Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

amblyopianne - "Maddison's Apartment" [07/18/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marlasinger
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome work.

For the record: The marbles you saw were the vials.

And deagol...I have perfume the novel sitting right next to me. Might mean I smell something....

Were all the printouts of the seuss papers there? Maybe she didn't print them out.

We missed something with Mr. Zipp - The Letters. I'm sure of it. Did we try doing everything to "mrzipp" when we got that?

Ugh, overwhelming guilt that must be let go of. I'm going to go do that right now, be back later.

The Bree Solution.
http://one.revver.com/watch/330795

"Also... im in ur canons... supporting all ur marlas."
-AutoPilate
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VeiwerZane
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scrap this in chat clara told us it was a vial not a marble

Last edited by VeiwerZane on Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
silverblue
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I thought. She puts whatever rolled off the table out of view, then puts the two vials in camera view.

Not that it's probably important anyway. Embarassed

/runs away
Aponi
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be kind of OOG...
But it was pointed out in chat late last night that A Short History of the Far East by Kenneth Scott Latourette, looks like it has a spine label on it. Meaning, at one point it belonged to a library. It might still, who knows Razz

Either way I did some thinking after I left chat and I thought about this. That book kind of stands out by being the only one with a spine label, and Clara pauses on the drawing from the Hurricane drop, which is a drawing of 'West Beast, East Beast'.

Draw whatever conculsions you want, I just wanted to point that out.
My LG15 Vid
uninformedconsent
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should we find it curious that, 2 1/2 months after she was killed, her apartment is still full of her stuff? Of course the police had locked it down for a while during the investigation, but that appears to have ended some time ago. And we know Gregory Atkins was there within the last few days, leaving a note for Clara. But her clothes, books, food are still there? The electricity is still on? Do we assume her parents are continuing to pay the rent and utilities? I understand that a grieving parent may leave a child's bedroom untouched, but this is an apartment. At some point you would think the landlord would want to clean it out and find a new tenant.

And we can probably assume her computer was taken as evidence, but why is her desk gone?
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job cher!
chershaytoute wrote:

- Valley of the Dolls by Jacqueline Susann
- A thin white book with black lettering on spine

I see an orange spine with black lettering between these two.

chershaytoute wrote:

- A white book with black lettering at top of spine and greenish lettering at bottom

I'm pretty sure that is Hollywood by Charles Bukowski
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uninformedconsent wrote:
Should we find it curious that, 2 1/2 months after she was killed, her apartment is still full of her stuff? Of course the police had locked it down for a while during the investigation, but that appears to have ended some time ago. And we know Gregory Atkins was there within the last few days, leaving a note for Clara. But her clothes, books, food are still there? The electricity is still on? Do we assume her parents are continuing to pay the rent and utilities? I understand that a grieving parent may leave a child's bedroom untouched, but this is an apartment. At some point you would think the landlord would want to clean it out and find a new tenant.

And we can probably assume her computer was taken as evidence, but why is her desk gone?
I think Gregory Atkins said his wife was slowly cleaning the place out, but finding it difficult because she is so upset.
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uninformedconsent wrote:

I had thought of something similar to this line of thinking and that is would someone reasonably let a stranger look through their dead daughter's apartment? I could see maybe if it were a close friend who wanted closure but Clara is unsympathetic and insensitive. It didn't ring true for me. You'd assume that gesture would be a special privledge and they would be hyperprotective of their daughter's memory. In fact I got a chill when she was looking at her clothes in the closet because she seemed so cold in doing so as if to say "oh well-here's the dead girl's clothes I guess."

Last edited by immortal1 on Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lola
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is strange that the desk is gone. The briefcase is an odd choice too. I went back and looked at the "War Nook" video but couldn't find anything that stood out as different there. Maybe someone else can take a look.
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The book to the left of Midwives, might be
Promiscuities by Naomi Wolf
JenniPowell
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so so soooooooo much for doing the food and book lists...I really feel it's going to be so, so helpful!

There is such a focus on "reading" here...the fact that Clara doesn't like to do it but Maddy has this great, eclectic mix of reading materials (A LOT of those are books that I've read...and I consider myself a pretty eclectic reader). I just feel like there is a "hint" there. Also, I know that I have created a lot of past passwords after characters in novels, authors, etc.

Something about the fact that she shot the clothes is sticking with me too. Not sure what it is, but I'm keeping it in the back of my mind.

LonelyJew15: The Original "New Girl"
Aponi
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Maddison's father is somehow in on this, that is why he wanted Clara to go into the apartment, so he could pass some clues along or something?
My LG15 Vid
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad this video was really reallyt sad
VeiwerZane
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something that came up in irc was that none of those books are in her books i have read on her myspace. Thought id bring it up here.
TheeBerean
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I missed it... but I haven't seen anyone ask an important question: How did this extra note & Vial get into the briefcase? I can't imagine that Maddy would have gotten an extra note and not told anyone about it -- as scared as she was, she would have sought every piece of help possible.

Someone with access to her apartment had to place the clue there for us to find later. This should be a pretty narrow list... Who and Why?

~tb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: