Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got a question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Got a question Reply with quote

Hey spencer!
Welcome to the lovely world of .... trying to destroy a lucrative secret cult/order ... thing.
It's ... lots(?) ... of fun.

Anyways, I thought I would run this by you since you are a scientist and all. I want to know if this makes any sense.

Quote:
Yea so i'm uber bored this morning, so i went on some researching binge.

What I have discovered is this:

tricarboxylate carrier, better known as TCC ...
Quote:
is an integral protein of the mitochondrial inner membrane.

WHAT???

Alright, so what that means is that it is one of the many building blocks involved in the structure of a mitochondrion.

Mitochondria (plural...) is esentially a cell's power plant. It generates the chemicaal energy needed by the cell to function.

Quote:
The inner mitochondrial membrane contains proteins with four types of functions: [2]

1. Those that carry out the oxidation reactions of the respiratory chain.
2. ATP synthase, which makes ATP in the matrix.
3. Specific transport proteins that regulate the passage of metabolites into and out of the matrix.
4. Protein import machinery.

WHAT!!!????!!!!

It's imports and exports things.

alright...so that is veering off topic. but I thought a nice bio lesson would be nice.

Ooook ... Next I will talk about the Thyroid.

Quote:
The thyroid is one of the largest endocrine glands in the body. This gland is found in the neck just below the Adam's apple. The thyroid controls how quickly the body burns energy, makes proteins, and how sensitive the body should be to other hormones.

I would like to move on to two issues thyroids often have. Hyperthyroidism, and Hypothyroidism.

Hyper:

in the basic terms without a bunch of balo-hy:

Quote:
Hyperthyroidism is the result of excess thyroid hormone production, causing an overactive metabolism and increased speed of all the body's processes.

Hypo:
Quote:
Hypothyroidism is the disease state in humans and animals caused by insufficient production of thyroid hormone by the thyroid gland

TCC Connection:

Quote:
The tricarboxylate carrier (TCC), also known as citrate carrier, is an integral protein of the mitochondrial inner membrane. It is an essential component of the shuttle system by which mitochondrial acetyl-CoA, primer for both fatty acid and cholesterol synthesis, is transported into the cytosol, where lipogenesis occurs. The effect of hypothyroidism on the activity and expression of the hepatic mitochondrial TCC was investigated in this study. TCC activity was significantly decreased in hypothyroid rats as compared with euthyroid animals. This hormone deficiency effect was due to a reduction in the amount of carrier protein, which resulted from a proportionate decrease of the specific mRNA. Hypothyroidism did not influence TCC mRNA stability. On the other hand, nuclear run-on assay revealed that the transcriptional rate of TCC mRNA decreased by ~40% in the nuclei from hypothyroid versus euthyroid rats. In addition, the ribonuclease protection assay showed that, in the nuclei of hypothyroid rats, the ratio of mature to precursor RNA decreased, indicating that the splicing of TCC RNA is affected. Furthermore, we found that the ratio of polyadenylated/unpolyadenylated TCC RNA as well as the length of the TCC RNA poly(A) tail were similar in both euthyroid and hypothyroid rats. Thus, the rate of formation of the TCC 3'-end is not altered in hypothyroidism. These results suggest that hypothyroidism affects TCC expression at both the transcriptional and post-transcriptional levels.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this, in basic every day terms means that the TCC could not carry the energy from the mitochondrion to the cell nuclious (i think if i remember things right) like it is supposed to if the case is Hypothyroidism.

(spenc...i'm really wondering if i'm right with this one...)

Soooo where does Epogen come into this...

(spenc : we know that the order wanted Bree to take Epogen on a regular basis. Almost once a week.)
( i just almost lost this all...ugh stupid computer...)

Quote:
Rheumatoid-collagen disease, chronic liver disease, and hypothyroidism are common culprits in anemia of chronic disease, as are chronic infection and cancer.

Quote:
Epoetin alfa is used to treat anemia

Is it possible that our beloved bree positive traits are Anemia and an under-active Thyroid?

Quote:
Now if i'm understanding correcting Hyperthyroidism has the same connection, however in the TCC case, it either produces more TCC, or the TCC protien becomexs over active as well and carries too much energy to the cell.
And Epogen is also a known treatment to Hyperthyroidism, except (from what I've read) it doesn't have the same connection to Anemia.

what do you think?

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sack36
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a problem with this. Working with Mitochondria means you're only working with the mother/daughter link. That leaves Crowley out of the mix. Second, the mitochondria is passed "whole cloth" from mother to daughter so if Bree has it her mom had it. Why tap Bree when they already have her mom?
http://2grandmas.com and http://laying8.com
Proud member of the Him of Won and the Humm of Juan
gemmacrowley
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sack36 wrote:
I see a problem with this. Working with Mitochondria means you're only working with the mother/daughter link. That leaves Crowley out of the mix. Second, the mitochondria is passed "whole cloth" from mother to daughter so if Bree has it her mom had it. Why tap Bree when they already have her mom?

She is not her biological mother. Also there is an age factor involved.
marlasinger
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

um, I think sack was saying that they'd tap her biological mom, that is, the one that passed on these traits to her. In order for her to BE an order baby they had to get her from her mother - so I'm assuming at some point the order had the means of grabbing her. An age factor? Okay we'll give you that one. But even then - how does being anemic and a hypothyroidism sufferer (for which she doesn't show symptoms) make Bree special for a ceremony? I'm anemic! Choose me!

The Bree Solution.
http://one.revver.com/watch/330795

"Also... im in ur canons... supporting all ur marlas."
-AutoPilate
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marlasinger wrote:
um, I think sack was saying that they'd tap her biological mom, that is, the one that passed on these traits to her. In order for her to BE an order baby they had to get her from her mother - so I'm assuming at some point the order had the means of grabbing her. An age factor? Okay we'll give you that one. But even then - how does being anemic and a hypothyroidism sufferer (for which she doesn't show symptoms) make Bree special for a ceremony? I'm anemic! Choose me!

marla darling...you keep missing the part of hyperthyroidism, which she does show signs of sometimes.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gemmacrowley
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marlasinger wrote:

I don't believe it does. Although Erica is anemic or so she says, but I don't think that is a family trait. However there are others who could do the ceremony if Bree didn't want to. (Heck, Erica could do it if she would just put on some weight.)

Also if Bree's real mother were around wouldn't Bree be living with her?

Gemma
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they can't get to her real mum?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marlasinger
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KTS - I suppose. I still think that there are so many hyperthyroidism people out there that it doesn't make sense as to why BREE has to be the one, you know? It's gotta be more than hypo/hyper thyroidism...that's a common syndrome.

The Bree Solution.

-AutoPilate
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very true. but I think like really think this is a beginnng palce.

also remember, her father was trying to stop everything with a controlling shot. so even if she were to have these, the shots would give us an exact opposite to what the epogen.

I know the epogen does have a controling factor with tcc so maybe researching that would be a start

TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense, but this is like a scientific version of Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon.

The connections between TCC, hyperthyroidism, anemia, and epogen are all fairly tangential (besides the connection between anemia and epogen - that's solid, but has little or nothing to do with TCC).

But if a certain other biochemist wants to come correct me, he's more than welcome. Laughing
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey At least I'm TRYING to jog some memory.

marlasinger
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
very true. but I think like really think this is a beginnng palce.

also remember, her father was trying to stop everything with a controlling shot. so even if she were to have these, the shots would give us an exact opposite to what the epogen.

I know the epogen does have a controling factor with tcc so maybe researching that would be a start

Did I ever say you're awesomesauce for doing this research to begin with?? Even if it goes NOWHERE you're amazing. <3

The Bree Solution.

-AutoPilate
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, at least i' trying to jog memory or getting something started.

everyone else is bitching out Spencer, or trying to convince him to remember or do something he obviously doesn't remember or is too hurt to do...

so i give him a foot stool, give him something he obviously likes doing, and maybe we can all come up with something

Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey spenc...so is this the jist of whats going on with you then??? if you can't exercise because of lactic acid??

(ultimately this is a bump...)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Spencer Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: