Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You guys should probably pay attention to this post
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
curiousGeorge
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here we go...

I agree with you Taig that things have been really bad for a long time now and we ALL need some resolution here. I perfectly understand your points about having invested so much time in this and wanting some kind of ROI.

Mesh is flying "solo" now, IMHO. Although he was part of the problem that created this mess, he has now inherited the whole enchilada. His lead actress is MIA, the plot is a mess, the characters are all over the map. Tough Stuff. Would you like to have this gig?

I think that we should try and give him the benefit of the doubt for a period of time and see how he can dig himself out of all of these holes. I am not even sure that it is possible to fix this thing at this point. Without Jess, he can't even do the trite "She wakes up from a dream in her room and the plot problems evaporate scenario".

I am not a patient monkey, but I am willing to give him a shot.
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have faith in Mesh.

------

Terryfic, former admin of this forum (two generations removed from Broken Kid), has returned to Anchor Cove recently after a long break from watching lg15 and reports that he thinks he has fallen in love with the show again. I'll leave the details of why and when to come out when he posts them.
Taig
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really hope they can find a way out of the briar patch Br'er Monkey and Br'er Milo.

Really, I do.

and no CG I would not want the gig. I can't help wondering how that went down.

(yeah I know there was no Br'er Monkey...but there weren't no Br'er Milo "niether")
curiousGeorge
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taig, I don't think it is that hard to figure out. Read the posts above about commercial potential of KM vs. the lone sponsor for LG. They are putting their "resources" where the cash is.

The good news: LG15 got the "best" of the resources they have. I am optimistic that good will come of this if we are patient...
commonjoe
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: hire the cove as the new writers Reply with quote

Hire the cove as the new assistant writers.

Seriously, Give them two weeks to make plans. Fill in the plot holes and make a way forward. It may be harsh, but a change of direction may be what it needs.
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taig, i really do dislike you and normally despise every post you make, and i know it goes both ways but this one was one of the best i have seen in the whole forum

thank you for posting it coz it is pretty much what pisses me off about lg15 and i didnt know how to say it, if this plot doesnt go somewhere sometime soon i might have to stop watching all together

why do the creators think they can constantly post dead ends videos for a few days, not post one for a few days, post a few more, none for a few days etc etc etc
either us fans are really loyal or really stupid, and i think if the creators dont start making some changes and do something good to the plot then more and more fans will stop watching

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile

Last edited by iamcool on Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want a couple questions answered. Just a few. Please?
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a question of filling plot holes.

If you had all the answers, the story would be over. It's really more a question of style and technique. LG15 is a serial centered around a revealing mystery. This whole recent trait positive reveal is huge.

Given Facts:
1) Bree's blood contains a special ribozyme mutated and unique only to her
2) The gene for said ribozyme has a regulartory hyper mutation that changes with every generation.
3) A non-functioning mutated ribozyme exists and manifests differently in every Hymn of One girl
4) This portion still functions but you cannot block it because the complementary strand of RNA won't copy

I'm not sure what that all means but it suggests why Bree is unique and of special interest to the Order. Could/should this have been revealed sooner? Probably but maybe they really wanted to make sure this was the direction they wanted to go. Think about it- if the audience doesn't buy this explanation they for sure will jump ship.

Also consider that maybe some of these payoffs and revelations will now happen on KM rather than on LG15.
Taig
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"iamcool" the feeling is mutual I'm sure.

However, given the fact that we have successfully avoided each other for so long and that you really did take the high road in your post here (higher than otherwise expected by me) it is my obligation to extend my hand in the spirit of coalition.

The temporary suspension of our long-term and deep seated fued demonstrates the breadth and depth of the frustration and disappointment of the many fans who have held on to hope for so very long.

Síocháin

Slainte Josh

===============================================
Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything.”
Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
===============================================

P.S.
Immortal, no one is asking for "all the answers". You're right if we had all the answers what good would anything be. I have a few questions about you but I'm probably better off not asking them (j/k relax)
BrightSilence
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, as long as we arent being nice. I wouldn't give a crap if all the naggers left and stopped watching. It would make the experience for the people that do still enjoy the series much more peacefull.

So please stop saying you might have to leave and just do it. And yes, I know you start every post recently with the comment that saying this is nonsense and that you will stay anyway... However that doesn't really fit with "threatening to leave". So as long as that's going on, I'll be thinking you SHOULD leave.

Taig:
I'm not that easilly offended. I am however disapointed in you. Do you really think just complaining is as effective as constructive critisism?

I could go 2 ways now:
1. Your posts suck. You aren't thinking about what you say. Just stop posting. You're an idiot! (Please not that this is an example, not an actual attack)
2. If you try to explain what is wrong with certain elements of the story and offer solutions or give tips about what they should do it is far more likely the Creators will listen and act on it. If you are just bashing whatever they do without being constructive they are way more likely to set your message aside and continue the way they are going. Just thinking you are just nagging for no reason.

I would go the second way, because it would tell you what I think and how I think you could change for the better.

I liked that you mentioned working for a boss (trust me, I have done that Razz). Every time my boss would just get mad and yell at me without any constructive critisism I mainly ignored him. However if he had a usefull suggestion I would damn sure listen to the guy. Just my 2 cents.

Back at the discussion at hand. I'm not saying everything is going like it should. I actually agree on most of the points made in this discussion, however I don't consider it to be such a big deal. But then again I haven't been around as long as most of you are...
MikeZRed
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just figured out how to resolve everything quickly and easily...

Jonas apparently has a <expletive deleted>load of money, doesn't like the Order, and was snubbed by Bree when she went back to the Order without a word.

So turn him into a "rich eccentric." Jonas hires a man with a rifle. This means Bree dies so we no longer care what happens to her, the Ceremony is stopped, thus 'sticking-it' to the Order, and all the plot holes can be left open because the main plotline, the life of Bree, is resolved.

--

Now how's that for sophomoric?
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taig wrote:
P.S.
Immortal, no one is asking for "all the answers". You're right if we had all the answers what good would anything be. I have a few questions about you but I'm probably better off not asking them (j/k relax)

This kind of went over my head but if you're serious ask away, here or PM.
Taig
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Silence:

Please do not presume to give me an ultimatum.

My posts have been well worded and well thought out. If your comprehension was just a little bit better you would have noticed that I did not - I specifically did not - threaten anything.
==============================================
ok ok hold on here...there are about 5 more paragraphs that I chose to delete after some reflection. I just really don't want to get into this anymore. I said what I meant and I meant what I said.

oh but BTW I did save them in case they really need to be posted Wink

=========================================

I hope Mesh can pull this off. I mean it

As for the retorts and replies from those who don't agree with me...like I said: " save your breath". It has all been said before. It has been said about me, about the story, about complainers and whiners, fanwhankers and soft spoken pipsqueaks who want to know if we can't all "just get along" ...it has ALL been said before.

If you want an argument just go look it up in one f the hundreds of threads and thousands of posts already here on-line.

As for me? I think it is easy to find someone here that will tell you I'll stay here as long as I want to and say whatever I want to

pffffffttttt. geeze!
BrightSilence
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn man, chill out. Like I said in my PM to you, I didn't mean to offend you, the first option I gave wasn't the one I would go for. IT WAS AN EXAMPLE. But thanks for proving my point. I post 1 message that doesn't have anything usefull in it apart from bashing someone and look how you react... I'm just saying that that's what you get for non-constructive critisism.

And as a closing argument, you say everything I say has been said before... It really is not like you are telling anything new here either. People have been complaining for months about the same things, then don't expect to get a different reaction each time.

I'm pulling myself out of this argument now... No good can come of it, so I'll see you around in the happy places on the forum! We disagree here, that doesn't mean I dislike you.
RoseCrowley
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool

TTT:Granted, but the fairy takes your credit card instead of leaving money and gets like fifty lap dances w/ it.

Mawhahaha!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: