Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cassie Forums

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hodabes
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Cassie Forums Reply with quote

I think it would be wise to seperate the Cassie forums not by names of websites where the accounts are registered, but by confirmed and unconfirmed status.

First, because the forum for MySpace and eBay Cassie should include all non-confirmed Cassie information. Cassieiswatching.com is probably much more worthy of discussion than eBay Cassie, but you can't discuss it in that forum. It would be much easier to follow if all of the Cassie discussion was kept in two places instead of three, and likely lessen the complaints about threads being moved from the YouTube Cassie forum.

Second, a lot of Cassie discussion goes on in "Assorted Videos and Accounts," which should be reserved for other fan-created material, such as LonesomeOctober. It would open up more discussion about that kind of content if it wasn't mostly about CiW. The forum is for LG15 spinoffs, not CiW spinoffs.

Also, Cassie may at some point confirm a second resource (such as cassieiswatching.com, just as an example) and it wouldn't make sense then to call the forum "YouTube Cassie." I would suggest simply:

Cassie is Watching
Unconfirmed Cassie Accounts
LG15 Fan Videos

Something similar to that, anyway. I think it would solve a number of problems people have with those forums.
bosquelito
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like it might be reasonable. Here's a logistics question though.

Where would Etchings go at the moment; last I saw it was possibly tied in with cassieiswatching.com (maybe not, I may be a day behind on that)?
Hodabes
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would put Etchings in the unconfirmed Cassie forum, because it started with a video response to a Cassie video. Perhaps a better name would be "Cassie-Related Accounts" to make it a more obvious choice for fan-created spinoffs, as well as people claiming to be Cassie.
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hodabes wrote:
I would put Etchings in the unconfirmed Cassie forum, because it started with a video response to a Cassie video. Perhaps a better name would be "Cassie-Related Accounts" to make it a more obvious choice for fan-created spinoffs, as well as people claiming to be Cassie.

But then using your logic Cassie should go under the Cassie character section or the Swimming video because they started as responses to the Swimming video.

Call to Arms...Or Would That Be Feet? #54
http://one.revver.com/watch/156886/flv/affiliate/28541

There is No Ice Cream in the Champagne Room at the Ceremony #55
http://one.revver.com/watch/166473/flv/affiliate/28541

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hodabes
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordgreystoke422 wrote:
But then using your logic Cassie should go under the Cassie character section or the Swimming video because they started as responses to the Swimming video.

Not at all. The category "Other Videos and Accounts" is for fan-created material, which CiW is said to be. CiW is large enough to have its own specific forum, and confusing enough to require a second forum for its own spinoffs. One forum for the CiW videos and clues, and another for things inspired by it.

The third forum under the category is "Assorted Videos and Accounts", and is described as being for LG15 related videos and accounts. If CiW wasn't popular enough to warrant its own forum, it would be relegated to this one with all of the other fan-created material.

Etchings is nowhere near popular enough to have its own forum, so it has to go in one of two places: the forum for Cassie-related videos, or the forum for LG15-related videos. Etchings hasn't yet even mentioned LG15, and wouldn't exist without CiW, so which forum would you put it in?
lordgreystoke422
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd leave it right where it was..cause their clue was LAME....It looked like it was kinda well done..but then they threw it on the paper like a big friggin mess.

Call to Arms...Or Would That Be Feet? #54
http://one.revver.com/watch/156886/flv/affiliate/28541

There is No Ice Cream in the Champagne Room at the Ceremony #55
http://one.revver.com/watch/166473/flv/affiliate/28541

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Cassie Forums Reply with quote

hodabes wrote:
I think it would be wise to seperate the Cassie forums not by names of websites where the accounts are registered, but by confirmed and unconfirmed status.

Your wish is our command.
Hodabes
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, thanks. I see a lot of thread-movin' that needs doing now, so let me know if you get tired and I'll put on a pot of coffee.
Luv2Luvem
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the way you guys have divided the Cassie forums...if I had one compaint (and it's not even really that, but just a nuisance) it would be that when leaving one Cassie forum to go to another we automatically have to navigate through the whole LG forums to get back down to Cassie. I don't even know if there is a remedy for this, just my "suggestion." Laughing
Nos
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came here to back up Luv, with something I posted in chat...

I did have one more suggestion for the forums: Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Updates...It sucks to be looking through one sub forum and have to either click back or scrolls down the entire LG15 forum to get back to Cassie. So something like Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Cassieiswatching -> Updates would be cool, if it's possible

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

Everyone could use a free hug.
Hodabes
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might actually be a feature built-in to phpBB, just waiting to be activated from the admin control panel. Otherwise what you're looking for is a "breadcrumbs" plugin. Hope that helps.
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bookmark this link, and use it instead of the usual forums link. You can also give it a hotkey in your browser. Smile

http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/index.php?c=7
[04:03] <lyriclyinclined> with the exception of a bad apple pucker incident
Luv2Luvem
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravensgrace wrote:
Bookmark this link, and use it instead of the usual forums link. You can also give it a hotkey in your browser. Smile

http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/index.php?c=7

Good idea! Much faster.
Hodabes
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That link just hides the other forum information, and doesn't change the links at all. You still have to click back to the main index from any forum.
Luv2Luvem
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does, but if I have it in my url bar already, it's still faster than going through the whole other deal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: