Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New CiW Images
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
syncomm
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sfonzarelli wrote:
Except there is fairly strong evidence indicating the creators of Lonelygitl15 for responsibility for Cassieswatching.

What is this "fairly strong evidence"? They openly denied any involvement in CiW. I haven't seen anything to lead people to believe the contrary.
TehSpectre
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They brought Cassie up in antoher video.

If they were distancing themselves...I think they would have phased her out as just some weird rambling that Bree has done before.

Anyhow, this isn't the place for this conversation; let it end with this comment.

-H.P. Lovecraft
syncomm
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TehSpectre wrote:
They brought Cassie up in antoher video.

If they were distancing themselves...I think they would have phased her out as just some weird rambling that Bree has done before.

In the video you reference they were talking about the cannon Cassie and IMHO trying to reframe her away from the CiW depiction (i.e. she didn't die in some weird religious ceremony on 10/12/04)... certainly doesn't seem like "strong evidence" to me. Is that the only link since the creators of LG15 spoke up on this that makes you believe they are lying about their uninvolvement?

[edit] Hopefully my on topic post at the end of page 1 didn't get too buried Wink
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

syncomm wrote:
Sfonzarelli wrote:
Except there is fairly strong evidence indicating the creators of Lonelygitl15 for responsibility for Cassieswatching.

What is this "fairly strong evidence"? They openly denied any involvement in CiW. I haven't seen anything to lead people to believe the contrary.

So a random person knew the location of BOTH of the video drop sites? Rolling Eyes

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
Nora Volkova
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah, why must this conversation go around and around so much?

"CIW is not the production of the creators; it is non-canon fanfic" does not require the corollary "CIW is the production of a random fan who doesn't know the creators and has never spoken with them nor anyone else involved with the production of LG15."

*EVEN IF* ciw is produced and being run by someone who approached Miles and Mesh with an idea and was given early permission to run with that idea, that does not make CIW a Miles and Mesh production and it does not make CIW a canon part of the LG15 universe. There is no valid evidence here. It would be correct and appropriate and logical and valid for ANYONE to describe this situation as CIW having "attenuated ties."
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nora Volkova wrote:

"CIW is not the production of the creators; it is non-canon fanfic" does not require the corollary "CIW is the production of a random fan who doesn't know the creators and has never spoken with them nor anyone else involved with the production of LG15."

*EVEN IF* ciw is produced and being run by someone who approached Miles and Mesh with an idea and was given early permission to run with that idea, that does not make CIW a Miles and Mesh production and it does not make CIW a canon part of the LG15 universe. There is no valid evidence here. It would be correct and appropriate and logical and valid for ANYONE to describe this situation as CIW having "attenuated ties."

AHA! So, you admit there is a connection!

ROFL LOL LOL
[04:03] <lyriclyinclined> with the exception of a bad apple pucker incident
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nora Volkova wrote:

EVEN IF that was the case, the fact that this is the first mention of this by anyone even vaguely connected to the creators (and your ties to the creators are equally attenuated) is proof of some dishonesty on their behalf. There's a difference between writing homoerotic Harry Potter fanfiction and J.K. Rowling's best friend writing homoerotic Harry Potter fanfiction and publishing it under the same publisher as the official Harry Potter stories with J.K. Rowling's consent and cooperation, (and probably with her help) and you know it.

milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIW will never be linked back to the real bree by the Creators.

My guess is that Miles or Mesh let slip where the locations for the swimming and park videos were to a friend or acquaintance, and didn't stop them from doing something with it, because that person was all jazzed up about it. That would explain Admin distancing themselves from CIW, but not completely severing ties. Maybe the ciw creator is the nephew of some big director or something. But that doesn't make CIW any closer to Bree than any of these other crazy fanfic videos, like OpAphid or CIW222 or Frank or whatever.
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milowent wrote:
CIW will never be linked back to the real bree by the Creators.

My guess is that Miles or Mesh let slip where the locations for the swimming and park videos were to a friend or acquaintance, and didn't stop them from doing something with it, because that person was all jazzed up about it. That would explain Admin distancing themselves from CIW, but not completely severing ties. Maybe the ciw creator is the nephew of some big director or something. But that doesn't make CIW any closer to Bree than any of these other crazy fanfic videos, like OpAphid or CIW222 or Frank or whatever.

OK, whatever.

milowent
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nuj7DTrDOkk
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milowent wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nuj7DTrDOkk

And then up comes Zafo
I'm, like, "yo, Zafo. What's up?"
He's, like, "nothin'"
And I'm, like, "that's cool."

Nora Volkova
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that's hardly the first mention of this theory. SharpDressedMan -- one of the original Phorum Three who stung the Creators by catching them posting from Greg's wife's office at the CAA -- posted about this possibility at least three weeks ago.
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nora Volkova wrote:
And that's hardly the first mention of this theory. SharpDressedMan

Not by the creators. They said "Haha...this is just a wacky fan! But we appreciate the creativity!" They didn't say "Haha...this is just our wacky friend who's doing this with our initial permission and occasional help but we don't dig the Manson stuff because we're midly less crazy than he is but we'll still give him asylum becaue we secretly think it's awesome."

wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's time we agree to disagree on the Creators' involvement, or lack thereof, with CiW. It doesn't matter either way.

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Nora Volkova
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fonz, I love arguing/debating with you. And I love watching you arguing/debating with other people. And wintermute undoubtedly has a point, but I might be too stubborn to concede it yet -- too soon to tell.

Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: