Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whatever Happened To lonelygirl15? NEW VIDEO June 16, 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RAA26
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I'm new here/was too young to get really involved with LG15 mysteries in 2006, but trying to catch up now! I had a thought about a couple of the screenshot that Unadrieniel posted. Granted I still don't know what I'm talking about since I'm still catching up, but thought I'd throw in my thoughts just in case. These two comments stood out to me:

Both of them are about aging. The first one makes me think we're supposed to notice that Bree looks like she hasn't aged, and the second one says that someone would be lucky to age or take the time to age. Makes me think it might be something along the lines of Bree not aging after the Ceremony maybe?
WriterGirl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, welcome, RAA26!

This aging thing is bugging me, because to my eyes, it's pretty clearly present-day Jessica/Bree. I mean, she looks good, but the idea that she hasn't aged or that it's an old video just doesn't hold water for me. But I'm kind of terrible at telling people's ages, so I decided to compile some photographic evidence. (I'll link instead of direct posting because they're kind of big.

Bree the day of her Ceremony

Bree in the new video

Jessica's current Twitter avatar and a photo from last week's Guardian article.

To me, there's no question that the video is recent, both IC and OOC. At the least, it's impossible that it was taken before her Ceremony. Just my two cents.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WriterGirl wrote:
To me, there's no question that the video is recent, both IC and OOC. At the least, it's impossible that it was taken before her Ceremony. Just my two cents.

Also, there are references to the recent HODOR memes, so we know it's present-day Bree. Or at least someone who looks like Bree. Someone else mentioned the possibility of her having been cloned Wink

'vote 'mute in '16!
Raimainozo
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was a video from lg15 resistance where they said trait positive girls live a long time, maybe she ages very slowly because of that?
Melisa
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raimainozo wrote:
I think it was a video from lg15 resistance where they said trait positive girls live a long time, maybe she ages very slowly because of that?

Well yeah, elders take their blood so they can stop aging. I'm sure it's just a reference to her being trait positive.

On a side note, seriously Jessica doesn't age. I follow her on Instagram and this girl is bangin'.
BusyAsABree
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic. I was hoping we'd have some sleuths digging up details. I can't believe it took me DAYS to learn that this was uploaded.
Unadrieniel
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me the ones that stood out were the ones about Ubuntu. Which also happens to be my operating system of choice. Laughing

Seems like that kind of knowledge would narrow down who M might be. I assumed M = Marty from the emails, but I also uploaded the comments to facebook and tagged Daniel to ask what he thought. Maybe he knows somebody else who could be M, or could be involved. If he replies, I'll let you all know!

Welcome back to the Teen Angst Adventure Gang!
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WriterGirl wrote:
"I liked you in Spanish." Love it.

I'm starting to doubt the Emma-is-M thing, too. (I feel like I'm turning on you, JALG. I'm sorry!) I was sort of nursing speculation (based on nothing, because that's how I roll) that Daniel and Emma knew or suspected that Bree was alive. Now that it's clear they didn't, and seeing how it's affecting Daniel, I don't buy Emma-as-M dropping that bombshell in such a public way. It seems cruel.

I don't really buy Maggie, either. It's been years since I watched The Resistance, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember Maggie being a more serious person than M seems to be. M seem to have a sense of humor similar to what I remember Tachyon having. Maybe Tachyon's "Mom" retired (or...) and Tachyon got promoted to "Mother"?
[/quote]

Not at all. I was just grasping at straws and also felt like the snaps from Daniel made it far less likely.

Being "promoted" to Mother is an interesting thought. Tachyon did used to sign off with "-T" (I think...). I am wanting to rewatch everything...I started to but I'm just really busy. I'm trying to recall...I think it was hinted that Tachyon was from the family with the dog Sasha that ran away from the Order. So I imagined Mother was literally her mom, even though they had a weird family dynamic. I could be misremembering.

Of course, M could also be someone new, unless there was an indication we know him/her that I missed.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAA26 wrote:
Hi! I'm new here/was too young to get really involved with LG15 mysteries in 2006, but trying to catch up now! I had a thought about a couple of the screenshot that Unadrieniel posted. Granted I still don't know what I'm talking about since I'm still catching up, but thought I'd throw in my thoughts just in case. These two comments stood out to me:

Both of them are about aging. The first one makes me think we're supposed to notice that Bree looks like she hasn't aged, and the second one says that someone would be lucky to age or take the time to age. Makes me think it might be something along the lines of Bree not aging after the Ceremony maybe?

That was my first thought too. But then I remembered she is trait positive. Still, something about that comment strikes me. If she is giving blood on a regular basis to the elders, she would likely age from - well, dying rather frequently. Unless she's become an elder?
WriterGirl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wintermute wrote:
Someone else mentioned the possibility of her having been cloned Wink

Well. Obviously. Wink

According to the LGPedia article "Trait Positive", the Elders believe a Ceremony can extend their lives by 40-50 years (it cites a KateModern episode). So I think it's safe to say that trait positive girls probably do age a lot slower. Mainly I was addressing the ideas of the video itself being old.

Unadrieniel wrote:
I assumed M = Marty from the emails, but I also uploaded the comments to facebook and tagged Daniel to ask what he thought.

I thought about Marty, as well, but: A.) Why would he share an email chain where his and his wife's (presuming Karen is his wife) names are the only ones not redacted? That seems reckless to me. There's definitely something to that, but I don't think it's pointing to him as M.
B.) I've been assuming that M/Mother is a female because, well, "Mother". Maybe I need to widen my thoughts there.

JustAnotherLonelyGirl wrote:
Of course, M could also be someone new, unless there was an indication we know him/her that I missed.

I think this looks like the most likely. In fact, I think M said in a comment that she never met Bree, which narrows the pool a bit. (Although there are plenty of major characters who never got to meet Bree, sadly.) I think we're all going through the established characters because that's what we have to work with and because we're excited to hopefully see them again.
mnbeeler
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Who is M?! Reply with quote

Okay. So I have a very, very fetched theory. But one that could be plausible. Remember Gilman? The one that we theoried to be helping Mr Avery for helping bree find a serum and such? Remember his mistress who knew all about things? And refused to show her face to the camera? What if shes avenging Mr. Gilman? And fighting the order?

I know it's super far fetched, but she was known as the mistress?
grace2_89
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is M?! Reply with quote

mnbeeler wrote:
Okay. So I have a very, very fetched theory. But one that could be plausible. Remember Gilman? The one that we theoried to be helping Mr Avery for helping bree find a serum and such? Remember his mistress who knew all about things? And refused to show her face to the camera? What if shes avenging Mr. Gilman? And fighting the order?

I know it's super far fetched, but she was known as the mistress?

Oh, you mean as the "M" from the comments?

It is far-fetched, but hey, who knows? That's what brainstorming is. Smile
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WriterGirl wrote:

I think this looks like the most likely. In fact, I think M said in a comment that she never met Bree, which narrows the pool a bit. (Although there are plenty of major characters who never got to meet Bree, sadly.) I think we're all going through the established characters because that's what we have to work with and because we're excited to hopefully see them again.

I think M said he/she "never really knew" Bree, which doesn't rule out their having met.

But yes, it could be someone totally new. Hopefully there will at least be a connection to someone we know. Based on the formatting and voice of M's posts and comments, I would bet a connection to Tachyon. It just has a similar writing style to hers.
WriterGirl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think M said he/she "never really knew" Bree, which doesn't rule out their having met.

Oh, you're right. And actually, that reminds me of a late S1 episode where Spencer asks Taylor about Bree and she's like, "Well, we only spent that one day with them." I can see Taylor trying to put her super hacker skillz to good use again. Maybe she still has some guilt over the Sarah thing.

Based on the formatting and voice of M's posts and comments, I would bet a connection to Tachyon. It just has a similar writing style to hers.

But also, this.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WriterGirl wrote:

Oh, you're right. And actually, that reminds me of a late S1 episode where Spencer asks Taylor about Bree and she's like, "Well, we only spent that one day with them." I can see Taylor trying to put her super hacker skillz to good use again. Maybe she still has some guilt over the Sarah thing.

Based on the formatting and voice of M's posts and comments, I would bet a connection to Tachyon. It just has a similar writing style to hers.

But also, this.

I thought of Taylor and Sarah too. Unfortunately, I wasn't all that taken with the Taylor character, so I didn't want to say anything. And Sarah, well, I'm not sure they can make her a double double agent... so yeah.

Jenni has confirmed that the OpAphid and Tachyon storylines from when Glenn worked for LG15 are still considered canon, but did not elaborate on their relationship to this new story.

So, it could be a connection to Tachyon directly, or, if those characters are off-limits, they could be drawing inspiration from Tachyon and creating a whole new character. Perhaps another girl who was raised in the HoO/the Order and escaped at a young age.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: