Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0224 - "My Dad Died Too" [07/03/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laurin_B
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meggamoo1 wrote:
quite the theme going on..
i wonder why the order kills dad's and accepts mom's.

Think it might be a gender issue with the trait thing? just kind of thought that was interesting.

I love my dad, so I'm not joining lol.

I concur.

On another note, I believe I called the roadtrip to Texas to get a haircut plotline. Thanks.

OT: You know, the last couple of videos, I was really proud that we were able to avoid the endless pages of "fiiiiiirst"s, "loading!", and "thumbnails, omg, it's jonas" . . . and yet, here we are again, with four-and-a-half pages of all of it. Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that's what P Monkey's Playhouse and Off the Cuff were for . . . it's out of hand.
End of rant--off to drink my Fourth of July--happy holiday!
bebo.com/LaurinB myspace.com/laurin_b
je_sais_cequisetrame
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't feel bad for not staying up later to watch this, lol.

Seems like the Creatatrons have heard our "Jonas is being too whiney" calls or something. Hmm. Hopefully the next vid will be from Spencer, and it will come soooooon...
krmurr87
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay... so are we completely forgetting the whole "Your parents are still alive Jonas" comment ....AGHHH yet another plot hole completely pushed aside Evil or Very Mad
krmurr87
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurin_B wrote:
meggamoo1 wrote:
quite the theme going on..
i wonder why the order kills dad's and accepts mom's.

Think it might be a gender issue with the trait thing? just kind of thought that was interesting.

I love my dad, so I'm not joining lol.

I concur.

On another note, I believe I called the roadtrip to Texas to get a haircut plotline. Thanks.

OT: You know, the last couple of videos, I was really proud that we were able to avoid the endless pages of "fiiiiiirst"s, "loading!", and "thumbnails, omg, it's jonas" . . . and yet, here we are again, with four-and-a-half pages of all of it. Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that's what P Monkey's Playhouse and Off the Cuff were for . . . it's out of hand.
End of rant--off to drink my Fourth of July--happy holiday!

I agree Laurin, and also I think her Mom was spared because she was much higher up in the community ...she may have even been the one who set up her husbands death, she wasn't there..just a theory
TheMightyZan
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think about it, no matter what Jonas' dad is dead.
Either he is dead because the order killed him, or he was brainwashed by the order, therefore he is no longer Jonas' dad in the since that the man Jonas called father no longer exists.
Alex herself said that they might not remember him.

So I think, in Jonas' mind at least, that his father is dead. Either in the literal or figurative sense of the word.

Someone can be dead and yet still be alive, they are just no longer the same person.

I'm sure we have all heard or used the saying at least once, "The so and so I knew is dead, I don't know this person." type thing.

Just saying Rolling Eyes
cittiecait
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah but i also think its a way of "connecting" with spencer. jonas cant just turn around and say... "i know what your going through... i thought my dad was dead for 5/6years but my aunt who is in the order has told me that actually he might not be dead but its doubtful he remembers me"
i mean spencce has been a little over whelmed already... doncha think?
TheMightyZan
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*nod nod*
Also, Sara mentions Jonas' dad in her father's day blog, and wonders if he is still alive, so I doubt they dropped that story arc.
suze900
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks a little sunny in "Zavalla, TX" today, given their forecast and the weather they've been having lately Cool
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, technically they did the same thing to Jonas's mom and dad. He just mentioned his dad because it related to Spencer's situation. As for Bree's dad, he was killed because he was defying the Order, as was Isaac Gilman. Her mom was not, as far as we know. As we have seen so far, the Order kills or "makes disappear" anyone who resists them, not just men.

HOWEVER, it is interesting what the Creators have done with genders in this series, and I do think it reflects the values of the Order:

MEN
1. Bree's dad AKA Drew Avery- Lower in the Order than Bree's mom. Worked in science research regarding ribozymes. Attempted to make Bree 'trait negative' so she would not be needed for the Ceremony. Somehow escaped or set free by the Order, and contacted Bree via coded voicemail. Also left code in note to Bree, which led to box found in 'CAMP PLAY'. Maintained a close relationship with Bree, with bonding over movies, knowledge, and learning. Strongly emphasized science over religion. Shot by Lucy and McBaldy in a mall parking lot on December 30th, 2006, after telling Bree that she was not his biological daughter, among other things which have yet to be revealed.
2. Daniel's dad- We know close to nothing about him. Recovered alcoholic. Neglectful of Daniel.
3. Jonas's dad- Maintained a close relationship with Jonas. Lost at sea 6 years ago around the 140 longitude line, leaving no wreckage behind. Began a foundation with his wife, whose goal has yet to be revealed. An effective member of the Resistance of the Order, and wrote a thesis paper about the movement, which was shared with other members of the Resistance. These other members also had mysterious disappearances or deaths. He is also the older half-brother of Alex, whose mother spoke of Free Will and Meridian Lines, and married Jonas's grandfather though she was much younger than him. He was very close to Alex, and she was invited to spend a lot of time with him and Jonas, such as the time they went to the carnival with Sid the Clown. He travelled a lot and enjoyed boating. Fought with Alex's mother, his step mother, on Christmas over her religion, also the Hymn Of One. His step- mother was killed the following February by a drunk driver.
4. Sarah and Taylor's dad- very little known. Recently left his wife, but still saw his daughters occasionally, including once for a family picnic. However, since Sarah left she has not seen him or mentioned talking to him.
5. The Watchers- Supposedly meant to protect Bree from harm, keep track of her and her friends' whereabouts, and always wear sunglasses and black suits. One of them shot the kidnapper in "Subjects Apprehended." Marked by a tattoo of the Watcher Symbol on theirs hands by their thumbs. Limited to the boundaries of Free Will.
6. Isaac Gilman- Killed in car 'accident' the same day as Bree's dad was shot to death (December 30, 2006), while on the way to meet Spencer, his son. Worked for the Wyman Foundation, doing research similar to what Bree's dad did. Was involved in an affair, though he was married to Spencer Gilman's mom. Heard in a voicemail, discussing plans with Bree's dad (Drew Avery) to complete mission to make Bree 'trait negative'.

WOMEN
1. Bree's mom- Discovered the Hymn of One through a professor at ?Edenborough?. Still alive and working for the Order, as far as we know. Holds a higher position in the Order. Said to have usually taken Bree's side in arguments with her father. Bree did not mention her for a long time after her dad's death, until telling the story of her religious discovery in "Losing My Religion." Also, in "How My Parents Met" Bree reveals her mother to be strong and opinionated, despite her submission to the Hymn of One and the Order. Quoted by Gemma's mother, as again quoted by Gemma, Bree's mother once silenced a famous professor by standing up and stating that "any bloke whose business it was to thwart the rights of an individual should be put down to sleep...like a dog."
2. Daniel's mom- Recovered alcoholic. Once spoke to Bree on the phone early on in the series. Neglectful parent.
3. Jonas's mom- Basically all we know about her is what we know about both Jonas's parents. Lost at sea, blahdy-blah-blah. (Getting bored of this, if you can't already guess).
4. Sarah & Taylor's mom- Favors Taylor and pressures her to place soccer above social relationships, such as her friendship with Sam. Protective of Taylor, though she fights with Sarah and allows her to run off to California to live with two boys? k. Hits on Jonas. Resembles a troll with pink pigtails.
5. Lucy- Well, yeah.
6. Alex- Just go read LGPedia, jeeze.

I'm bored and I don't remember why I began this post.
abcdefg
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlogGirl14 wrote:
why does the order have people with blue eyes? If Im not mistaken-Bree, Alex, Jules, possibly Jonas, carl, sonia

Spencer has green/blue eyes, don't know if that means anything...

i don't know about the rest of them, but bree has brown eyes.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abcdefg wrote:
BlogGirl14 wrote:
why does the order have people with blue eyes? If Im not mistaken-Bree, Alex, Jules, possibly Jonas, carl, sonia

Spencer has green/blue eyes, don't know if that means anything...

i don't know about the rest of them, but bree has brown eyes.

Jonas is not in the Order.

But this theory has been addressed before, regarding GEMMA.
http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3146

watchingall wrote:
JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
Falls wrote:
The eyes, to me, look like the eyes of the woman portrayed as 'Cassie' in OpAphid's series of five Cassie videos. Just a thought.

Yes, they do.
Also, there has been quite a lot of focus on eyes because of the Order or whatever. Her eyes do give me the willies...
Could there be something to this? What could blue eyes mean?

Interesting line to look into, here's what I cameup with.

"Belief in the evil eye is strongest in the Middle East, Asia and Europe, especially the Mediterranean region; it has also spread to other areas like the Americas. In some more areas where light-colored eyes are relatively rare, people with blue eyes are feared to possess the power to bestow the curse, intentionally or unintentionally.

Attempts to ward off the curse of the evil eye resulted in a number of talismans being resorted to. Painted balls (or disks) painted with a blue circle with a concentric black circle inside representing an evil eye are common talismans in the Middle East. A blue eye can also be found on some forms of the Hand of Fatima (or Hamsa), an amulet against the evil eye in the Middle East."

http://www.crystalinks.com/evileye.html

Shaneener
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
Well, technically they did the same thing to Jonas's mom and dad. He just mentioned his dad because it related to Spencer's situation. As for Bree's dad, he was killed because he was defying the Order, as was Isaac Gilman. Her mom was not, as far as we know. As we have seen so far, the Order kills or "makes disappear" anyone who resists them, not just men.

HOWEVER, it is interesting what the Creators have done with genders in this series, and I do think it reflects the values of the Order:

MEN
1. Bree's dad AKA Drew Avery- Lower in the Order than Bree's mom. Worked in science research regarding ribozymes. Attempted to make Bree 'trait negative' so she would not be needed for the Ceremony. Somehow escaped or set free by the Order, and contacted Bree via coded voicemail. Also left code in note to Bree, which led to box found in 'CAMP PLAY'. Maintained a close relationship with Bree, with bonding over movies, knowledge, and learning. Strongly emphasized science over religion. Shot by Lucy and McBaldy in a mall parking lot on December 30th, 2006, after telling Bree that she was not his biological daughter, among other things which have yet to be revealed.
2. Daniel's dad- We know close to nothing about him. Recovered alcoholic. Neglectful of Daniel.
3. Jonas's dad- Maintained a close relationship with Jonas. Lost at sea 6 years ago around the 140 longitude line, leaving no wreckage behind. Began a foundation with his wife, whose goal has yet to be revealed. An effective member of the Resistance of the Order, and wrote a thesis paper about the movement, which was shared with other members of the Resistance. These other members also had mysterious disappearances or deaths. He is also the older half-brother of Alex, whose mother spoke of Free Will and Meridian Lines, and married Jonas's grandfather though she was much younger than him. He was very close to Alex, and she was invited to spend a lot of time with him and Jonas, such as the time they went to the carnival with Sid the Clown. He travelled a lot and enjoyed boating. Fought with Alex's mother, his step mother, on Christmas over her religion, also the Hymn Of One. His step- mother was killed the following February by a drunk driver.
4. Sarah and Taylor's dad- very little known. Recently left his wife, but still saw his daughters occasionally, including once for a family picnic. However, since Sarah left she has not seen him or mentioned talking to him.
5. The Watchers- Supposedly meant to protect Bree from harm, keep track of her and her friends' whereabouts, and always wear sunglasses and black suits. One of them shot the kidnapper in "Subjects Apprehended." Marked by a tattoo of the Watcher Symbol on theirs hands by their thumbs. Limited to the boundaries of Free Will.
6. Isaac Gilman- Killed in car 'accident' the same day as Bree's dad was shot to death (December 30, 2006), while on the way to meet Spencer, his son. Worked for the Wyman Foundation, doing research similar to what Bree's dad did. Was involved in an affair, though he was married to Spencer Gilman's mom. Heard in a voicemail, discussing plans with Bree's dad (Drew Avery) to complete mission to make Bree 'trait negative'.

WOMEN
1. Bree's mom- Discovered the Hymn of One through a professor at ?Edenborough?. Still alive and working for the Order, as far as we know. Holds a higher position in the Order. Said to have usually taken Bree's side in arguments with her father. Bree did not mention her for a long time after her dad's death, until telling the story of her religious discovery in "Losing My Religion." Also, in "How My Parents Met" Bree reveals her mother to be strong and opinionated, despite her submission to the Hymn of One and the Order. Quoted by Gemma's mother, as again quoted by Gemma, Bree's mother once silenced a famous professor by standing up and stating that "any bloke whose business it was to thwart the rights of an individual should be put down to sleep...like a dog."
2. Daniel's mom- Recovered alcoholic. Once spoke to Bree on the phone early on in the series. Neglectful parent.
3. Jonas's mom- Basically all we know about her is what we know about both Jonas's parents. Lost at sea, blahdy-blah-blah. (Getting bored of this, if you can't already guess).
4. Sarah & Taylor's mom- Favors Taylor and pressures her to place soccer above social relationships, such as her friendship with Sam. Protective of Taylor, though she fights with Sarah and allows her to run off to California to live with two boys? k. Hits on Jonas. Resembles a troll with pink pigtails.
5. Lucy- Well, yeah.
6. Alex- Just go read LGPedia, jeeze.

I'm bored and I don't remember why I began this post.

Applause
That must have been terribly boring.
But it really helps!

Quote:
Resembles a troll with pink pigtails.

ROFLMAO!

That's the Hymn of One,
singing for you to be happy.
watching_watchers
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if theres gonna be a video today since its the 4th of July. =/
Hooray for Orange Slurpees!
Go to my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/xshibbiex
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeesh so many Daddy issues!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahaha, glad you guys enjoyed it since I spend so much time looking up things on LGPedia. XD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: