Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Irresponsible!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Irresponsible! Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
Taig wrote:
I mean at first I was thinking that this was probably the dumbest complaint/concern I had ever seen. Then of course I realized yo must be joking.

Regardless of whether the original poster was serious or sarcastic, please don't call anyone's posts or concerns dumb. Confused

Laughing I see you two are back to business as usual. What a relief. I feared that other thread had created a rift in the spacetime continuum that could never be restored.

And on the US west coast - it's definitely click/it - tick/it, but we do have a tendency to slaughter the language out here.
silverblue
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirlreturn wrote:
Do you guys think both words need to have the same last two letters ie: both "et" or both "it"?..because they don't have to fyi.

Yes, I was aware of that.

I'm quite sure that the doctors, surgeons, nurses, and ambulance officers that I know and work with would argue that seatbelts are much, much more likely to save you from serious injury or death than to cause it...

Matsie, do you believe that currently illegal drugs should be legal then?
Taig
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you are saying she wasn't joking?

wow....whoops
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silverblue wrote:
Wow. What has that got to do with anything?

I like the whole "Click it or ticket" slogan. It rhymes. It's catchy. Where I'm from, they started trying to change it to something else that didn't rhyme. It was pretty lame.

I hear that 20% of people in the US ride without a seatbelt. That doesn't seem like a very representative statistic, though.

I don't think the fact that Taylor wasn't wearing a seatbelt in one video is that big a deal.
silverblue
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

consideration wrote:
silverblue wrote:
Wow. What has that got to do with anything?

Sorry, forgot to quote. My question was a response to Matsie:
Quote:
It should be a choice whether you wish to keep your body safe or not, the government should not control your body. Your body is your biggest asset and your most important piece of property. What you choose to do with that property is up to you as long as it does not infringe on the property rights of others (e.g. harm another person's body).

Don't worry about it though... Probably too off-topic. Though sometimes it's really hard to tell around here.
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silverblue wrote:
Though sometimes it's really hard to tell around here.
Amen to that.
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matsie wrote:
It should be a choice whether you wish to keep your body safe or not, the government should not control your body. Your body is your biggest asset and your most important piece of property. What you choose to do with that property is up to you as long as it does not infringe on the property rights of others (e.g. harm another person's body).

agreed.

the problem with seatbelts is when you have people driving around with no healthcare or insurance and fly out the windshield and end up getting free government healthcare (or medicaid or whatever your country has) -- that does impinge on everyone else. so, requiring people to wear a seatbelt is necessary until people can opt out of getting any government assistance for their dumb actions. i am sure a more fervent liberatarian than i could explain the dilemma i'm babbling about.

and taig -- i'm not going to kidnap a young teen girl because i saw bree do it, but i may be slightly and subconsciously more likely t oforget to buckle up now so i can be cool like T-girl.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry...I don't really get this whole thread and I really didn't get why people seemed to think those words didn't rhyme. I won't even get started on what I think about the other "issues".
hockeygurl
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone would be happy if the next time they do a vlog from the car they make a point to ALL buckle their seatbelts.

Laughing

We'd laugh but we'd also know our point was heard.

Yep, that's Taylor of course! Very Happy
Samara
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was completely serious, people.

While I agree that the government should keep their noses out of our business, the fact remains that seatbelts DO reduce injury and prevent death, which in turn reduces the ultimate costs should an accident occur. It's common sense. Personally, I can't stand wearing a seatbelt. I hate them. But I wear them anyway.

I'm sorry, I'm really big on helmets and seatbelts. My husband nearly died (right before we got married) in a collision when a young man who was distracted by his girlfriend crawling over to the back seat...ran right into my hsband on his motorcycle. He flew over the top of the car and broke just about everything on the left side of his body. If he weren't wearing a helmet, his brains would have been all over the asphalt.

My husband is disabled now because a young girl threw off her seatbelt and crawled over a seat to get her purse. It may have seemed innocent, but it was irresponsible and has changed our lives completely. I won't even go into the nightmare that followed it. Let's just say that seatbelts are there for a reason, and they should be used.

And yeah...I do think it's irresponsible.

But then, the C's are having underage drinking, too...so what the hell? What's a little neglectful seatbelt action, too?
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samara wrote:

But then, the C's are having underage drinking, too...so what the hell? What's a little neglectful seatbelt action, too?

Oh no, not underage drinking!
Esteed
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samara wrote:
I was completely serious, people.

While I agree that the government should keep their noses out of our business, the fact remains that seatbelts DO reduce injury and prevent death, which in turn reduces the ultimate costs should an accident occur. It's common sense. Personally, I can't stand wearing a seatbelt. I hate them. But I wear them anyway.

I'm sorry, I'm really big on helmets and seatbelts. My husband nearly died (right before we got married) in a collision when a young man who was distracted by his girlfriend crawling over to the back seat...ran right into my hsband on his motorcycle. He flew over the top of the car and broke just about everything on the left side of his body. If he weren't wearing a helmet, his brains would have been all over the asphalt.

My husband is disabled now because a young girl threw off her seatbelt and crawled over a seat to get her purse. It may have seemed innocent, but it was irresponsible and has changed our lives completely. I won't even go into the nightmare that followed it. Let's just say that seatbelts are there for a reason, and they should be used.

And yeah...I do think it's irresponsible.

This is a story. Fiction. The creation of a group of people's imaginations. These imaginings are not under any obligation to fit in with anyone's moral standards unless the creators want it to.

What happened to your husband was horrible. That girl was irresponsible and it cost you both dearly. I feel for you. But that doesn't mean the Creators are any more obligated to make their story conform to any moral standards save those they want it to conform to.

Proud member of the Sarah Fan Club.
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esteed wrote:
What happened to your husband was horrible. That girl was irresponsible and it cost you both dearly. I feel for you. But that doesn't mean the Creators are any more obligated to make their story conform to any moral standards save those they want it to conform to.

well, they could also make bree, or now taylor, a prostitute who sells her body for drugs. but the fans would go crazy. maybe seatbelts aren't a big deal to everyone, but samara's complaint is no less legitimate, whether the creators listen or not.
Esteed
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying her concern isn't legitimate, but there is a difference between blatantly out of character behavior (the aforementioned prostitute example) and behavior that's fairly typical for the age group. And the fact still remains that it is not the responsibility of the storyteller to be the moral police. A writer shouldn't have to teach any lessons in his or her writing. An artist shouldn't have to demonstrate some grand philosophical concept through a sketch. If they want to, hey, more power to them, but expecting it of them is unfair.

Proud member of the Sarah Fan Club.
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esteed wrote:
I'm not saying her concern isn't legitimate, but there is a difference between blatantly out of character behavior (the aforementioned prostitute example) and behavior that's fairly typical for the age group. And the fact still remains that it is not the responsibility of the storyteller to be the moral police. A writer shouldn't have to teach any lessons in his or her writing. An artist shouldn't have to demonstrate some grand philosophical concept through a sketch. If they want to, hey, more power to them, but expecting it of them is unfair.

we aren't really in disagreement - its all the Creators baby. but whether intended or not, everything an artist creates conveys values or concepts to the viewer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: