Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Popular Myths Spread By Trolls
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

My favorite bit of troll disinformation is...
YouTube Cassie is the same as all the other cassies.
38%
 38%  [ 14 ]
YouTube Cassie has disavowed all clues
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
There is no such thing as a "gamejacker."
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Tarot cards are part of the game.
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 36

jammer
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Popular Myths Spread By Trolls Reply with quote

Let's face it, we have trolls. They try to plant false information in threads to derail our discussions. And, of course, they always pretend to be "innocently" wrong when they are caught. And then they try, try again - often with exactly the same piece of disinformation.

Here are what I have noticed are the most popular myths that trolls here among us try to spread:

1. YouTube Cassie is the same as all the other cassies. The troll's purpose here is to watch us waste our time analyzing garbage from people posing as Cassie.

2. YouTube Cassie has disavowed all clues. A troll will claim, falsely, that Cassie disavowed, say, the Bible page or the phone number, when really Cassie has done no such thing. The troll will even flatly (and falsely) say, "Cassie has denounced all of the clues she's given us." The troll's purpose is to make us doubt evidence that we rightly should have confidence in.

3. There is no such thing as a "gamejacker." The troll will say something like, "Personally, I find the idea of gamejackers pretty silly." The goal is to make us doubt the obvious - that gamejackers have in fact hobbled this ARG, almost killing at its start, in fact.

4. Tarot cards are part of the game. The troll will pretend not to know that Cassie has clearly disavowed all Tarot-related clues, and that only the imposter cassies were trying to sell Tarot cards.

Feel free to add your favorite bit of troll disinformation...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
DeepBlueRug
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite is not mentioned, though it's not about Cassie or LG15, it is "what do you think of Etchings?".
Sephern
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to say it, but Cassie has had to change and clarify her message a lot. I'm starting to think that Cassie is just playing with us. We waste our time because she has no life...Who knows, just watch, Cassie will be like "I saw Bree's videos on YouTube. Daniel, you're hot, you're a sexy beast! Let's save Bree and all be friends and make her jealous while I eat your face!!!" Lol.
brandoblues
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im starting to think cassie's pm are so amateur they are just making this stuff up as they are going along.

which isnt bad i guess, but leaves alot of room for people to make up stories they find feasible in the downtimes.

if anything i wish a good jacker would come along that doesnt totally suck to keep us busy in the meantime
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot All of the Above as an option. I don't play favorites. Smile
[04:03] <lyriclyinclined> with the exception of a bad apple pucker incident
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was funny at first, but could you stop making transparently-veiled posts dedicated solely to harassing me? I understand that I am an awesome person and am willing to accept as a natural consequence that people will become obsessed with me, but there are acceptable and unacceptable ways to express your obsession.

I predict this will turn into a pointless flamewar. Could a mod please lock this post?

Edit: Oh, and my favorite bit of troll disinformation is "Sfonzarelli is a troll trying to spread disinformation", because it has that brilliant ring of insanity yet is still rooted in feasibility.

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It was funny at first, but could you stop making transparently-veiled posts dedicated solely to harassing me? I understand that I am an awesome person and am willing to accept as a natural consequence that people will become obsessed with me, but there are acceptable and unacceptable ways to express your obsession.

Example:
Love ya! <3 (oh noes!1!! A less than three heart from myspace!)
jammer
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note to all-

PLEASE do not flame anyone.

This is not about any single person, but about the troll problem in general.

Let's keep it civil, and not take any flamebait.

Please DO post any additional popular troll myths you find relevant to this thread, however.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
bosquelito
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are you saying that we can't randomly poke at Sfonzarelli and whisper "Troll"

Razz J/K

So, one question arises --- no just for this game, but perhaps future games we all may run into: How do we spot a Troll?

I suppose this list Jammer started might be a good reference point that everyone interested community member might be wise to read. Is it enough?

I mean, they're not just gonna come appearing out from underneath the bridge and say "I'm going to fill your head with lies, oh, and eat your soul since you're trying to have fun". They're gonna get clever, especially amidst this complexity we're seeing here.

Not you, Sfonzarelli. We wouldn't ever think you're clever

Wink
soma
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jammer wrote:
Please DO post any additional popular troll myths you find relevant to this thread, however.

OK, you asked for it, I'll say it.

The worst bit of disinformation is the absurdity that Cassie's second video (or in other words, fifty percent of the videos she has done) had nothing to do with CHARLES MANSON.

The most idiotic thing I've seen is how it has been banned from discussion here to the point that the so-called moderation on this board is the most fascist and totalitarian moderation I have seen on any board ever.
bosquelito
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You haven't been over to www.thechildrenofanchorcove.com then have you?

Rolling Eyes
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soma wrote:
the so-called moderation on this board is the most fascist and totalitarian moderation I have seen on any board ever.

ROFL, reading this just made me snort my soda!
soma
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosquelito : Good point, but I meant ones 'I have seen'. When I tried to visit Anchor Cove, you had to sign up before even reading threads, so I haven't seen what is going on in their boards.

I'm sure more totalitarian boards exist, I'm just speaking of my own experience.

I think it's so silly because that is such a major clue and there is an absolute prohibition on even mentioning it, which is nuts since so much time is wasted on this board arguing over very small things, non-clues, idle speculations and so forth when we actually have major, real clues that we are not even allowed to talk about. It makes the whole thing surreal and a bit of a joke really.
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soma wrote:

I think it's so silly because that is such a major clue and there is an absolute prohibition on even mentioning it, which is nuts since so much time is wasted on this board arguing over very small things, non-clues, idle speculations and so forth when we actually have major, real clues that we are not even allowed to talk about. It makes the whole thing surreal and a bit of a joke really.

There really is no depth to the Charles Manson clue. There is nothing there worth discussing. The song Helter Skelter was chosen because of its references to playing on a slide (a hint towards the location of the Bible page.) The crime scene photos were chosen because they are a visual link to the song. The sites and the sounds have been a marriage made in pop culture hell for the last 28 years.
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soma wrote:
I think it's so silly because that is such a major clue

Major clue to what?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: