Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

From the Powers That Be
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Questions and Comments About LG15
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JenniPowell
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: From the Powers That Be Reply with quote

This will be a thread where the team of LG15: Anchor Cove (AKA: The Powers That Be) can relay any official messages that need to be put out to the fandom at large. You can also post questions here for the Powers That Be but know that not every question can be answered due to The Curtain. I (Jenni Powell) am the only current spokesperson for The Powers That Be unless I designate other spokespeople in the future.

And yes, that's a Buffy reference. Booyah.

LonelyJew15: The Original "New Girl"
JenniPowell
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First order of business: where the original content ends and where LG15: Anchor Cove begins.

The Powers That Be designates "original content" begins at the creation of the lonelygirl15 channel and ends at the last episode of LG15: The Resistance. LG15: Anchor Cove begins at the video "Whatever Happened to lonelygirl15?"

The Eiffel Tower is safe.

ir3act
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I don't really like the idea of just deleting THE SHOW IS YOURS from the canon -- but in the words of Abed, "Repiloting is tough" and you are picking up LG15 after an incredibly long hiatus. THE LAST had a lot of fans. OUTBREAK had, uh, one positive review. As a long-time reader of comic books, I like it best when writers look at a labyrinth and convoluted mythology and cheerfully declare everything to be true, even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff -- and mine it all for something. But I also feel that any writers assuming stewardship of a long-running property with an extensive back catalog of unresolved plot threads cannot let themselves fall into the trap of continuity. If LG15: ANCHOR COVE requires a clean slate where THE LAST and OUTBREAK muddied the canvas, then so be it. Still, it's a shame.

I guess what I'm saying is that, as a fan of Jenni Powell and Logan Rapp's writing and producing, I have confidence in them. At this point, I don't really have any idea what LG15: ANCHOR COVE is going to be like, so I can only see the pros and cons and feel faith that the pros will be greater than the cons.

Since it's impossible for me to say whether this is a good decision or a bad decision, allow me to simply say that I salute you and am eager to see where it all goes. Smile
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the clarification.

And the Buffy reference. XD
WriterGirl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm being honest, I was getting a little antsy that we hadn't heard from you guys, so thank you for this!

Also, thank you for clarifying the new show's title (and what a great title, IMO) and the boundaries of the canon.

I am so excited to see where things go from here!
phisho
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JenniPowell wrote:
First order of business: where the original content ends and where LG15: Anchor Cove begins.

The Powers That Be designates "original content" begins at the creation of the lonelygirl15 channel and ends at the last episode of LG15: The Resistance. LG15: Anchor Cove begins at the video "Whatever Happened to lonelygirl15?"

The Eiffel Tower is safe.

This makes things a lot less messy, so I'm on board. The Outbreak finale was...logistically complicated, I'd say.

Can you clear up any lingering OpAPHID canon questions? I guess these questions were never totally answered even eight years ago, but now that Logan is officially involved, I could see how Linc could be designated canon.

Is it safe to assume that the OpAPHID/Tachyon videos listed here are canon, but everything else (redearth88, The Home Office, etc.) isn't?

Does the announcement from pre-TSIY2 that OpAPHID characters are back in play mean anything for Anchor Cove? (Understood if this is kept behind The Curtain.)

And then, this is less important, but...safe to assume KateModern and n1ckola are still canon? I don't even remember if I finished n1ckola...

Thanks so, so much for getting this off the ground, guys. I've reread the wiki and am rewatching The Resistance now and it's insane how vivid my memory of most of this is. I never would have dreamed that this story would ever continue, and I'm glad it's in the hands of two fans who know what they're doing. Looking forward to seeing what you do from here.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phisho wrote:

Can you clear up any lingering OpAPHID canon questions?

Yes, thanks for asking this. I'm wondering about this too.
JenniPowell
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything OpAPHID that occurred during the time Glenn was officially a part of the show is still canon. I can't speak to if OpAPHID characters will be a part of Anchor Cove.

KateModern and n1ckola are still canon. I also can't speak on if they play into Anchor Cove.

Also can't speak on Linc's status at this point.

ir3act
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've given the removal of TSIY some more thought -- and I think I can see the good in it with regards to OUTBREAK. The destruction of the Eiffel Tower is such a massive, large scale event. It instantly shifts LG15 into an alternate universe.

The appeal of LG15 from the start was that one could believe these were real events being presented through vlogs. Obviously, that waned and fell apart at many points, but the series never made it impossible to return to that sense of plausibility -- until OUTBREAK. Once OUTBREAK happened, we could no longer think of the events of these vlogs as being part of our world; the destruction of a prominent and globally known landmark would be impossible to see uninvestigated. No matter how ridiculous LG15 got in its absurdities, those absurdities didn't play out on an in-universe global stage.

Daniel remarking that the Hymn of One is not gone, simply in stealth mode, seemed to tie into OUTBREAK declaring the Order destroyed in America -- and while I have little fondness for the Order as a concept or a villain, any LG15 story probably needs it to exist on some level, so this too, was a development probably best set aside whether as a retcon or as a wholesale rejection of the OUTBREAK material.

OUTBREAK's assertion that Tachyon was for some reason holding Jonas prisoner wasn't a great idea and fairly nonsensical with regards to the Tachyon character. It could be explained away as Tachyon merely knowing Jonas' location but withholding it for some reason -- but if LG15: ANCHOR COVE has a plan for Jonas that doesn't fit OUTBREAK, then maybe that too is best erased.

I'm still sad to see THE LAST removed, however. I am not someone who is fond of the approach of picking and choosing continuity; I like to see it all embraced with any problematic areas either rationalized or gently reworked. I like the idea of seeing LG15 as a myth with numerous variations and saying that none of the variations were bad in themselves even if the execution may have been wanting.

Ultimately, it's a personal preference and I can't see deletion over integration having a negative impact on the quality of ANCHOR COVE.
ir3act
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a message for Jenni Powell:

Dear Jenni,
You've inspired me.

I don't know if you remember, but back in 2009, I was seeking collaborators for the LONELYJOURNAL15 project. You were one person I hoped would consult, and you kindly told me that you didn't think producing more LG15 material was a good use of creativity and time, that it'd be a lot of work, that it'd be better to do original material and to take my ideas for LG15 and do them as something independent of LG15 entirely.

I was unreasonably upset by your thoughts and I regret my caustic response to you -- where I should have instead thanked you for your very valid and correct opinion: you don't need to be an LG15 writer, you need to be a writer, you need to be yourself, you need to do your own stuff.

At the time, I really wanted closure for LG15 and other collaborators offered assistance and I think the project turned out really well. You and Logan were so generous and sweet to me when I asked for permission to use MISFITS' plot in LONELYJOURNAL15, especially when I asked during the bitter period of the first TSIY.

My fanfic made me happy. I carried on with my day job, found other jobs in communications and editing, and carried on writing fanfic as an emotional outlet. The joy and fun of writing LONELYJOURNAL15 would eventually lead me to writing my recent project, SLIDERS REBORN, a fan revival of the cancelled science fiction series SLIDERS, presented in the form of six movie-length PDF screenplays with prose-pastiches of the actors' performances.

It's nuts -- fans seem to take my stuff more seriously than most; I get emails from readers saying they can hear the actors saying the lines; podcasts for the show review my scripts as actual episodes of the series -- and my editor on SLIDERS REBORN often remarks that it is heartening and depressing that I spend so much time and thought on fan fiction because while he knows it makes me happy, but he wishes I would do something of my own.

I would always file his opinion away for future reference, remove it from the forefront of my mind -- until LONELYGIRL15 came back with you leading the revival. You've had such a spectacular and impressive career since 2008: WITH THE ANGELS, EMMA APPROVED, LIZZIE BENNET, PETER & WENDY, Discourse Productions -- and having put all your creativity into your own stuff, you now return to LG15 not as a fanfic writer but as its lead creator. It's incredible! You're amazing. I am so delighted to see LG15 return with you leading it into the future -- and seeing what you've done and what you do has me asking myself what the hell I've been doing with myself.

Fanfic's been a great place to practice and I'm going to finish up my sixth and final SLIDERS script -- and then I'm going to start writing original material instead of sequels and conclusions to other people's material. Instead of writing LG15 and SLIDERS stories, I'll write the stories they and you have inspired me to create. You doing your own stuff is most likely what led you to build the network, career, reputation, skills, experience, company and team that let you return to LG15 in the way that you have. And I should follow your good example. It's time to do my own stuff, just like you!

So, this is seven years late -- but you were right. Your advice was wonderful. I'll do it. Smile

Thank you.
JenniPowell
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you ir3act, that was lovely. I'm touched.

ir3act
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it, Jenni! Now, for a concern -- the Season 2 playlist on the lonelygirl15 YouTube channel seems to be incomplete; it starts off with Sarah revealing she has the anti-trait positive serum, it's missing Emma's introduction and it seems to be short of at least 61 videos.

I found this one -- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3BCF4090A530B951 -- which seems to be complete. Any chance of getting that updated? Smile
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know how in the old days we'd get together at a certain time and refresh until a new video came out? It always felt like an event. Are those days gone? I wouldn't expect a schedule but DB did something pretty cool recently where he basically said "I'll have a response tomorrow." I thought that was a great way to build anticipation.
werewolfbitevictim
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

immortal1 wrote:
You know how in the old days we'd get together at a certain time and refresh until a new video came out? It always felt like an event. Are those days gone? I wouldn't expect a schedule but DB did something pretty cool recently where he basically said "I'll have a response tomorrow." I thought that was a great way to build anticipation.

I know! I cannot wait for new developments. I have seen all the puzzles there is nothing I can add to what everyone has uncovered, and so I wait... Embarassed I really hope Daniel does something soon, but being he said he would go ghost a few weeks, I am assuming he is getting his life in order before tearing off somewhere to do research? Rolling Eyes I just am so excited about it all so I hope it keeps going...at a faster pace than it has been.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

werewolfbitevictim wrote:
immortal1 wrote:

I know! I cannot wait for new developments. I have seen all the puzzles there is nothing I can add to what everyone has uncovered, and so I wait... Embarassed I really hope Daniel does something soon, but being he said he would go ghost a few weeks, I am assuming he is getting his life in order before tearing off somewhere to do research? Rolling Eyes I just am so excited about it all so I hope it keeps going...at a faster pace than it has been.

Yeah, I didn't take him seriously when he said that. Like when Bree would threaten to stop posting videos, but then something would obviously happen to draw her back. Now it looks like he is actually taking a few weeks. Damn. =(
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Questions and Comments About LG15 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: