Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Again, canon or not?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeepBlueRug
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Again, canon or not? Reply with quote

I think the recent discoveries have warrented a new post on this topic. I might just be getting frustrated by this site, but I get the feeling that thought and opinions are trying to be swayed by the Admins and others.

If CIW isn't really a LG15 production, do we need LG15 Admins (in any way) steering the Cassieiswatching discussion? I know I might get booted for saying this, but is this forum really in the best interest of Cassie or Cassieiswatching fans? Seriously, this is my honest opinion.
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally respect your opinion, and perhaps I am incorrect in my assessment of what you said.

The moderators of the Cassie forums were specifically picked because of their experience and desire to do so. They (or, I guess, just twjaniak now) have always expressed interest in this topic and believe fully in Cassie and her existence. Sure, you might want a moderator who is objective to your opinion, but wouldn't you rather have one who agrees with you?

I hope I didn't just make a fool of myself. But if so, I might as well go out in style. Cool

BTW, awesome moderating, twjaniak!

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
toadlguy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flautapantera -

I was going to say essentially the same thing - but didn't want to get into another flame war (EDIT: well not exactly flame war - more like he said she said) . I also think there is adifference between the moderating of this forum and the rest (not to say neccessarily better, but different). It also is possible, that at this point we may NEED some direction.
DeepBlueRug
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flautapantera wrote:
I totally respect your opinion, and perhaps I am incorrect in my assessment of what you said.

The moderators of the Cassie forums were specifically picked because of their experience and desire to do so. They (or, I guess, just twjaniak now) have always expressed interest in this topic and believe fully in Cassie and her existence. Sure, you might want a moderator who is objective to your opinion, but wouldn't you rather have one who agrees with you?

I hope I didn't just make a fool of myself. But if so, I might as well go out in style. Cool

BTW, awesome moderating, twjaniak!

I'm not trying to call out the CIW moderators, it's just that as a YTCassie fan, I feel that this forum (as in a whole) lends itself to propoganda that doesn't necessarily help our "cause". I read a lot of things that make me wonder if we're not fighting two fronts here.
toadlguy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Kelrast, we ARE fighting two fronts here (without the Game Jackers and Evil Moderators) - now it really gets interesting.
Jana4
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New-ish forums always seem over-moderated, and they are. It just takes a little while for the novelty to wear off and one too many threads like this one for it to start feeling comfortable. I give it 3-4 weeks and everything will be great Surprised It takes awhile to realize what will and won't be abrasive to the crowd, and what is just a little too much. In the beginning, everyone is always just a little over-zealous.
vertigo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toadlguy wrote:
According to Kelrast, we ARE fighting two fronts here (without the Game Jackers and Evil Moderators) - now it really gets interesting.

Ohhh I missed that, sounds intersting!

Could you elaborate, please??
toadlguy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vertigo wrote:

Ohhh I missed that, sounds intersting!

Could you elaborate, please??

Do a search for Kelrast - he made 2 new posts since the help with the poem (and it's seeming confirmation)
Morgan
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My theory:

I think the original mods adamantly love the surface of LG15, overlooking all the clues and speculation. They love to view Bree's life of innocence and purity because it's an escape.

So they hated Cassie and the horror aspect of the series, so they moved it in hopes it wasn't true.

As more and more time passed, they all quieted down because Bree and Daniel were proving that indeed there is more plot than "proving science wrong", puppet shows and baking cookies. Uh oh, trouble in paradise.

Even if CIW isn't canon, there's still a weird religion on our hands, still a Cassie in the story, and there is still a conflict.

Although insisting that CIW has NOTHING to do with lg15 and is purely fan creation is quite silly at this point in time, in my opinion.

=p

<3 Danielbeast <3
Zoolomaier
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A glass eye in a ducks ass could see the truth...

of course it is.
DeepBlueRug
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is, I'm a Cassieiswatching fan and will not buy a Daniel action figure, no matter how far down my throat it is. LOL
toadlguy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We CiW fans are a tough lot Twisted Evil
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. Wink

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
juliangrimm
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, My two cents is this:

1) If you think CiW is fanfiction I would liek to sell you a bridge...

2) Too many whiners popped up at Cassie's second video ruining the fun for many (myslef included).

3) I don't like the nanny-state worries that pop up over banning discussions of a certain murderer nor see the need for said nanny-state to warn people off the house that is used for the set that happen to be one of th creators houses. (here's a hint, don't want people showing up don't film it)

4) Gamejacker or not the narrow minded look at MScassie is appalling

5) There are other CiW forums without the nanny-state...see my sig for the location.
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juliangrimm wrote:
Ok, My two cents is this:

1) If you think CiW is fanfiction I would liek to sell you a bridge...

2) Too many whiners popped up at Cassie's second video ruining the fun for many (myslef included).

3) I don't like the nanny-state worries that pop up over banning discussions of a certain murderer nor see the need for said nanny-state to warn people off the house that is used for the set that happen to be one of th creators houses. (here's a hint, don't want people showing up don't film it)

4) Gamejacker or not the narrow minded look at MScassie is appalling

5) There are other CiW forums without the nanny-state...see my sig for the location.

I agree 100 percent with your first four points, but feel we should stick it out here, for da children.

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: