Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

From the Powers That Be
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Questions and Comments About LG15
View previous topic :: View next topic  
werewolfbitevictim
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I didn't take him seriously when he said that. Like when Bree would threaten to stop posting videos, but then something would obviously happen to draw her back. Now it looks like he is actually taking a few weeks. Damn. =([/quote]

Idea Maybe he has been recording some, but hasn't uploaded them immediately because he doesn't want the Order to know his exact location when he is there, or he hasn't found anything yet. One can hope lots of new videos are coming hopefully on fb or on youtube.
WriterGirl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured that they really wanted to get something up on the anniversary, but maybe they didn't quite have everything else ready to go, so now they're taking some time to get things set up to go forward. Just a theory.

But to redirect this as an actual question/comment for the Creators, it would be nice to know if there's going to be a set schedule.
ir3act
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'n kind of enjoying this downtime, to be honest. It's been heartwarming to reconnect with the community. To rewatch all my favourite videos. In the course of my rewatch, I've written three ridiculously long essays on my LG15 opinions that I'm sure nobody will ever read. Very Happy
JenniPowell
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to come by and give you all a "behind the scenes" update. We realize everyone is super super keen on getting more content quickly. The new video exceeded everyone's expectations and because of such, we have more opportunities then we had in the 8 months we talked about bringing lg15 back. Now we know there is still an audience for lg15 so many years later, and that knowledge is power. It takes time to explore these opportunities but what it will mean is that we will be able to do more than we would have without these opportunities.

So I appreciate everyone's patience with us. We are hearing your concerns and we take them seriously. But please have faith in us! Beyond these conversations we're having about bigger opportunities, we do still have a plan for releasing things that you will see soon. I don't want to say too much or overhype anything, so I'm just going to leave it at that for now. We know you want more and we want to give it to you.

For those of you reaching out to me directly, I'm doing my best to answer in a timely manner but please respect that I can't come out from behind the curtain too much when it comes to actual timelines and plot points. But I'm always happy to hear from you and chat about other things on your minds.

Thanks everyone!

LonelyJew15: The Original "New Girl"
phisho
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've waited like eight years; I can stick it out a little longer.
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jenni!

(I kept hoping for something new on my birthday, which was last Friday Wink )
grace2_89
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the update! I know it's a hard balance between maintaining the curtain and maintaining the audience, so I want to you know I sincerely appreciate the slight pull-back (of the curtain) you gave us. I know a lot of us were thinking we'd done something wrong, or not done something.

I also don't mind waiting as long as I know I'm waiting for something. Smile
Elias
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hype level rising.
ir3act
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kind of embarrassing to make a huge impact with a new LG15 video and Daniel appearing on Snapchat and Facebook live and to then follow up on all this anticipation and eagerness with silence.

At the same time, LG15's downfall, historically, was the previous creators' unwillingness to sit down and plan: plan the stories they wanted to tell, plan for the challenges ahead, plan for the difficulties that would arise -- which led to the show's demise as LG15 went from a zero budget project to the bloated monstrosity of THE RESISTANCE -- creatively vacant and financially unmanageable.

So if ANCHOR COVE needs to take a step back to evaluate and prepare and assess, I am all for it. I don't know where those preparations and plans are going, obviously, but I would rather have a well-considered, well thought-out revival next year instead of a slapdash mess right this second. The LG15 video and Daniel's return followed by the silence? I'm going to think of those as early trailers and teasers instead of the start of the series.
$wagdaddyLuke
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elias wrote:
Hype level rising.

Relevance level lowering, they'd be smart to give an update before the Internet forgets this show again
primaryasset
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I, for one, am grateful that Jenni has been updating us on their progress here, and that they're working hard to bring us a satisfying new series. Getting that first new video on the tenth anniversary was really cool, and I don't mind having to wait for more now, knowing we've got plenty to look forward to!
$wagdaddyLuke
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JenniPowell wrote:
I wanted to come by and give you all a "behind the scenes" update. We realize everyone is super super keen on getting more content quickly. The new video exceeded everyone's expectations and because of such, we have more opportunities then we had in the 8 months we talked about bringing lg15 back. Now we know there is still an audience for lg15 so many years later, and that knowledge is power. It takes time to explore these opportunities but what it will mean is that we will be able to do more than we would have without these opportunities.

So I appreciate everyone's patience with us. We are hearing your concerns and we take them seriously. But please have faith in us! Beyond these conversations we're having about bigger opportunities, we do still have a plan for releasing things that you will see soon. I don't want to say too much or overhype anything, so I'm just going to leave it at that for now. We know you want more and we want to give it to you.

For those of you reaching out to me directly, I'm doing my best to answer in a timely manner but please respect that I can't come out from behind the curtain too much when it comes to actual timelines and plot points. But I'm always happy to hear from you and chat about other things on your minds.

Thanks everyone!

I may be misreading this so correct me if I'm wrong but what I gather is you didn't expect as huge of a reaction from YouTube so because of that you're being too careful with the route the series is going to take. I've seen this sort of thing happen before with other fiction based products(usually film franchises and video games) in which the developers lack the confidence in their original idea so they begin to have doubts about future endeavors, despite having a great response from their target audience, so as a result they'll spend an excessive amount of time debating the route their product should take instead of just going with their original plans(which more often than not were fine) which ALWAYS results in the product they do end up going with losing its relevance and not meeting the anticipated goals.

Point is TAKE CHANCES! Go with your gut and do what was originally planned, some people will like it, some won't but that's better than doing nothing and letting a product lose its steam because of doubts creators may have
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$wagdaddyLuke wrote:
JenniPowell wrote:

Thanks everyone!

I may be misreading this so correct me if I'm wrong but what I gather is you didn't expect as huge of a reaction from YouTube so because of that you're being too careful with the route the series is going to take. I've seen this sort of thing happen before with other fiction based products(usually film franchises and video games) in which the developers lack the confidence in their original idea so they begin to have doubts about future endeavors, despite having a great response from their target audience, so as a result they'll spend an excessive amount of time debating the route their product should take instead of just going with their original plans(which more often than not were fine) which ALWAYS results in the product they do end up going with losing its relevance and not meeting the anticipated goals.

Point is TAKE CHANCES! Go with your gut and do what was originally planned, some people will like it, some won't but that's better than doing nothing and letting a product lose its steam because of doubts creators may have

That is not at all how I read the post. When something makes a bigger splash than expected, you can get better financial backing and industry support. Kind of like when a low budget indie film makes it big and the director's next movie is a Blockbuster.
atnegam
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are videos going to be updated more regularly at some point? We get 2 and then nothing for a month. And then 2 more and then nothing. This is torture.
ir3act
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no inside knowledge, but I wonder if the success of the revival video made it possible for the new LG15 to acquire more partners and more funding. More money is always helpful -- especially when your title character is ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GLOBE. I don't think I quite assimilated that until recently, but it is an enormous challenge to tell LONELYGIRL15 stories when she can only appear in isolated footage apart from the other cast members.

Anything that might allow LG15 to fly Jessica Lee Rose out to LA and put her up at a bed and breakfast for as long as fiscally possible to film as much as she's capable would be worthwhile.

Again, no inside track here. Just speculating. As for taking chances -- taking chances and having a properly considered plan are not mutually exclusive. LG15's problem was not that it refused to take chances -- it sent a teen dramedy series into the espionage-fugitive format, it switched from a tight duo to a trio and then an ensemble, it killed off its lead character, it cancelled itself and relaunched as a spinoff.

The problem was that LG15's creators refused to plan or prepare and would sprint off in various directions with no idea of where they were going. The show kept itself prominent through its bold moves. But, to paraphrase Josh Friedman, lack of planning left LG15 staggering through its story like a drunk who woke up with a Season 3 with no clue who drove them there or how to get home.

So, if Jenni Powell, Logan Rapp, Youself Abu-Taleb and Jessica Lee Rose want to take some time to figure out what the hell they're doing so that they don't accumulate another extensive catalog of unresolved stories, incomprehensible plotholes, nonsensical characterization, incoherent world-building or stories that vastly exceeded the resources of the series, I am all for it.

I would rather have a well-considered, properly thought-out LG15 revival in 2017 than rushed and improvised videos now.

If releasing the revival video on the anniversary was acting too soon -- then so be it. Everyone screws up, in which case the important thing is to recognize that you made a mistake. At this point, you should stop and work out a solution because if you simply bluster and blunder forward, you could end up dangling from a god-damn ceiling for eight years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Questions and Comments About LG15 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: