Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0234 - "Mission Alpha" [7/17/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankenstein girl
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steavetheundead wrote:
does anyone else get the feeling that season 2 is gonna be all about Jonas and his parents? and their connection with the order and all that?
That's what I've been assuming.

This video was lame. =|
voyboy
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did everyone take this so seriously?
They were goofing around.
Spencer is already goofy so it just amplifies it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lixiz
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a very cute little filler.
Spencer is absolutely adorable in a very dorky way.

To everyone complaining about it: CHILL
They can't be serious all the time, and they can't quite take action just yet to stop the ceremony or take back Bree or anything.
This is just to lighten the mood a bit until the big day comes. Geez.
loobylou
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWN!

This was the WORST video ever.

Not just filler, but boring, stupid, embarrassing filler.

My friends think I'm sad enough for watching LG - if any of them saw this vid they'd think it was the biggest waste of time ever.

I'd rather have no vid at all than vids of this quality.

Creators - "Damn, we have a few days to fill before the 12 in 12, let's just fob off the fans with mindless guff!"

Do you sense my disappointment?
Rant over.
katiej88
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i organize my thoughts best in lists. so...

1. yeah i miss bree too. she'd better be back for the finale. (although i dont know how they'd do it without her...)
2. i thought this video was hilarious. god damn, some people are difficult to please. (I agree with Lixiz's "CHILL" above.)
3. i was kinda proud of Jonas in this video. He was obviously embarrassed by the situation, but i was glad he kept high-fiving Spencer. It seems like Jonas would have been the kind of jock kid who beat up Spencer in high school, so I was glad... ahem... when that didn't happen. Very Happy
4. yup, maxwell glick is overdoing the geekyness. In the first two videos he reminded me of my friend, but now he's gone overboard.
5. wtf is that on his nose? and why does he need it if he has a hat? and did you notice there was less and less of it as the video went on? it must have caked and fallen off. Very Happy
house
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that the Creators are pretty over-extended (what with Kate Modern and such), but...dayum'...when did they just stop caring about LG15? I feel like the Breeniverse is the ugly stephchild.

The problem isn't that this video is filler...who knows, it's possible that Jonas and the scoobies are going to need some physical prowess to rescue the princess during the ceremony. The problem is that the video was just lame. Spencer is a geek; we get it!!! Jonas is hot and fit; we get it---hell, we got it when he tried to deck the Watcher waaaaay back when.

When I first saw Spencer with his zinc oxide laden nose and big hat, I thought, incorrectly, that Daniel might have decided to take the scoobie crew to the swimming hole...you know which one I'm talking about? Smile I thought that they might use this time (the month between the ceremony and now) to revisit some locations that might jog memories or revive old information that is relevant (or old questions that need to be answered)...kind of like a reflective period before the shit goes down at the ceremony. But...no. Just Spencer and his random, Mr. Myagi style training...because, Jonas looks like he needs Spencer's advise on physical fitness. NOT!
CalientePocket
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

house wrote:

When I first saw Spencer with his zinc oxide laden nose and big hat, I thought, incorrectly, that Daniel might have decided to take the scoobie crew to the swimming hole...you know which one I'm talking about? Smile I thought that they might use this time (the month between the ceremony and now) to revisit some locations that might jog memories or revive old information that is relevant (or old questions that need to be answered)...kind of like a reflective period before the shit goes down at the ceremony.

That would have been excellent. I love it when stories come full circle.

I really hope that the Creators redeem themselves with the finale. I'm fairly forgiving of their meandering, but, dammit, they're coming down to the wire. There should be some kind of tension somewhere.
GawainsChallenge
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Spencer so reminds me of...myself. OK, now you're all scared of me... Razz

"Behold, sir, this is the blazon of the blemish that I bear on my neck; this is the sign of sore loss that I have suffered there for the cowardice and coveting that I came to there..."
rupaZer0
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my response to the video:

...eh...?

however, I think it's probably actually good, but not to my taste. I felt the same way watching this as I do watching critically aclaimed sitcoms like the office. Uncomfortable and pissed off.
Gidget
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really get the point of this vid at all, but I won't deny that I enjoyed it.

Mmmm... Jonas' arms.... I mean yeah, um....yeah.
garnet
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pointless. . . .
aboriginalgangster
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a distinct difference between a cool geek and a huge dorky geek. I liked Spencer at first but now I feel like he is a bad (and mildly offensive) caricature of a geek. WTG with the stereotypes, guys. He's practically Urkel. Geeks are NOT SOCIAL RETARDS, guys. You had the potential to make him a believable and relate-able geek that people like I could identify with, but instead it's like you're spitting in my face for even thinking that this was ever where you were going to take this character. Instead he's just another 2 dimensional character. This makes him LESS interesting. He could have been VERY interesting. He could have had a lot of depth. He could have been a GREAT character. But instead you took the easy route of making him into a very annoying stereotype. He's not just annoying because he's a stereotype, he's annoying because he's just so freaking annoying! It's almost like every time you cut for another take, someone screamed "MORE ANNOYING! CAN YOU BE MORE ANNOYING? THIS IS GOING TO BE GREAT!" He's not even funny. He's just pathetic.

I'm not going to blame this all on the creators. It's a possibility that they told the actor to take the character and make it his own, and that he took it the wrong way. But that's what direction is for. Ugh.

I feel alienated, and I'm sure I'm not alone. And seriously let down. The worst part is it makes ME (your audience!) feel like a loser because I identify as being a geek.

Grumble...

And stop fucking around. If there's less than a month to go before the ceremony, shouldn't you stop wasting what little time you have? You don't know how long it will take to make the serum. If you have a contact on the inside and claim you have access to the blood that you need, shouldn't you GET the blood and start knuckling down? Seriously, guys.
Marbella
Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved this video. I thought Spencer was adorable. I thought the video was really well done and funny. I am intrigued about how "Mission Alpha" and rock climbing is going to fit into the plan to save Bree. I really have nothing negative to say, which is unusual for me. Typically, I have a mixed reaction, but this video was fun.
*Daniel's Fan Club Founder
http://www.youtube.com/whitetigerdream
*My Books: http://www.laurapaxton.com/borderline.html
Marbella
Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also wanted to say that I don't think they're making fun of Spencer being a geek, but more appreciating "geek humor." I mean, I'm a nerd/geek to the max. I wasn't offended. I don't mind that I relate to Spencer more than any other character besides Bree. Anyway, it seems my opinion is unpopular based on what I've been reading on the board. Everyone seems to have a different perspective, and that's OK too, of course.
*Daniel's Fan Club Founder
http://www.youtube.com/whitetigerdream
*My Books: http://www.laurapaxton.com/borderline.html
AM
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not about taking it too seriously. It's about cringing because it was so lame and not funny. I also agree with whoever said there is a distinction between geek and Steve Urkel. Turning Spencer into a bufoon in the hopes of garnering a few laughs is not cool in my book. Lame, cheap shot that falls flat in my book.

And yeah, I cringed with ebarassment and disgust while watching it.

Free online community
Intelligent discussions and debates
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: