Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drop at Dark Delicacies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Clues and Puzzles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the hospital related documents are there to support the narrative. Daniel and Emma have been interviewing mothers(of presumed trait positive babies) and here we have info on mothers. We also are given the name of an IT Director Jane Bryce.

The docs came in a Loot Crate box and the flashlight was a Loot Crate item. I think it might all just be a Loot Crate plug.

The Mage profile is the big mystery for me. The name is Cr@$hdown. Normally you'd go to replacing letters with symbols in a name when the name using all letters taken online. I thought maybe the number of dots pointed to a corresponding letter. ex. Strength has 2 dots pointing to the second letter "t." I couldn't get anything useful out of that though.
WriterGirl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kellylen wrote:
Daniel's video today almost made it seem like there was nothing for us to figure out in these documents, as he was given the addresses, which seems a bit off.

I was thinking about that last night, wondering if we should be worried that M was sending Daniel and Emma somewhere we couldn't go. Maybe she's trying to separate them from us. But that doesn't make a lot of sense, since there's nothing to keep Daniel from passing along the addresses (and he said he'd ask for backup if he needs it). And there is a legitimate reason why M wouldn't give us the addresses, since she knew they would be posted publicly and that could cause some trouble. (Especially if these are real hospitals. Are they?) So.

I was also thinking that we need to look into the non-redacted names, but it looks like Jane Bryce is the only full name we have, and that's not exactly uncommon. So I don't know what good that will do.

I don't think these documents are useless at all. At the least, they paint a compelling narrative. But I'm also at a loss of what to do with them. There must be something there for us, but I'm not sure how to find it.
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some research into the character sheet.

I can't find an alias online of Cr@$hdown. However I notice this is a Roswell reference and we received an X-files flashlight. Is there a UFO connection somewhere in this puzzle? I hope LG15 isn't going Sci-fi on us, that would be odd.

Let's start going down the character sheet.

Chronicle.
The chronicle is titled "The Spiral". Does this mean that we are spiraling back down the rabbit hole? Are we spiraling out of control. Why is it titled "The Spiral"

Nature and Demeanor.
Nature is who you are inside yourself while demeanor is what you show to others. This person's Nature is rogue while their demeanor is architect.
Quote:
Rogue: Screw the world! You do what you need to look out for yourself and get done what has to get done. If someone else suffers in the process, that's just too bad. Regain Willpower when your self-centered methods gain you something of significant value.

Architect: You desire to leave a legacy, tangible or intangible. This could be anything from an artistic masterpiece to a successful organization you founded to a new tradition you started.. Regain Willpower when you create something of great importance and/or lasting value.

I'm a little concerned about the nature being rogue, especially the line about if someone suffers it is too bad. Maybe I am just being over protective of Daniel.

Essence.
I'm not sure what essence means about a person, but this person's essence is "Questing" this means...
Quote:
Blowing through a crossroads, the Questing Avatar glides over worn paths and crumbled ruins. A questing soul, he leads a wizard on an endless journey past thickets of greed and snares of doubt. Bearing gifts of balance, calm and vision, this spirit has more focus than the wild Dynamic and more imagination like the rigid Pattern. Like the Primordial, he flows past obstacles, but his works are more temperate and beneficial.

Heralds of a new day, Questing Avatars rarely take solid forms in dreams. Like the winds they resemble, these spirits are formless, relentless and ephemeral. Refreshing as they seem, such souls never rest. Their Mages wander until death ends their journey.

To me this sounds like we may never find out who M is, M may just be a guiding force to us, like a ghost.

Tradition.
Put simply
Quote:
Mages of Virtual Adepts are technological adepts capable of informational wizardry. They are masters of the sphere of Correspondence, magic dealing with three-dimensional location and space, communications.

This makes sense why Cr@$hdown has high computer skills.

However, it should be noted that they also have 4 "stars" in manipulation and intelligence, and 3 "stars" in charisma and wits. I'm concerned about the high manipulation. I've had a few ex boyfriends who meet that criteria and I know they are not to be trusted. Smile Wink

Spheres
Now Cr@$hdown has 4 "stars" in Correspondence.
Quote:
This is what wiki has to say about correspondence: "Deals with spatial relations, giving the Mage power over space and distances. Correspondence magic allows powers such as teleportation, seeing into distant areas, and at higher levels the Mage may also co-locate herself or even stack different spaces within each other. Correspondence can be combined with almost any other sphere to create effects that span distances."

They also have 3 "stars" in Sphere.
Quote:
This sphere is an eclectic mixture of abilities relating to dealings with the spirit world or Umbra. It includes stepping into the Near Umbra right up to traveling through outer space, contacting and controlling spirits, communing with your own or others' avatars, returning a Mage into a sleeper, returning ghosts to life, creating magical fetish items, and so forth. Unlike other Spheres, the difficulty of Spirit magic is often a factor of the Gauntlet, making these spells harder for the most part. The Sphere is referred to as Dimensional Science by the Technocratic Union.

Just some research I did and want to share with ya'll.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kellylen wrote:
...we received an X-files flashlight.

Already stated these, but worth repeating:

Most obvious use of a flashlight is to shine light on something. And since this is the 2nd time we've gotten the document, maybe we missed something despite Daniel making it seem otherwise.

"Trust no one" is an obvious X-Files connection, so hopefully no need to worry about it getting too sci-fi-y Wink How far does "no one" reach? Does that include Daniel?!

'vote 'mute in '16!
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wintermute wrote:
and since this is the 2nd time we've gotten the document, maybe we missed something despite Daniel making it seem otherwise.

We discussed in chat that the comment about "she sure loves her Plath" is a clue that the Boss in the email chain is Sarah. Sarah also had a ferret who was named after a Plath character (or Plath herself, I can't remember). Combined with the reference in the email signature, it almost feels like all signs are pointing to her being the head elder now.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Drop Reply with quote

Who here has watched Stranger Things on Netflix? If you haven't and are planning to, minor spoiler to follow... Sorry Wink

I was reading an article, and suddenly I thought of one of the documents we received. Everyone who's seen the show should (hopefully) know which one I'm talking about Wink It didn't hit me until just a few moments ago, though... lol

'vote 'mute in '16!
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mute,

I just finished yesterday and I feel like I had a thought like that while watching, but can't remember right now.
Angelique
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys! So there was a request for JPG versions of the files to be scanned. I have a link to a dropbox file with all of them in it (and with the original PDF scan). If this doesn't work please let me know.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4KmEbDX_KMtSlAwZDM1SmhiN1k
prufrockprep
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I want to believe" is the mindset I have when I'm watching/reading an ARG, like suspending my disbelief.
Astroman
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe map data contained within it, long and lat information, just got back off hols so will have a closer look tomorrow.

Also possible it's an anagram!
MaboshiHotaru
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wintermute wrote:
kellylen wrote:

Most obvious use of a flashlight is to shine light on something. And since this is the 2nd time we've gotten the document, maybe we missed something despite Daniel making it seem otherwise.

Maybe we should see if there is any invisible ink on the papers? Invisible ink can be seen by heating the page. Using a flash light (or warm lightbulb) is one of the safer ways of doing it.
Angelique
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can try this on the papers if you like, but what would the best way be (how close to the paper, etc). Also, the flashlight provided was an LED light, which I don't think provides that type of heat - does it?

MaboshiHotaru wrote:
wintermute wrote:
kellylen wrote:

Maybe we should see if there is any invisible ink on the papers? Invisible ink can be seen by heating the page. Using a flash light (or warm lightbulb) is one of the safer ways of doing it.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angelique wrote:
I can try this on the papers if you like, but what would the best way be (how close to the paper, etc). Also, the flashlight provided was an LED light, which I don't think provides that type of heat - does it?

No, it would not.

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Angelique
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So should I try a lightbulb? Or would they have included a tool that would have assisted in solving the proposed issue?
BrightSilence
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't hurt to try, but I remember from the MA 2.0 days that a lightbulb wasn't enough and we ended up using an oven to bake them. Lets start small though there is more than one way to make invisible ink and some probably need more heat than others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Clues and Puzzles All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: