cluez.
QUEEN_AKASHA2004
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

suze900 wrote:
I'm picturing the Creators sitting back and going, "OMG WTF? did we MEAN to do that?" Or not. Confused Maybe I'm not giving them enough credit for planting way hidden cluez.

yah but then they will come to the forums and see we actually figured out some scientific thing with their mistake then they have to like make the store follow our findings

http://www.youtube.com/trusmom06
Mr. Scarrrrrr, Theres a candy Barrrrr in the Poooolllllllllll

I dont know if i can cook but i can sure make a mean poptart
Opladybug
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually some ppl were leaving out the one and came up with 3-aminopentanedioic acid instead...just thought I'd pass that on.

Comments,represent!

--... --... --... --... --... --... ..--- . -.... -.-. -.... ..-. --... ...-- --... ....- ..--- . -.... ..... --... ..... ..--- ..-. ...-- ...-- -.... ...-- -.... ..--- ...-- .----
archangelica
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned this to my husband, and it got his attention. So I thought I'd let you know what he suggested.

1B3D specifically pointed to Stromelycin-1 in my search. I got a search result which mentioned "reducing stromelysin RNA via ribozymes."

Since I am educationally challenged when it comes to biology, I asked my husband what the implications of my google results might be.

He hypothesized that Stromelycin-1 is a catalytic gene. Suppose that stromelycin-1 is a catalyst for whatever makes a person Trait Positive. If the expression of stromelycin-1 can be suppressed, then there would be no catalyst for the Trait (which would lead to a Trait Negative status.) And apparantly this can be done by reducing the RNA via ribozymes.

anyway, I thought it was all very interesting, even though it gave me a terrible headache. I managed to escape college without studying biology, so please excuse my profuse ignorance on the subject. Embarassed

ETA: this post is filled with errors, as was pointed out to me.

Last edited by archangelica on Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
aura1298
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: patents Reply with quote

there is a patent out there from 1998 that is this exact google search and not hard to find.

Method of reducing stromelysin RNA via ribozymes...

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/5731295-description.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and here is a repeat of my research results...

HLA-D/Q/B-1
RR HLA-DR2-DQwl- 1 type
HLA-DQB1*0602-16140
Loci
a- prev
ab- prev
b- prev
EU7/EU8*: m170 mu+ {lgm: 22000 helena
EU18: bas.irs.scot.eng-2%
HLADRB-27
Ep
Nar
Celi d
Rhu
Maj hist incomt
Anim
End transmission.

are you seeing things yet?
stevemedigod
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stromelysin is an enzyme that degrades other proteins. It's connection to RNA would be indirect. Likewise, I'm not finding any direct connection between 3-aminopentanedioic acid and RNA. So I'm confused.
uber_cast
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marlasinger wrote:
hmm...could it be that spencer is way smarter than we're giving him credit for? This is a tough lead, and not something that actually GIVES us much - but maybe he knows more about the Order than he's letting on, and knows that his messages should be encoded.

I'm not sure, I'd have to wait for the next vid to know.

I believe you are right
archangelica
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemedigod wrote:
stromelysin is an enzyme that degrades other proteins. It's connection to RNA would be indirect. Likewise, I'm not finding any direct connection between 3-aminopentanedioic acid and RNA. So I'm confused.

I'm confused as well. What does "stromelycin gene expression" refer to, then? I'm absolutely not being snarky. I'm dangerously moronic when it comes to this subject.

ETA: If this thread is simply erroneous information having absolutely no relevence, then it needs to be locked quickly.
stevemedigod
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Stromelysin gene expression:"

Stromelysin is a protein. Like all proteins, it is synthesized when the gene (DNA) that encodes it is transcribed. That transcript is made out of RNA. so, a ribozyme designed to specifically cut the RNA that encodes stromelysin would be a method of reducing the amount of stromelysin made.

Stromelysin is a type of protein known as a protease. Proteases degrade other proteins. These are required for normal cell function and growth, but if too much is made in the wrong place, they can cause damage. This particular protease is important for regulating the matrix of proteins that surround cells.

This thread is not erroneous in that 1b3d is definitively the name of a protein structure file for stromelysin. What we have no idea of is whether this has any relevance to the actual message the Creators' intended.
archangelica
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemedigod wrote:
"Stromelysin gene expression:"

Thanks for explaining that in a way that I can actually understand fairly well.

Quote:
This thread is not erroneous in that 1b3d is definitively the name of a protein structure file for stromelysin. What we have no idea of is whether this has any relevance to the actual message the Creators' intended.

Very true. For now, I think I'll enjoy the rest of my day and see if anyone more knowledgeable than I comes up with anything interesting. Thanks again for explaining.
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ribozyme link is interesting.

I still think that it's probably a coincidence, though.

Stromelysin is a member of a class of proteins called matrix metalloproteinases. These proteins fulfill several crucial functions within the body, but can go haywire in many disease states, such as arthritis, emphysema, and metastatic cancer.

I don't think that a single member of this protein class would be biologically significant enough to hinge a big plot point on, if they're playing by "real life" scientific rules.
hella
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who would that message be too anyways? maybe if he actually gives anything away he'll be in huge trouble so hes trying to secretly give clues? what was with the "go dad" line?
marlasinger
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the go dad line was about his father and his mistress - which apparently he didn't hear about until now. good times. but perhaps there's something more there?

The Bree Solution.
http://one.revver.com/watch/330795

"Also... im in ur canons... supporting all ur marlas."
-AutoPilate
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Clues and Puzzles All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: