Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestions?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Suggestions? Reply with quote

The summary of Cassie clues thread is becoming huge, and difficult to update and maintain. We need a better way to organize the clues/solutions for new/late comers. Please post your suggestions here.
[04:03] <lyriclyinclined> with the exception of a bad apple pucker incident
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the LGPedia. It is meant for research and documentation of everything in the LG15 universe. Plus you can upload images there.
Nos
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you should create a locked post, and just edit it as needed. It would be simpler, I would be. Or several locked and stickied posts, about various groups of clues: Video clues, Morse clues, Picture clues, ect.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

Everyone could use a free hug.
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin wrote:
Use the LGPedia. It is meant for research and documentation of everything in the LG15 universe. Plus you can upload images there.

HAHA! That was my first thought right after posting! Smile

Thanks, Admin! Very Happy
dharmabum420
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do bring it to the LGpedia, I'd love to see the ciw stuff there improve. It's a much more effective place to organize that kind of material than a forum; for instance, only one user can continually update the top post in "Summary of Clues", but everyone can pitch in on a wiki to keep it current.

I've been slightly disappointed the ciw fans haven't visited the LGpedia enough to keep the ciw stuff just simply up-to-date (the cassieiswatching article on the LGpedia still says "pending Oct. 1" for clues, for instance), and would be very happy to see more of them.

Admin on the LGpedia.
randomtrickpony
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second (or third) the LGpedia notion. Please do so Raven...if you need help, I'm sure quite a few of us (including me) would love to.

It has begun! 0 more days till zero hour...ding dong the Bree is dead?
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could definitely use the help! I don't know where to begin with a Wiki, and I've never made anything but minor updates to Wikipedia. Laughing
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dharmabum420 wrote:
Please do bring it to the LGpedia, I'd love to see the ciw stuff there improve. It's a much more effective place to organize that kind of material than a forum; for instance, only one user can continually update the top post in "Summary of Clues", but everyone can pitch in on a wiki to keep it current.

I've been slightly disappointed the ciw fans haven't visited the LGpedia enough to keep the ciw stuff just simply up-to-date (the cassieiswatching article on the LGpedia still says "pending Oct. 1" for clues, for instance), and would be very happy to see more of them.

How do we create an "Event" template similiar to what we have with the LG15 Episode guide? Should that be used for CiW episodes, or something completely different?
curriguy
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like the contents of the "Summary of clues" sticky should just be replaced with a link to the LGpedia site.
bosquelito
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think.... the LGPedia page about "Cassieiswatching" is gonna have to .... be split up into different topics and.... pages.....

See, for instance, there are some "clues" on the main LGPedia page, that really shouldn't be THERE. They should be on the CiW page, but that is growing a bit massive itself.

Currently accepted group theories might also be a good thing to have a page for. That way we keep a good organization of possible splinter ideas.

who's heading the charge on the LGPedia:CiW, etc.

Not it!!!
Sorry, I would, but my week is going to be very "me not here much" soon cuz of obligations
spiff5000
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosquelito wrote:
I think.... the LGPedia page about "Cassieiswatching" is gonna have to .... be split up into different topics and.... pages.....

See, for instance, there are some "clues" on the main LGPedia page, that really shouldn't be THERE. They should be on the CiW page, but that is growing a bit massive itself.

Currently accepted group theories might also be a good thing to have a page for. That way we keep a good organization of possible splinter ideas.

who's heading the charge on the LGPedia:CiW, etc.

Not it!!!
Sorry, I would, but my week is going to be very "me not here much" soon cuz of obligations

It would make sense to split the clues section into "solved clues" (for newbies to get 'up to speed') and "current clues" (stuff currently being solved or interpreted).

I wouldn't split the LGpedia CiW into separate pages because it's difficult to maintain continuity of the entire overview. New readers needs the instant cross-references to understand the same information that the rest of us have acquired from weeks of mind-numbing forum and blog scavenging. Wink

Last edited by spiff5000 on Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
ravensgrace

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

curriguy wrote:
I feel like the contents of the "Summary of clues" sticky should just be replaced with a link to the LGpedia site.

This is exactly what I was thinking as well.
dharmabum420
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm heading out for the night, but this is my suggestion; go to town on the LGpedia, creating what articles you think are necessary for the CIW sections of the wiki.

While CIW stuff must be kept separate from official LG15 stuff, that doesn't mean that the LGpedia can't have as many articles about CIW as it needs; it just matters that a causal viewer can clearly see that the CIW stuff is not creator-endorsed.

Trust the admins (myself included) and other LGpedia editors to correctly categorize and organize the information to keep the distinction clear if you're not experienced with the Wiki system. Those CIW fans with MediaWiki experience will quickly grasp the categories and other distinctions in order to help as well.

The whole concept behind MediaWiki is to throw as much information at it as possible, not worry about other people editing what is thrown mercilessly, and trust the community at large to help find it its proper place. So... start throwing information.

For smaller formatting issues (little things like opening lines in the article using the article's name in bold, or capitalization issues), look at the existing articles in the LGpedia, or even Wikipedia, to get the idea. But don't worry about them as much as filling the LGpedia with raw prose which can be shaped into a great encyclopedia about Lonelygirl15 and all of its offshoots.

Admin on the LGpedia.
Cu_Roi
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After leaving for an entire day and coming back to see...all of this...we have to organize folks. This is just sad.

Don't get me wrong...it's wonderful that there is so much interest and commendable that everyone is brainstorming away, but it's unacceptable to have a 50 page thread where every several posts repeats information without adding anything new, or, and this is the main problem, personal conversations that could be PM'd are carried out at extreme length.

This is why it takes us days to solve this stuff.

I suggest:
1) We start using the Cloudmaker Protocols for posts.
2)We startup a channel on IRC to handle to brainstorming and as a place for the smalltalk.
3)We start a little bit of selfregulation regarding our posts. That's what trouting is...it's self-discipline. The Mods can't keep up with all of this, and we also need to encourage them to stop some of the insanity when it begins.

These are some of the things instituted in the other ARG forums, and they work. They've been in place for a long time and they really do work. They don't detract from the enjoyment of the game or destroy the social elements we love, they increase them. Things like this are hard and fast guidelines that help the community flourish when implemented. Like ethics.

I'm suggesting this because I've been here for Cassie as long as anyone. I leave for a day, and when I return I can't find the information I need to help the rest of you out. It's not that so much happened yesterday that I shouldn't be able to catchup, or that someone new shouldn't be able to start, it's that the forums are in a state of mob panic.
"Death, in the strict sense, cannot be defined, for whatever predicate we, the living, attribute to it necessarily belongs to Life. This means that Death, as a category, behaves in a manner indistinguishable from the Infinite, and from God."
Cu_Roi
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're wondering what I'm talking about when I say "Cloudmaker Protocols" then you need to start here: http://www.unfiction.com/dev/tutorial/
"Death, in the strict sense, cannot be defined, for whatever predicate we, the living, attribute to it necessarily belongs to Life. This means that Death, as a category, behaves in a manner indistinguishable from the Infinite, and from God."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: