Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fantasy Football?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Fantasy Football? Reply with quote

Hey all,

I know that this site probably isn't a hotbed of sports fans, but after getting interest from a couple of people in chat, I've decided to make a post seeing if there is any interest in starting an LG15 fantasy football league for the upcoming season.

If we can get 8 or so people to join, I think that it would be a lot of fun - there are already 3-4 people in chat who said they'd be interested, so we just need a few more.

If you're game, just reply to this thread or send me a PM.
kelseygirl15
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in!
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might just do it! I dunno, I'd prolly be really awful. But yeah, why not?
kelseygirl15
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOIN US!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOGFw7T2iD8
Dejajeva
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brady Quinn and Peyton Manning, here I come.
BlogGirl14
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im interested in the sport in gym I was a really good catcher and the gym teacher put me with this girl that throws really hard it hurt your arms because I catch really good! =]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..."Just because I'm a Bills fan, doesn't mean that I'm gonna choose them. I wanna win!"

Bwah!! Laughing

Dare I say it? Brady/Moss, FTW! Eh, I dunno. I know next to nothing about Fantasy Football. I'd probably get my ass handed to me.
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirage wrote:
..."Just because I'm a Bills fan, doesn't mean that I'm gonna choose them. I wanna win!"

Bwah!! Laughing

Dare I say it? Brady/Moss, FTW! Eh, I dunno. I know next to nothing about Fantasy Football. I'd probably get my ass handed to me.

Well, basically, you draft a team of offensive players (usually, you start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, a kicker, and a team defense/special teams unit). You draft roughly twice the number of players than you start in any given week, though, so you can choose to bench or play certain players based on their matchup that week, etc...

Then, your team accumulates points based on the statistics (yards, touchdowns, etc...) that the individual players rack up in their games that week. Each week, you go head-to-head against another player - the person whose team scores more points for that week wins the match. At the end of the regular season, there are fantasy playoffs for the people who have the best record.

Sound like fun?

I'll post specific rules for the league once we get it started up. If people want to amend those rules, we can talk that over if/when it comes up.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted in the other thread, but I'm in if ya want me...
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
I posted in the other thread, but I'm in if ya want me...

Definitely.
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG wrote:

Well, basically, you draft a team of offensive players (usually, you start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, a kicker, and a team defense/special teams unit). You draft roughly twice the number of players than you start in any given week, though, so you can choose to bench or play certain players based on their matchup that week, etc...

Then, your team accumulates points based on the statistics (yards, touchdowns, etc...) that the individual players rack up in their games that week. Each week, you go head-to-head against another player - the person whose team scores more points for that week wins the match. At the end of the regular season, there are fantasy playoffs for the people who have the best record.

Sound like fun?

I'll post specific rules for the league once we get it started up. If people want to amend those rules, we can talk that over if/when it comes up.

Thanks TOSG! Especially for explaining nice and simple for me. I've just got a couple of questions:

What if, say, your head TE has a bye, but your backup TE is out with an injury? Do you just not get someone for that position (automatic zero points?)?

How does draft work? Is it a lottery if say, 3 different people want Peyton Manning?

Like I said, I'm probably going to suck, hard. But it sounds like fun. Count me in!
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirage wrote:

What if, say, your head TE has a bye, but your backup TE is out with an injury? Do you just not get someone for that position (automatic zero points?)?

If something like that comes up, you can pick up another TE from the "waiver wire" (a pool of all players who are not on someone else's team) to play that week. Because you only have a certain number of spots on your roster, you have to be selective about doing this, though.

Quote:

How does draft work? Is it a lottery if say, 3 different people want Peyton Manning?

The draft works rather like the NFL draft. There's a draft order (we'll probably assign the order randomly), and people make their picks in that order. To keep things even, in each round of the draft, the order reverses (so that whoever picked first in the first round picks last in the second round, and vica versa, and so on).

Quote:

Like I said, I'm probably going to suck, hard. But it sounds like fun. Count me in!

Awesome! Glad to have ya. Just let me know (here or by PM) if you have any more questions. And there are websites (Yahoo and ESPN are both good) with lots of articles about strategy, etc...
LesterG
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are ya'll playing? I might want to jump in if I can, but if not I want to cheer on ppl lol
HoOBS
Haku, Seraph Monk "upgrades"
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LesterG wrote:
Where are ya'll playing? I might want to jump in if I can, but if not I want to cheer on ppl lol

I'm not sure - probably on either ESPN, Yahoo, or CBS Sportsline. I have no strong feelings on the matter (so, if someone else does, speak up!).

It'd be awesome to have you.
Mirage
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So so far it's:

TOSG
Kelsey
Dejadeja (?)
Me
BK
Lester (?)
Cloud (Yay!)

Plus the people you said in chat(3-4), right?

Last edited by Mirage on Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Off the Cuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: