Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About sisters
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: About sisters Reply with quote

Taylor, I think you're great, but the way you go on about Sarah being a slut is a bit much.
Sure, she can be pretty slutty, but being as she's your flesh and blood, it's not too nice to announce that on the Internet for all to see. (Even if she's announcing it in different ways.)

So let's feel the sisterly looooove. And if you're not getting any sisterly love from Sarah (as seems to be the case) we can be sisters!
galatea024
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that gets to me the most is that women are the ones who degrade each other so much... if we weren't going around putting each other down and calling one another whores and sluts than we wouldn't perceive it to be that way as much... and just because she flirts with a couple guys and talks about sex and has had sex doesn't mean she is slut - just wait til college hunnie, and you get that one roommate...

also - be careful with the words you chose, they end up hurting you in the end.
uber_cast
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it is just a California thing but here is is not uncommon for a friend to call another one of her friends a "slut" in a playful manner or to describe her action. I mean it is not really that big a deal.
Esteed
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not uncommon here in Delaware either, but there's a big difference between doing it in a friendly manner, "I can't believe you saw that movie before I did, you slut!" and doing it in an insulting manner, "God, you are such a slut!" The difference is that in the first one, it's just a word without any actual heartfelt intent behind it. The second one, though, is a judgmental statement with direct intent to insult the person being referred to.

Proud member of the Sarah Fan Club.
hockeygurl
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh, I think bitch and slut are degrading words to use on each other, no matter what's behind them. just what i think...

Yep, that's Taylor of course! Very Happy
cittiecait
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh come on guys... they are sisters they love each other, its normal for them to call each other names... i'd be worried if they didnt!!!
galatea024
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is normal for sisters to call one another names and such - but bitch and slut and whore are not something I could call my sistter - especially publicly! It just is so rude and hurtful... and degrading.
cittiecait
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah but you and your sister arent taylor and sarah are you... each to their own as i always say
galatea024
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know any other people who would do that to a sister... maybe i am just sheltered, but when you sign on to watch a video and you see a couple of seemingly normal people living a pretty okay life and that is what the other calls someone, when completely unprovoked... it just felt like it was way out of left field- and I understand that each family unit is different, i guess I just like to think that the majority of people are moral and kind.
cittiecait
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still consider taylor moral and kind even though she has called her sister a slut. it would only be an issue if sarah felt it unfair. sarah is open about her sexuality and is aware that her younger sister feels that it isn't the way she'd be but thats the thing, taylor is the younger sister and in that sense is more suseptable to the current sociological trend to call her sister what has really become a slang name with less of an effect than it may have a few years ago.
galatea024
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not saying she wasn't a moral or kind person, but that kind of benavior and choice was neither morally thought out or kind... and it can offend others who hear it being said, not just the person it was intended to be said to.
hockeygurl
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I wasn't referring only to Taylor and Sarah when I made my comment. I was referring to us all --> accepting being called a bitch or a slut by anyone shouldn't be okay for any of us.

Shame on you

words are powerful.

and since I'm sounding like a commercial, I'm just gonna leave it at that. Rolling Eyes

Yep, that's Taylor of course! Very Happy
galatea024
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hockeygurl wrote:
Actually, I wasn't referring only to Taylor and Sarah when I made my comment. I was referring to us all --> accepting being called a bitch or a slut by anyone shouldn't be okay for any of us.

Shame on you

words are powerful.

and since I'm sounding like a commercial, I'm just gonna leave it at that. Rolling Eyes

I totally agree!
cittiecait
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally i dont use wordslike slut etc alot myself but you can't be condescending of a sisters relationship because you think that what they say is not morally thought out.surely if you are truely upset about the language you can "complain" somewhere else if ya get me?
galatea024
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really 'get you' about complaining somewhere else since this post started here as someone else talking to taylor about what she said about her sister.

I am not being condescending of their relationship either, I am saying the words taylor used, I as a viewer (and I guess a few others), found shocking and surprising, and we wanted to see why taylor would go as far as to say that, as well as share our thoughts on it.

Everyone has different vocabularies and ways of expressing their thoughts and emotions, and we hadn't really heard Taylor go as far as to say THAT about her sister, it makes me think about all the possibilites of why she would say that, as well as wonder how taylor might be feeling, by asking the queastion here and telling her how it made some of us react, Taylor might tell us and it could lead to more development in the story and more information on Taylor... and since Taylor has decided to 'vlog her opinons and thoughts' onto the internet, and open 'her life' up to us we all react, and here is a place where that reaction and questions on why she would say that can go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Taylor Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: