Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gilman's Papers (Spencer, please read!)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
danielbeast
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Gilman's Papers (Spencer, please read!) Reply with quote

So yesterday was pretty eventful. Things have been a little weird between Sarah and I since her "stay away from me you clingy beast" vid. Girls. Can't live with 'em... can't live without 'em. Anyway, after you all figured out the clue from Bree's last HoO (i.e., the yacht club) we made a plan to go there... with or without Jonas & Taylor. As much as they wanted to be there with us, they just couldn't make it back in time.

As much as I don't want to admit it, if it weren't for Sarah, we'd of never found that box. I sure didn't notice that rope. But I'm basically speechless as to what happened next. I don't understand how it happened. Our first new lead in days and it goes straight into the water. I know she didn't mean to, but man what a moron. Ok, moving on....

We rescued the papers, but we can't really decipher them. There was, however, a note to Spencer that didn't fall in. It's from his dad and I thought he'd want to see it. I know I would.

Spencer, if you're reading this, please help us. You're all we've got.

TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a transcript for everyone who - like me - had some trouble with the handwriting.

Quote:

December 15, 2006

I hope this letter finds its way to you, Spencer.

If so...then sorry about the legibility (or lack thereof) of my handwriting. Like doctors, scientists achieve diminishing returns when it comes to penmanship. Especially after one has passed the age of 50! That said, your reading this letter means that something dire has happened. In particular, the type of research I have been conducting has been in question. And my life has been - to put it delicately - compromised.

I have many more letters attached to this that should explain why, but for now, I just wanted to write down some memories, some final thoughts. It was beneficial for me to write them down because - frankly - I needed to clear my head with a little happiness. So, without further ado:

1: 1989 - Spencer, age 4. I took you to see Batman and you dug your face into my armpit when Jack Nicholson's "(?) teeth" flew out of his mouth after being hit by Michael Keaton;

2: 1991 - Spencer, age 5 3/4. I had to pick you up early from school after you told the school nurse that your stomach was experiencing "reverse peristalsis;"

3: 1996 - Spencer, age 11. Our last vacation with Mom. Florida was too humid. But it was great to be together;

4: 2001 - Spencer, age 16. Dropping you off for your first week at UCSD. Proud doesn't even begin to describe how I felt/feel.

A lot of other thoughts are rolling in my head right now, and if I weren't running against time, I'd write them all down.

My focus, instead, is to share with you a discovery (ensuing pages) that will help a girl named Bree (next page).

All of this will make sense to you as a scientist. Why I decided to help her and her father? Well...that will eventually make sense to you as a moral person.

In closing...it's not in me to end any letter on an emotional note. But, today, I'll try my best, so bear with me.

Besides you and Mom, science was my love. These letters reveal a lot of my research. And I would only entrust what I love with whom I love most.

Goodbye, Spencer.

- Dad

BrightSilence
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must have at least something left from the parts that fell in the water. This was the hard evidence. It gets me so freaking mad that it has gone to waste. Is there anything at all?

Careless doesn't begin to describe what Sarah did. She probably didn't mean for this to happen, but she screwed up big time this time. Sometimes she can be an elefant in a glass house...

Also I would like to note that this letter doesn't really seem to add up. He speaks about not having time to write this, but still mentions his 'memories'. I'm just saying that there is a high chance there is some code in there aswell. After all he did work with Bree's dad in the time he came up with a code for her.

You were right to post this here Daniel, we'll get cracking at it. In the mean time, did you contact Spencer about this yet?This outa get him on board with you guys!
Absynth
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrightSilence wrote:
I'm just saying that there is a high chance there is some code in there aswell. After all he did work with Bree's dad in the time he came up with a code for her.

Beast,

I was thinking the exact same thing when I read the letter earlier.Now that I read the transcription of it, the numbers stand out the most to me. I looks like a combination to me. Maybe we should try to contact Spencer and find out if there is something he knows of that would require a combination. I will try sending him an email just in case, but no doubt he is paying attention to the videos by now.

ETA: re-reading this i dont know if its a combination anymore, I noticed the 3/4 and I dont know any locks that have fractions on them... Sad
One of the Cloudmakers
http://www.cloudmakers.org/guide/index3.shtml
Currently trying to crack the Publius Enigma

Last edited by Absynth on Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
psychobunnie
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG wrote:
1: 1989 - Spencer, age 4. I took you to see Batman and you dug your face into my armpit when Jack Nicholson's "(?) teeth" flew out of his mouth after being hit by Michael Keaton;

it says "chatter teeth".
BrightSilence
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absynth wrote:
ETA: re-reading this i dont know if its a combination anymore, I noticed the 3/4 and I dont know any locks that have fractions on them... Sad
It doesn't have to be a fraction, it might just be there to make the 'combination' fit.

Seeing as it's the only age hes was more specific about. Who talks about someone who is 5 3/4 years old. And why mention both the years and his age, seems a bit strange to me...

I'm convinced it's in the numbers...
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that puzzles me is how Spencer is ever going to see this letter. As you point out, Daniel, you have no way of knowing Spencer is even reading anything here.

Unless, of course, someone sends him the information.
Hallows
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you list out the age's numbers you got 504 534 1116...which, after looking it up is an area code for Eastern Louisiana...so, that's probably nothing...ah well, worth a look
Absynth
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallows wrote:
If you list out the age's numbers you got 504 534 1116...which, after looking it up is an area code for Eastern Louisiana...so, that's probably nothing...ah well, worth a look

didnt work Sad I got the operator message were sorry your call cannot be completed as dialed. please check the number and dial again.

ETA: nice find tho!! I didnt even pay attention to the 50 in the beginning
One of the Cloudmakers
http://www.cloudmakers.org/guide/index3.shtml
Currently trying to crack the Publius Enigma

Last edited by Absynth on Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hallows
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absynth wrote:

didnt work Sad I got the operator message were sorry your call cannot be completed as dialed. please check the number and dial again.

Ho hum...on to the next theory, whatever that may be! Smile
mugglemagsUK
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG wrote:
Here's a transcript for everyone who - like me - had some trouble with the handwriting.

Quote:

December 15, 2006

I hope this letter finds its way to you, Spencer.

If so...then sorry about the legibility (or lack thereof) of my handwriting. Like doctors, scientists achieve diminishing returns when it comes to penmanship. Especially after one has passed the age of 50! That said, your reading this letter means that something dire has happened. In particular, the type of research I have been conducting has been in question. And my life has been - to put it delicately - compromised.

I have many more letters attached to this that should explain why, but for now, I just wanted to write down some memories, some final thoughts. It was beneficial for me to write them down because - frankly - I needed to clear my head with a little happiness. So, without further ado:

2: 1991 - Spencer, age 5 3/4. I had to pick you up early from school after you told the school nurse that your stomach was experiencing "reverse peristalsis;"

3: 1996 - Spencer, age 11. Our last vacation with Mom. Florida was too humid. But it was great to be together;

4: 2001 - Spencer, age 16. Dropping you off for your first week at UCSD. Proud doesn't even begin to describe how I felt/feel.

A lot of other thoughts are rolling in my head right now, and if I weren't running against time, I'd write them all down.

My focus, instead, is to share with you a discovery (ensuing pages) that will help a girl named Bree (next page).

All of this will make sense to you as a scientist. Why I decided to help her and her father? Well...that will eventually make sense to you as a moral person.

In closing...it's not in me to end any letter on an emotional note. But, today, I'll try my best, so bear with me.

Besides you and Mom, science was my love. These letters reveal a lot of my research. And I would only entrust what I love with whom I love most.

Goodbye, Spencer.

- Dad

Thanks for posting, I wish I'd seen it before I spent 10 minutes squinting at the handwriting!

Mags
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absynth wrote:
Hallows wrote:

ETA: nice find tho!! I didnt even pay attention to the 50 in the beginning

Haha, I tried that earlier also. Laughing
iampenguin
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, Dan: Stop picking on Sarah. It was an accident and she was only trying to help. Besides, I can name a few times where you screwed up yourself >/

Any way, on to the clue-solving...

I noticed that he underlined moral person and scientist. Maybe they hold some more information than we're giving credit for?
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope Spencer reads this. Are you sure you can't make anything out of the rest of the papers, Daniel? Maybe you should post them too; we might be able to make something out of it.
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt there's any significance to this, but it's interesting how "reverse peristalsis" is in print rather than script, like the rest of the message.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Beast Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: