Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kate Modern - "Fight and Flight" [07/16/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> KateModern: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedRevolver
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah. I wanted to see some sexy sexy actors and esses.

BUT NO!

There is always today though.

¬.¬

*who is we?*

Uhm...me...and...my other personalities?...=|...
VeiwerZane
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luminous wrote:
Onewen wrote:
watching_watchers wrote:
Onewen wrote:
I liked the video, too...it DID remind me of Cassie...eeeeeek! Shocked

No one is talking about possible clues/hints/puzzles and the like...are we thinking there is NOTHING more to this video than a display of her art??

It was just the first video. =/ I wouldn't think they would already have clues and crap.

aww rats...I thought someone said that there was going to be lots of hidden stuff right from the start! oh well...haha...will keep watching...I did like the vid, tho. Smile

I think there are clues in this video that may lead to something big. I suppose it's too early to speculate yet, but here's a short list:

two people fighting - maybe they were caught on camera and will come after Kate?
    Stick figure (reminiscent of Maddison Atkins) Man in black hat wearing shades then not wearing shades, then wearing shades takes the girls heart, throws it on the ground stomps on it, breaking it, then she turns it into wings and flys off.

I could get into analyzing other elements also, but I think it may be premature. I'd like to see more from Kate first. I wish I knew how to download vids from Bebo, I'd run this through my editing software to analyze it.
Definately id say that kates got something on her mind and shes expressing she wants to fly away from it all but she cant decide if she wants to stay and take it face on (fight) or fly away and let it all glide past her.(flight) Running away from problems.
sidewalkflight
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The title "Fight or Flight" is an excellent and clever into title. It foreshadows the decision is will have to make not unlike Bree; will she fight the Order, or run from it?

As for people being dissapointed... I'm not really sure what you guys expected. It's an intro piece. Remember how Bree's first 2 videos weren't blogs? Just testing out the waters. And it makes sense for Kate's first video to be an art piece- it segways into her begining to make videos. I'm sure within 1 or 2 videos we'll meet Kate and get into it, but don't expect to be jumping right into action and puzzles.

Also,
sarahmienwok wrote:
I was under the impression that the first episode was going to be called 'First Blog / Arc Repetition Prevails', as it says in the KM pedia:

http://www.lonelygirl15.com/lgpedia/index.php?title=List_of_KateModern_videos

Obviously not

I'm pretty certain that was somebody editing the wiki in a joking or mocking way. "Arc Repitition Prevails"? Pretty obvious it was a person poking fun at the fact that they expect this to be a LG carbon copy.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing how this turns out Smile I bet the next video will either be a second art piece, or a blog to thank people on their comments/explaining her piece.
sarahmienwok
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was one of the disappointed ones, but I've been thinking about it a bit more and I think you have a good point sidewalkflight, and someone said its like opening credits which I think is a kind of cool way to look at it. I think I was mainly disappointed in the fact that I'd been waiting all day and it was uploaded just before midnight, pretty much down to the last minute of the day it was meant to debut. I thought because it's an English spin-off it would air in our daytime and not the Americans daytime. I'm not making a regular habit of staying up/in till midnight to wait for a video.

As for the pigeons, they could be a nod to madison etc, im not disregarding that, but given the title has the word flight in it and it seems to be about flying away from her problems, then pigeons would be the easiest bird to capture on film in London, cos there are millions of them.
Laurin_B
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked it. We've all gotten so caught up in clues and puzzles and races to save that we've kind of forgotten why most of us got interested in LG in the first place--the people! This was a nice way to bring the focus back to the characters and to remind us that developing these characters as people we're invested in is the most important part of the story.
Also, the song rocked. I thought the way the lyrics coincided with certain images was very thoughtful--awesome!
I give it two P*Monkey thumbs up!
bebo.com/LaurinB myspace.com/laurin_b
CrzyStyx
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a really cool video. I liked it.

I don't like the production or whatever they are photos. They make it seem like it's going to be an online sitcom. All preppy and fake smiling.
VeiwerZane
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrzyStyx wrote:
It was a really cool video. I liked it.

I don't like the production or whatever they are photos. They make it seem like it's going to be an online sitcom. All preppy and fake smiling.
They are for kates art project as it says on charlies one.
Quote:
Kate's art project. I think my pics are the best!

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?PageNbr=1&MemberId=4267425489&PhotoAlbumId=4916936883&PhotoId=4916937037

I dobt they will go sitcom i got a more of a thriller CiW experience From it.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luminous wrote:
JustAnotherLonelyGirl. wrote:
Also, I find it peculiar that "Fight or Flight' is something Bree mentioned in one of the Mexico videos.

Wonder if that's a decision Kate is facing in her personal life? Fight or flight I mean.

Though people are bring up "fighting or flying" from the Order, I got the impression that this video implied a decision in a relationship. And, it appears she chose flight, though not in the sense of running away. Instead she chose to "fly" or, lift herself higher.
missmadness
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "mutant" pigeons are now taking over her page apparently..
VeiwerZane
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rofl the mod did it with the wrong character
milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sidewalkflight wrote:
The title "Fight or Flight" is an excellent and clever into title. It foreshadows the decision is will have to make not unlike Bree; will she fight the Order, or run from it?

actually, the video title is "Fight AND Flight." so, its a play on "fight or flight". does that mean she will have to fight AND flee?
VeiwerZane
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milowent wrote:
sidewalkflight wrote:

actually, the video title is "Fight AND Flight." so, its a play on "fight or flight". does that mean she will have to fight AND flee?
No the recording shows the 2 guys fighting and perhaps one ran off. But also it means she could of had a fight with a loved one and is now avoiding it? Or raiseing above it? Nice catch by the way
sidewalkflight
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milowent wrote:
sidewalkflight wrote:

Totally did not catch that.

Hm. I guess that changes my theory. But I still think it's for sure a foreshadowing.
nowherepixie
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaah cunning!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> KateModern: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: